Elder Bingwen, Master Of Arts
1.6k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qingyu stood still for a bit before leaving himself, his brows creased while frowning.

*********

Meanwhile, Hongyue seated herself at a busy teahouse. Her eyes glanced patiently out the window, her fingers tapping rhythmically on the wooden table. The bustling streets were filled with people and stalls to do business, yet not one was the person she was looking for. Hongyue sighed and was about to leave when a voice called out to her.

"Miss."

Hearing the familiar voice, Hongyue looked up and stared at the elder in front of her. Just the person she was looking for. A light smile spread on her face.

"We meet again," She greeted politely.

The herb seller stared at her relaxed state. Shouldn't she be more surprised? Or was she waiting for him? If she was...interesting. His wandering eyes settled on her black hair stick, and his eyes widened. Wasn't this the symbol that belonged to the particular legendary tribe? His eyes narrowed. He knew the daughter from the chief had married General Wei. If that's the case, then this miss was...

"May I ask who this respected miss is...?" The herb seller asked.

Hongyue smiled. She had observed his facial expression. She tilted her head forward and spoke straightforwardly, "It seems like you already recognized me. Is there a need to ask?"

The herb seller looked surprised at her response, "This lowly one simply wanted to confirm it."

Hongyue laughed as if she heard a joke. The person in front of her was not of low status like he portrayed. His power wasn't weak as well.

"Lowly? This doesn't seem to fit you," Hongyue mused.

The herb seller paused, "Oh?"

Hongyue tapped her finger restlessly as she spoke, "This miss has to attend a banquet later, so let's both put away any pretense. You're not some lowly herb seller, nor are you weak. Seeing that you're here, you must have thought about my proposal, am I correct?"

The seller laughed, "Really not simple. That is correct."

Hongyue nodded, "This miss is the eldest miss of the Wei family."

The herb seller looked astonished but quickly replied, "This one is called Bingwen."

Bingwen, a master of arts. Truly fitting.

Hongyue paused, "Elder Bingwen, from the last time we met. Not only did I leave with a free herb, but I also left a vague proposal. You didn't even know my identity. May I ask why elder trusted my word enough to see me today?"

Bingwen furrowed his brows; he wasn't so sure himself. However, seeing how she carried herself along with her confidence, he thought she could be a hidden gem.

Seeing Bingwen having difficulty answering her question, Hongyue dismissed it, "Since Elder Bingwen held so much expectation for me, I naturally can't allow you to be disappointed."

As she spoke, she pulled out the level 10 plant she cultivated days before. Elder Bingwen's eyes grew huge. A grade 10?! He stared at her startled. Was this the same herb he so carelessly gave away?

"This miss has little to no ability in elemental magic. However, I do have this small gift with herbs," Hongyue continued.

Elder Bingwen's throat trembled as he tried to speak. Small?! In what way was it small? She indeed was a gem. No wonder he heard stories that general loved to dote on this daughter even though she was useless. No. Not useless, he corrected himself. She was extremely valuable. However, why has he heard anything about this? His eyes looked back at her with suspicion.

Seeing his changing expressions, Hongyue sighed. At her sigh, Elder Bingwen turned his attention back to her.

"Don't let your thoughts drift too far. This collaboration is just between us. It doesn't include my father," Hongyue put forth.

Seeing that she was drawing a line so directly, Elder Bingwen felt like something was being shrouded. But she was right; he shouldn't worry all that much about everything else. He nodded eagerly, his right hand stroking his beard. Hongyue smiled like a sly fox and twirled the herb between her fingers, her eyes clouding as she mused.

"Then I request this Elder lead the way to somewhere quiet to chat more in detail," Hongyue smiled.

Elder Bingwen agreed and led her to a pharmacy store further down the market. They entered the back of the store where a stone table and chairs were set up. A jade teapot sat in the center along with two jade teacups. Hongyue hid a sly smirk. It looks like she calculated correctly. This Elder was in control of an information organization.

Having sufficient wealth, yet acting like he was a lowly merchant; he was probably keeping alert for something. Hongyue took a seat and glanced at the setup tea set. This elder must have been waiting for her.

"Elder Bingwen must have been waiting for me to have prepared such a welcome exhibit," Hongyue remarked.

Elder Bingwen coughed dryly at her comment, but soon his eyes turned serious.

A more toned down chapter but that means it'll get chaotic again. (*≧▽≦)

41