Chunhua’s Visit 3
1.8k 6 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you screaming so loudly for?" Hongyue mocked, her eyes filled with amusement for this wretched sister of hers. Where was that imposing miss who tried to murder her the other day? Where was that prideful villain who wanted her to perish like her mother?

Chunhua pitched forward and managed to steady herself, her breathing was erratic, and her heart was pounding like crazy. The second miss was convinced that just in that instant she had seen the fourth madam blink, but the dead were the dead. How can they move? With that continuously repeated in her heart, Chunhua tried not to panic.

Hongyue scoffed at her stepsister's effort to keep her composure. How could she not know what Chunhua was thinking? Hongyue wasn't just touching the body for no reason; she had already formed her magic arrays on it and anticipated for this second sister to trigger her hexes. Hongyue advanced closer and waved her palm in front of Chunhua, "Second Sister, you don't look well, are you okay?"

But how can Chunhua say that she thought a dead person blink at her?

"Shut up! I'm fine," Chunhua's heart was agitated that her vulnerable appearance was seen by this no-good idiot.

"Did you scream because you got frightened of her face? That's cruel. She loved you as a daughter, how can you treat her like that? She'll be very disappointed if she saw you like this," Hongyue swayed her head as she expressed thoughtfully.

Chunhua froze, moderately shifting her eyes back to the lifeless ones. The dead madam's eyes were still open so that it could be reasonable her aunt witnessed her every move. Chunhua felt paranoid as she stood paralyzed due to fear. The longer she stared, the stronger she felt like the deceased madam was watching her. The right eye appeared to twitch, and Chunhua screeched out of terror and clung on to Hongyue. However, Hongyue forced her off. However, Chunhua was so submerged in despair; she didn't seem to notice her eldest sister's threatening behavior.

The second miss stood distant and stressed, her arms clutching around her body. Her breathing became more frantic, and she coughed despairingly for fresh air, but all she could taste was blood and guilt.

"No. I'm not wrong. Don't blame me. I didn't kill anyone," Chunhua's thoughts became more frantic as she panicked.

"Hush, you might wake up the dead," Hongyue informed her as she aimlessly glanced back at the tree where the shadow spy was.

Chunhua felt so terrified at the moment, hearing Hongyue's words set her off. The second miss forced her dry lips to chant out a spell, and suddenly the whole ground stirred, and the earth around the fourth madam's body opened up and swallowed it up. The body was carefully buried underneath. Chunhua sighed in relief, but Hongyue only stared at her in disdain. That afraid? It seems like this second sister is guilty of something else being this nervous.

Feeling more reassured, Chunhua started giggling at herself for being remarkably foolish for believing the deceased was watching her.

"Don't laugh. It'll wake up the dead," Hongyue whispered, her left eye slowly changing color.

Due to Chunhua's anxiety, she didn't even seem to notice Hongyue's change in appearance. Hongyue reached up and tenderly patted Chunhua's cheek as she watched Chunhua's anxiety grow.

"W-wake...the...dead?" The poor second miss couldn't even articulate clearly before the spot where the fourth madam was just buried shook. A fist stretched up and waved frantically in the air. A face emerged from the ground; a startling fourth madam appeared calmly as if she was merely taking an afternoon walk. Her face was slightly rosy, just like she was when she was still alive. However, the red stab wound was still there on her chest. Chunhua gasped in fright and grabbed on to Hongyue.

"Looks like you already did," Hongyue murmured before she retreated away, her eyes concentrated on the shadow guard. Black stiffened, his eyes met hers, and he quaked in fear. When did she notice him? What did she want?

He ached to retreat back to the third prince. This ought to be enough to regard Hongyue as abnormal. Noticing him in terror, Hongyue let out a sweet smile before she shoved the second miss forward. The terrified girl nearly collapsed on the spot and let out another scream.

Hongyue grimaced, displeased, "Why so frightened? It's the Fourth Madam. Weren't you upset when she died? Now she's alive. Aren't you happy?"

The body of the fourth madam stepped forward and reached out for Chunhua. Black hurried forward, wanting to protect the poor girl when he felt his feet stuck in place. His body couldn't move an inch, and he couldn't make a sound. Hongyue's profile appeared in front of him, and Black felt his toes being trodden on, the pressure gradually increasing as Hongyue exerted more strength.

"Prince Pervert only ordered you to watch me, right? Then watch. I'm putting on this play just for you. Nevertheless, if you get antsy and ruin it, I'll crush your foot. I don't have to tell you how, right? I'm certain you already witnessed my skills."

Another extra chapter because I'm feeling hyper. Hehe enjoy~

 

43