Chapter 54: Lullaby
568 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Master!” “Gramps!”

Natsu and the others run toward their master after Kage surrendered.

“Whua? What are you guys doing here?”, exclaimed Makarov in surprise, he had not noticed that Natsu and the others at all.

“You are amazing!!! Your words were truly moving!!!”, said Erza while hugging Makarov with full force, smashing his head right into her armor.

After Erza let go off Makarov, Natsu started to pat Makarov.

“That was amazing, Gramps!”

“Stop patting me if you really think so.”

“You really are amazing, Gramps.”, said Zeldaris.

He and Aversia appeared out of nowhere, scaring the hell out of Lucy, Happy, Gray, Kage and especially Natsu, because Natsu was not able to pick up their smell at all.

Only Erza was not surprised, she knew that Aversia and Zeldaris would be not far away.

The two half dragons were indeed hiding not too far away and were ready to attack Kage at any moment.

Because all of this was a setup, they notified Makarov and the other guild masters about Kage and wanted to take care of him initially, but Makarov stopped the two and told them to let him get to the mansion.

The other guild masters and the two half dragons were against it and tried to persuade him, but to no avail.

Makarov told them that he wanted to persuade him, but if he failed then he would allow Zeldaris and Aversia to deal with him.

Which is why Kage was able to come close to the mansion in the first place, otherwise Kage would have been killed by Zeldaris and Aversia before even reaching the town.

Zeldaris and Aversia were also moved by the words of their guild master and their respect for him grew even more.

But what none of them noticed was that the three eyes of the flute began to glow and black smoke began to pour out of them.

Hahaha! I grow tired of all you cowardly mages!”, spoke the flute, its voice was distorted and sounded like two people were talking at the same time.

All of them were shocked when they heard the voice and noticed the black smoke and could only watch in stunned silence as the smoke transformed into a giant monster.

It was a wooden giant, it had a humanoid figure, like the flute it had three eyes.

The giant monster was like a moving mountain.

The guild masters that were still inside the mansion quickly run outside the building.

I can no longer hold back! I shall eat you myself!”

“It´s too big.”, said Lucy.

“That´s your complaint!”, retorted Happy back.

“Wh-What is that?! I did not know anything about this!”, said Kage.

“Well, this is bad”, said Master Bob.

“This is a demon from the book of Zeref.”, said Goldmine.

All of them had a grim expression, none of them would have expected that such a monster from the past would appear.

“So, this is Lullaby’s true form, hm?”, said Zeldaris.

“Wait, this giant monster is the flute itself?”, asked Lucy, she and Kage were not able to understand the situation at all.

“It´s living magic, in other words. Zeref´s magic.”, continued Goldmine.

Lucy, Kage, Natsu, Gray and Erza were shocked when they heard that name, because there was only one mage called Zeref.

“The black mage Zeref was the most atrocious mage in the history of magic. I never imagined that this adverse legacy from several hundred years ago would appear now.”, said Zeref.

The giant demon Lullaby leaned forward and looked at all the mages that were standing before it.

I am starving to death. So, whose soul should I eat first? I have decided. All of yours.”

Natsu, being Natsu asked Gray if souls were tasty, only to be punched by Aversia.

“This is not the time to fool around!”

Lullaby leaned back up and started to prepare it´s magic.

Erza, Gray and Natsu wanted to charge at it, but Zeldaris and Aversia were faster.

[Chaos Dragon´s Crushing Fang]

[Chaos Dragon´s Claw]

Their attacks hit the giant demon and made it stagger a few steps back.

“Let us handle that thing. You guys had your fun already. Now it is our turn.”, said Aversia to Erza, Gray and Natsu.

Erza and Gray were hesitating at first but decided to leave it to the two, Natsu on the other hand wanted to fight as well and Erza and Gray had to held him back.

Makarov was grinning from ear to ear, now that those two would take care of the demon.

“Lucy, we have to get away from here.”, said Happy nervously.

“Are you sure? I mean, can they really take care of this?”, asked Lucy back, she had heard that the two were extremely strong, but she just couldn´t completely believe it.

Happy didn´t talk back and just picked Lucy up and flew with her toward the group of guild masters.

And his decision was right because, Zeldaris and Aversia turned back into their true form and would fight with all their might.

Even Natsu stopped trying to fight as well and the three of them run toward the others.

Zeldaris and Aversia continuously attacked the demon, restricting its options and movements.

But the demon reached the end of its patience soon enough and decided to endure the hits while using its curse.

Lullaby formed a massive magic circle above it and started to absorb the life energy of the surrounding plants.

“As if I would let you. [Hunting Dragon]”, yelled Zeldaris.

The snake like fire dragon that appeared was multiple times bigger than the one that hunted Natsu and Happy.

It´s form was far sharper and more detailed than before.

The fire dragon bit into Lullaby´s neck and begun to drag the demon with it, Zeldaris followed right behind it.

Lullaby tried desperately to free itself, but was unable to, pain run through its body as the parts that touched the dragon made out of fire and its neck burned and even started to turn into ash.

The fire dragon flew toward Aversia.

[Chaos Dragon´s Roar]

Aversia used her breath the second the demon was close enough to receive the full force of the breath attack.

Right behind the demon Zeldaris used his breath attack as well.

The two breaths burned and grinded the demon between them until only the ashes of the demon remained.

However, there was a problem, the breaths were still clashing against each other and could spread to the surrounding area.

Which is why they started to consume the flames of the other, not knowing that there was something inside the flames.

This was the curse power of the demon which the flames of chaos extracted from the demon.

Zeldaris and Aversia, unknowingly, consumed the curse power with the magic, normally would the magic power and the curse power clash against each other, since they are opposite sides, but the curse power was absorbed by the magic of Zeldaris and Aversia.

Zeldaris and Aversia looked at the ashen remains of the demon, but surprisingly found the flute sticking out of the ashes.

Curious, they picked it up, but didn´t feel anything out of the ordinary.

Lullaby had turned into an ordinary flute, or so it seemed.

Not taking any chances they decided to use runes to temporarily seal it away, before giving it to the council.

As for the others, they had watched the fight and almost all of them were completely shocked, most notably Lucy, Kage and the other escorts.

To be fair, none of them would have ever imagined that those two would have been such monsters.

While Natsu, Erza, Gray and Makarov were smiling from ear to ear at the victory of their friends.

When the Zeldaris and Aversia came back, back in their human form, were they welcomed by their fellow guild members and Makarov.

Goldmine and Master Bob were looking at this scene with a bit nostalgic look.

Not long after the battle arrived the forces of the council and Zeldaris handed the flute over to them.

The council arrested Kage and would treat his wounds, before sending him to prison with the other members of Eisenwlad, unfortunately Erigor managed to escape.

Because of the appearance of Lullaby, would the meeting not be continued, and everyone would go back to their respected guild the next morning.

The managers of the meeting hall offered a room each for Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Erza, which the four gladly accepted.

Hello there, thank you for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

A short chapter today, because it felt right to finish it there.

Zeldaris and Aversia fighting against the demon Luallaby and aboslutley destryed it.

To be fair, Lullaby was half starved to death and was weakened because of it, otherwise it would have been a hard fight for our two half dragons.

Namly because Lullaby uses curses and not magic and curses can affect Zeldaris and Aversia.

Also i bought Spongebob battle for bikini bottom rehydrated recently and man was it a nostalgig tryp for me.

The original game was one of the first games i had and is to this day one of my favorit games for the PS2 and in generall.

Anyway, i will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

21