A Breath Of Fresh Air
1.4k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as the words left her lips, Hongyue could feel her neck being tightly gripped with rough ironlike fingers. Hongyue merely smiled and peered up at the head eunuch, her eyes gleaming. Her hands remained still while stroking the black snake, and her gaze contained not one drop of fear. The attacker seemed disturbed by her lack of response but soon drew out a dagger. The blade of the knife was short but remarkably sharp with unfamiliar writing on the side of the edge, catching Hongyue's attention.

Pressing the blade against her pale neck, the head eunuch cautioned her, "Do as I say, or die!"

Sighing, Hongyue lifted her right hand from the snake, and with a snap of her wrist, the dagger was within the tips of her fingers.

"Do as you say? This miss is stupid. Whatever do you mean?" Hongyue gazed at the dagger in her hands, and with a quick swing of the weapon, the hands that held her neck went limp. A spray of blood spattered her face while the head eunuch roared out from the excruciating pain. Hongyue let out a cruel smile and kicked the man squarely in the chest. From the unexpected force, the head eunuch was driven out of the carriage and flung into a tree.

The dust on the ground blew out around his body, and a powerful snapping sounds could be heard from the impact. The head eunuch's head went limp, and two dark trails of blood could be seen flowing the cut veins from his hands.

With a cold voice, Hongyue calmly called out within the carriage, "Is that all? Then this miss will take her leave."

A subtle vibration of an incoming airborne arrow could be heard heading toward the eldest miss. Hongyue narrowed her eyes and tilted back while she swung the dagger. The blade of the knife speedily diverted the arrow, and the weapon rerouted itself to the front of the carriage. The arrow stuck deeply into the curtain, and a loud thump could be heard as a body dropped dead outside behind the curtain. A splash of red could be seen from the outside of the fabric, staining it red.

Hongyue's left eyes gradually started to shift into a purple as her sneer widened. With an agile twist of her wrist, the black metal bracelet on her arm collapsed into a whip. With a powerful lash to the right, the metal whip turned fiercely around her body before it slammed vigorously against the inner surfaces of the carriage.

The wooden walls shattered from the intense might, and with another whip from Hongyue's skilled hand, the entire top half of the carriage was blown apart entirely.

Tilting her head, Hongyue was met with a crowd of bloodthirsty eyes fixated on her. The girl didn't seem to be surprised with her body firmly planted on the leftover carriage seat. Her legs were crossed, and in her lap, a sleek black snake was just waking. Its dull white eyes stared unblinkingly at the hand that rested on its body. In her own hand, there was a black whip slightly covered in blood. A familiar dagger could be seen with its blade buried within the wooden seat of the carriage next to her side.

"Oh? What's this? This miss merely wanted some fresh air, but it seems like today wasn't the day to do so, was it?" Hongyue's voice emerged powerfully throughout the air, her eyes shone brightly.

A stampede of agile feet heading her direction immediately acknowledged her question. With a sharp kick to the wooden seat of the carriage, Hongyue propelled herself into the air. In the air, Hongyue glanced downward at her attackers, noting a tiny marking just behind each of their left ears.

Detecting another flying arrow at her, she twisted her body mid-air. With the spin of her body, the whip came back to its source, snaking around her body. The arrow scraped against the moving metal defense and veered back to the archer. With another twist to the opposite direction, the coiled whip slackened and whirled outwards and lashed out toward her assassins.

The spiraling force from her weaponry caused the whole front line of assassins to be shoved behind. With a flip of her finger, Hongyue rapped the whip, and the interior creases of the whip flipped exposed, revealing a row of razor-sharp jagged alloy. Thrusting her hand forward, the whip was driven into their bodies. Hongyue wielded the handle to the right, and the whip sliced across the wall of human flesh. The grass was immediately drenched in the blood of the fallen.

However, despite the bloody show, none of the surviving attackers appeared the want to retreat.

Strange.

Landing safely on the ground, Hongyue stood still, and her actions oddly calm. To her attackers, it resembled like the eldest miss was exhausted, and they took the opportunity to advance forward.

Nonetheless, as soon as their feet touched the blood of their fallen comrades, all the assailants found they could not move forward an inch. To their horror, the thick red liquid began to snake up their legs, and shouts of agony instantly permeated the air.

29