Chapter 48: A hard request
622 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It´s now been a few days since the party.

The forge was already built, thanks to the help of Laki, and could begin with his work.

And I didn´t surprise anyone that the first request came from Erza, who made it the second that she met Vulcan at the party.

Vulcan had almost spit out the drink he was drinking, when he first met her, because of the sudden request and because she was the spitting image of Irene.

And he agreed with Zeldaris and Aversia that she was related to Irene in some way, with the most likely being that she was Irene´s daughter.

Erza´s requests were rather normal, like repairing her armors and weapons, looking at ways to improve them and creating new weapons and armors for her.

She had a few ideas for new weapons and armors, like some new Empress armor sets.

But she also talked with him about the abilities of her armors to better understand their capabilities and create new abilities with them.

Erza was also a user of sword magic, a magic which uses swords to use magical attacks.

Erza combines the abilities of her weapons and armors to create new spells.

For example, she used the ability of the Heaven´s Wheel Armor to summon multiple swords and control them to create the spells Blumenblatt and Circle Sword.

Although, Vulcan could implement the same spells into the swords themselves, but that would leave only little room for other enchantments, which is why it is extremely unpopular to enchant spells and moves into the weapons and armors themselves and just let the mages develop them themselves.

The two came up with a few new armors sets but it would take to gather the needed materials for it.

But Erza would make soon the weirdest request ever.

 

“YOU WHANT WHAT?”, yelled Aversia through the guild and everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at the table where she, Zeldaris, Vulcan, Ophiuchus, Mirajane, Elfman, Lisanna, Natsu, Happy and Erza were sitting.

Zeldaris and Aversia had started to help Vulcan at the forge when they had time, although Zeldaris didn´t help at the forge as much as Aversia and helped more out at the bar or the kitchen of the guild.

As for why Aversia yelled so loud, was because Erza made an extremely weird request for an armor.

The request was to make an armor for the Fantasia Parade, so far everything was good, but the problem was she requested that the armor had four additional arms, which were supposed to be able to move freely and independently like normal arms.

This was a crazy request and Aversia and Zeldaris would normally never accept something like this, but luckily or unluckily, depending on how you look at it, Vulcan saw this as a challenge and accepted it without a second though and decided to start planning the design and how he would make it work immediately.

The two half dragons could only sigh in defeat and resigned themselves for their fate, but gave Erza a few stares, but she didn´t get the meaning of them.

Not long after that were both summoned to Makarov´s office.

Of course, none of them understood why they were summoned and were surprised that in the office was someone else with the guild master in the office.

At first, they thought that Makarov made him help him sort through all the complains, bills and similar letters.

Fairy Tail was famous for being troublemakers and that they would cause a lot of collateral damage on their jobs, this was especially true for Natsu, Erza and the old Mirajane, but mostly Natsu.

To the point that there was a literal mountain on top of the desk, Makarov wasn´t even able to see anything when he sits at the desk.

Which is why he started to ask some members to help him with these, but never Natsu, because he would not be a help at all.

After all the context of these letters were never friendly and there was always the danger that Natsu would flip out and burn them.

But no, the other person in the office was not there to help Makarov with the complaints but was part of why they were summoned in the first place.

His name was Mest Gryder and was around Natsu´s age.

Mest was a lean-built man of average height with short, almost shaved black hair, with a slightly outlined widow's peak, and completed with mildly long sideburns.

He had large, bright emerald turquoise eyes, and thin eyebrows.

The left side of his face was covered by three distinctive scars: the shortest one that points diagonally upwards in his left eye's direction, and "connected" by the longest scar, diagonally in the other way, to the similarly oriented one which goes up to his forehead.

Such scars harmlessly covered Mest's left eyebrow and part of his hair, passing over them.

Hanging from Mest's left ear was a simple earring, with an elongated pendant attached to it.

 He wore a purple t-shirt over a grey, long sleeved shirt and wore black pants with plain shoos.

The two half dragons only talked with him a few times and didn´t really had a connection with him.

“The reason that I summoned you two here today is because of a mission that I gave Mest.”, said Makarov to get their attention.

He was standing before the desk, well he couldn´t sit behind it since he wouldn´t be able to see anything besides the mountain of complaints and bills on the desk.

“And how are we supposed to help gramps?”, asked Zeldaris, he felt like that something was weird.

“It´s not that you should help him on the mission. His mission is not a normal one and he made a few requests for it.”

The weird feeling became stronger.

“I asked Mest to infiltrate the council and work as a spy for me and to bring me all information on the wester continent, as well as information concerning our guild and the Phantom Lord guild.”

“What?! Why?!”, yelled both at the same time, their questions were only increasing.

The western continent, the dragons of that continent used to belong to the faction that wanted to kill and eat all humans and started a war with the dragons of Ishgar.

They could guess that something there was a threat to the guild.

Why, why was it that continent again?

Makarov thought for a moment before sighing and said, “Fine, I will tell you, but you have to promise me that you will never tell anyone without my permission about it. Do you understand?”

Both nodded.

“The western continent of Alakatisia used to have a lot of different kingdoms and empires but one day was the whole continent being united under the Alvarez Empire. The empire and the countries of Ishgar had a normal relationship with one another, but around two years ago, a few of the guardians of the empire, the so called Spriggan 12, attempted to wage war on the counties of Ishgar. The reason for all of it was to get the most sacred artifact of our guild. In the end, they were stopped by the council, who threatened them with their most powerful weapons.

There are not a lot of people, beside the council and the leaders of the countries, who know of this. The only reason why I know of it is because an old friend told me about it. After the attempt, came an apology from the emperor of the empire himself, but the relationship between the empire and Ishgar became tense. Not too long ago cut the empire and the countries of Ishgar all diplomatic relationship.

Also, the resent movements and decisions of the council and our current problem with Phantom Lord worry me as well.”

If what he said is right then it would mean that a whole continent was against their guild, against their family, again.

This whole situation with the western continent reminded them to much of the situation of 400 years ago.

Back then they were too young and too weak to help in any way or form, would it repeat again.

“The council does not like us, although we have a few friends there, they won´t be able to help us too much. Although they are arrogant and prideful, they are not stupid and aren´t corrupt. If we don´t give them a good reason for disbanding us than we will be fine, but Jose is another thing. He is petty and hates our guild from the core of his being. The only reason that he hasn´t attacked us openly yet is because he fears the reaction of the council and looks for a pretense to attack us. And his recent behavior of him and his guild is not a good sign. If it comes to a fight, then Fairy Tail will fight back without any fear and hesitation and we will win, but it would also mean that many people would be hurt and the chance of death in the battlefield is not low.

Which is why I asked Mest to infiltrate the council. But he decided that he would use his memory magic to erase his own memories and the memories of the other members, naturally only about him being part of the guild.”

“Are you crazy, Mest?”, yelled both Aversia and Zeldaris at the same time.

Mest on the other hand just shrugged and said,” If I have to do it right and professional than this needs to be done, besides, it was my idea in the first place.”.

“You are willingly giving yourself amnesia on purpose to go on a mission that can take a literal decade and cutting yourself off your friends and family, by also erasing all memories of yourself from them and even risking the chance of having to fight them at one point or another. Have your thought that threw Mest”, asked Aversia, she and Zeldaris were definitely not happy with this situation.

“I have and I will do what ever is necessary, no matter what.”, said Mest without any hesitation and with confidence.

“Fine, do whatever you want. We don´t care, but we will not show mercy if you and the council become our enemy, then we will show no mercy.”, said Zeldaris, reminding himself that there a lot of stubborn members in the guild.

“You don´t have say anything more, gramps. I can already guess what you wanted to ask was. We will say nothing, but we really do not like this at all.”, said Aversia, she and Zeldaris became more and more angry, scales started to appear on their bodies, and both started to release their magic power, and both left the room.

Mest´s face went pale and started to shiver.

Makarov on the other hand didn´t even react to it in the slightest and just turned around.

“I know that the council had given us a hard time and that many believe that Ishgar would be better without it, even I think that sometimes. But in the end, it is a necessary force that brings order in more things then just the world of magic, for example the slave trade had successfully been suppressed by the council.”, said Makarov, while Aversia and Zeldaris left the room.

The two half dragons only for a short moment before they continued.

He clearly knew what he was asking of Mest, although he would never ask him to erase his own memories and those of the other members, but it was truly Mest´s own wish to do it.

Makarov could also understand the frustration and anger that Zeldaris and Aversia felt, since he felt it as well.

But it was the only option that he had to get the information that he needed.

Because if his suspicion was true then they had to fight one day a continent that was stronger than Ishgar alone.

One day they would try again and try to get the most holy artifact of the guild, which was also the light that guided it.

And when they would finally come than Fairy Tail would be ready to take them on, but right now he had to take care of Phantom Lord and his foolish son Ivan, who he suspects was behind Laxus resent behavior.

A loud explosion rang out, together with two loud roars.

Makarov didn´t even need to guess who the cause was, it clearly was Zeldaris and Aversia who were letting out their anger and frustration.

The pressure that the two released was pouring down on everyone in the guild and there were only a few that could withstand it.

(Natsu really is tame compared to them.), thought Makarov.

Hello there, thank you very much and i hope you enjoyed it.

This may not seem really dark, but in my opinion it is somewhat dark, if you really think about it.

I will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

19