Chapter 71: Unexpected Situations
472 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lucy answered all the questions that the four were asking them and apologized for leaving without saying anything, Zeldaris and Aversia could finally ask their question.

“Do you know someone called Anna?” asked Zeldaris.

It was not only Lucy that was surprised by that question, but also Natsu.

“You know Aunt Anna?” asked Lucy.

“Yes, she was ours and Natsu´s teacher back in the village.” answered Aversia, with a smile.

“WHAAAAAAAT?!” yelled Natsu, in confusion.

“So, you finally caught up.” said Zeldaris, before shutting Natsu up by punching him in the head.

“Aunt Anna first came to our home seven years ago, but she didn´t stay for long and shortly before my mother´s death she left, and I never heard from her again. I hoped that I would be able to find her one day.”

Zeldaris and Aversia sighed, this only opened more questions for them, but it was something.

“Did she taught you anything about being a mage?” asked Natsu, which earned him the glares from Erza, Gray, Zeldaris and Aversia.

Lucy on the other hand scratched her head in embarrassment before answering,” She did. Aunt Anna taught me a few things about what it means to be a Celestial mage and also a few techniques, but I am still too weak to use them.”

“You don´t have to worry about getting stronger quickly, everyone has their own way and speed in which they become stronger. Besides, you are still new to the whole mage thing.” assured Erza.

“Thanks guys, but I think we should hurry up and go back to Magnolia. I don´t want to stay here longer than necessary.” said Lucy and everyone nodded with a smile.

But Zeldaris and Aversia walked toward the grave of Leila and prayed for a minute.

The two half dragons thanked Leila again for what she had done for them by opening the Eclipse gate and ensured her that they would look after Lucy.

“Did you know my mother?” asked Lucy the moment the two half dragons finished their prayer.

“We did. Although we only met her once. It was the day that Anna decided to go with your mother.” said Aversia.

“We owe your mother a debt that we will never be able to pay back, but we can`t tell you more about this, the time is not right. But be sure, when the time is right, we will tell you everything.” added Zeldaris.

Lucy knew that she would not be able to get more out of the two and simply nodded, before walking with the others toward the train station.

“I got to say, I feel pretty dump that we just to conclusion like that.” said Gray, his upper body was naked.

“Don´t worry about it. Also, where is your shirt?” answered Lucy.

“Don´t even bother Lucy. But I got to say, this is a lovely town.” said Erza.

“Well, this is only our garden. My family owns all of the land up to these mountains.” said Lucy and pointed toward two mountains that were a few kilometers away from the villa.

Erza, Natsu and Gray were not able to process all of that and just stood there with their mouths open in shock.

When their brains finally processed all of that, Gray and Natsu suddenly saluted and said in unison, “Your highness! It is an honor to know someone so humble.”

“NATSU AND GRAY ARE DOWN FOR THE COUNT! CAPTAIN ERZA YOUR ORDERS PLEASE!” yelled Happy toward Erza.

Erza on the other hand just stared into the sky and said,” The sky… is blue…”

“WE HAVE LOST CAPTAIN ERZA TOO!!!” yelled Happy.

Zeldaris and Aversia on the other hand were laughing hard at the reaction of the three, Lucy on the other hand just laughed awkwardly.

 

The next day in Magnolia, everyone from the guild were working hard to rebuild their guild hall.

The plans for the new building had been made by Makarov himself and the second Vulcan had seen them, he was about to hire someone professional.

Because the plans looked like they had been made by a child. (AN: In the anime, it was Mirajane who made those, while in the manga it was Makarov himself. Personally, Makarov makes more sense.)

But in the end, they decided to build as they wanted.

Vulcan was making nails and other things out of Gajeel´s iron, that they would need.

The rest of the materials that would be needed to rebuild the building had been bought from the merchant guild in Magnolia.

Most members were using their abilities to help in the work, Makarov was using his giant magic to transform into a giant was so able to easily manage the wooden beams.

Lisanna, Zeldaris and Aversia would use their ability to fly, to hold beams in the air.

Natsu and Gray were carrying multiple beams, there was not much else they could do.

But somehow, it became a competition between the two, but Erza stopped the two.

 

Wakaba and Macao thought that Laki with her wood maker magic would be an immense help, but every time she created something it was something weird, like a giant statue of a naked man.

Mirajane and Ophiuchus were helping by preparing refreshments for everyone.

Ophiuchus had been summoned shortly after Zeldaris and Aversia returned back from the Heartfilia estate, Aversia didn´t summon her sooner because she didn´t really had the opportunity and because she and Zeldaris were not sure how much time Ophiuchus would need to recover from the battle.

The second she appeared, she jumped crying into Aversia`s chest and begged her to not throw her away and that she was sorry that she failed.

This surprised and shocked the two half dragons and they needed half an hour to convince Ophiuchus that she didn´t really failed, that they would not throw her away or anything else.

After they calmed Ophiuchus down, they asked her, why she would think that they were going to throw her away, only for Ophiuchus to tell them that many people had thrown her away if she failed or was not up to their expectations, although it was mostly the mage’s fault for being too weak.

The next day the two asked everyone for their opinion, if Ophiuchus had been useless in the fight, and everyone agreed that she was a major help.

Ophiuchus brought everyone enough time to stop the spell.

With this overwhelming positive support from everyone made Ophiuchus extremely happy.

Back to the present, Mirajane and Ophiuchus had just prepared a snack for everyone and were now bringing it to everyone.

However, Zeldaris and Aversia had noticed that someone was hiding on the construction site, but they were not sure who it was, because every time they thought that they caught them they found a puddle of water and that always around Gray.

 

But after seeing a woman in blue clothes running past Gray and giving him a bento box, it was easy to find the woman and it was surprisingly Juvia from Phantom Lord.

“H… Hello.” said Juvia weekly, scared by the two half dragons.

Zeldaris and Aversia were not really mad at Juvia and didn´t plan to do anything with her, they were simply curious why she was stalking Gray and gave him a self-made bento box.

“I just wanted to express my love to my darling Gray.” said Juvia, after Aversia and Zeldaris explained to Juvia that they won´t hurt her.

“Oh.” said both of them at the same time.

Juvia had fallen madly in love with Gray.

Aversia asked Juvia since when she had fallen in love with Gray and Juvia answered that it was their fate full encounter on the giant robot.

Juvia started to ramble about her love for Gray and it soon began to go overboard, but Aversia soon stopped her.

Both of them had nothing against Juvia, it was true that she tried to kidnap Lucy, but that was by the order of Jose and Vulcan had stopped her and Sol.

It was also true that Juvia had been harshly punished by Jose for her failure, something that Gray had noticed in their fight and told everyone in the guild.

And it seemed that Juvia regretted her actions, mostly because of her newfound love for Gray.

“Why don´t you join the guild?” asked Zeldaris.

Juvia was startled for a moment before looking down, “Can I even join? I mean after everything I did!? Won´t they hate me?”

“People make mistakes and I believe that they will come to love you for who you are and not for the person that you were. Besides, you did not do much in the first place and to be honest I believe that Gray will lay in a good word or two.” said Zeldaris.

Juvia smiled, but in the end, she declined and said that she will join the guild in the future, but that not right now.

In her mind, she was not worthy yet and Zeldaris and Aversia would not force her.

The two said their goodbyes to Juvia and walked back to the others, but after they walked a bit, they stopped.

“What are your opinions?” said Aversia, seemingly to no one.

“Hmm, her heart is at the right place and all I see is someone that needs help.” said Makarov.

“She truly seems to regret her actions.” said Erza.

“If you ask me, she will make a wonderful member for Fairy Tail.” said Mirajane.

Of course, Zeldaris and Aversia were not the only ones that noticed Juvia, but after they noticed that she had no ill intentions, they ignored her.

However, after Zeldaris and Aversia started to talk with her they became curious and listened to their conversation.

“This guild has always been a home for those that are lost and that feel like outcasts, but they need to make that decision by themselves. Until Juvia thinks that she is ready to join the guild, we will wait for her and when the day comes, the doors of the guild will be wide open for her.” said Makarov while walking back to the others, so that he can continue his work.

Mirajane, Erza, Zeldaris and Aversia simply walking behind their master, a smile on their face and filled with new élan.

The next day everyone was filled with vigor because the bar and the request board had been reopened.

And almost everyone rushed to get on a job request, even Reedus and Nab, the latter was never able to decide on which job to take.

There were of course exceptions, one of which was Lucy, who sat on one of the barrels, which served as a chair at the bar counter, had her head on the counter and was holding her butt, which was pulsating with pain.

Loki had appeared yesterday out of nowhere and had returned Lucy´s keys, which she had lost after Gajeel kidnapped her at the hideout.

Lucy then had apologized to all of her spirits that she had dropped their key, which all of them were ok with since it was not really her fault.

But there was one exception and that was Aquarius, who in turn spanked the living shit out of Lucy.

And after hearing all of that Mirajane brought something cold for Lucy too cool her butt.

Meanwhile Gray, offered his help, while Happy and Natsu were screwing around.

But the world had something against them today because both of them were hit by a flying table, which sent flying by an enraged Erza.

“SAY THAT AGAIN, I DARE YOU!!!” yelled Erza.

The person that she was yelling at was none other than Laxus, who showed up out of nowhere and nobody was happy about that.

“Hahaha. Then I will say it more clearly again. This guild does not need weak bastards.”

“Bastard!!!” said Erza, her face was filled with anger and many people were scared by that, but not Laxus.

“To be looked down and having so much trouble with a guild like Phantom Lord, how embarrassing. I would not have the courage to look anyone in the face.” said Laxus while Laughing.

“You say all of that, but Phantom Lord had been regarded as the strongest guild in the kingdom for a long time.” said Zeldaris, who just arrived at the scene with Aversia.

“And what about it?! Even if they say that Phantom Lord was the strongest in the kingdom, Fairy Tail is much stronger than that. Or at least it was supposed to be.”

Laxus looked at Levi, Jet and Droy before saying, “Aren´t you the guys that had been beaten by Gajeel the iron dragon to the point of hospitalization? What were your names again? Ah, right, you are disgraces for Fairy Tail.”

“THAT’S ENOUGH LAXUS!” yelled Aversia, but Laxus didn´t stop.

“And you, aren´t you the princess that started the whole mess in the first place?” he said while pointing at Lucy.

Lucy wanted to say something, but Mirajane slammed her hand onto the bar counter and yelled,” LUXUS!!!”

“Master had said that Lucy was not to be blamed for this and even without him saying that you are the only one that is blaming her. Also, you and your group had not participated in the war, you only fought against a small group by sheer coincided. So, you have no right to berate everyone.” said Mirajane, who also was getting angry.

“Of course, it doesn’t have anything to do with me… But if I were there, I would not have been horrible beaten up.”

After saying this, Erza, Mirajane, Zeldaris and Aversia had looks on their faces that could kill.

“LAXUS, YOU BASTARD!!! FACE ME!!!” yelled Natsu as he rushed toward Laxus, his fist ablaze.

But Laxus dodged easily by transforming into lightning and moving at high speed.

“LAXUS, DUEL WITH ME!!! YOU UNFEELING, UNREASONABLE BASTARD!!!” yelled Natsu.

“Bahahaha. You can´t even catch me, and you still think about dueling me?! If I succeed the guild, I will erase all of the weak shits in it!!! Including everyone that is opposing me!!! And especially you two, Zeldaris, Aversia!!!” yelled Laxus, insanity visible in his eyes.

Grey flames erupted from Zeldaris and Aversia and formed into flaming dragons, ready to kill Laxus.

“Then come and face us, asshole!” said Aversia in a voice filled with killing intent, her horns were already growing out of her head.

“Let us show you just how weak we are.” said Zeldaris, his claws ready to slice Laxus into pieces.

“Oh, then come!” yelled Laxus as lightning started to coil around his body.

“THAT`S ENOUGH!” yelled Makarov, stopping the three before they could even begin.

Laxus clicked his tongue and walked away.

“The old man saved you this time but mark my words, he will not be able to save you forever and when I take over the guild, I will create the strongest guild in the world and in history!” said Laxus while laughing.

Zeldaris and Aversia wanted to yell something back, but Makarov stopped the two.

“Why are you doing this, gramps? He has gone too far, and he needs a little lesson in humility.” said Aversia.

“I agree, but this is not the right place.”

“That ass only shows himself when it is not good for us, talk about annoying.” said Zeldaris.

Zeldaris and Aversia walked toward the bar to calm themselves down with a few drinks.

“What nonsense is Laxus talking about. Succeeding the guild.” said Lucy after sitting back on her seat.

“It isn´t really nonsense.” Mirajane said while saying.

“You see, Laxus is actually gramps real grandson.” said Zeldaris.

“HUHHH?!” exclaimed Lucy in shock and surprise.

“Which means that Laxus has a good chance of succeeding the guild after master retires.” said Mirajane, she herself was not happy about it.

“I don´t like the thought that someone that treats his comrades like that will succeed the guild.”

“Believe me, you are not the only one, the only people who would agree to that would be the Thunder Legion.” said Aversia.

“Which is why there is a rumor that the master can´t retire because of that.” said Mirajane.

“Is he waiting for Laxus to mature?” asked Lucy, not being able to see Laxus mature anytime soon.

“There is also the rumor that he is waiting for Erza to mature.” said Zeldaris.

“Either way, it is only a rumor, and the master did not mention anything about retiring and his successor.” said Mirajane while shrugging her shoulders.

On the other hand, Natsu was still angry, so Erza decided to sheer him up.

“How about we take a job.” asked Erza, surprising not only Natsu, but also the surrounding people.

“Of course, Gray and Lucy should come too.” Erza said surprising the two.

Erza looked at Zeldaris and Aversia, but the two declined saying that with Happy, they would be seven people and that was by far too many people for a team.

Erza sighed but agreed.

The reason for this, was because ever since the Lullaby incident the four of them had been gathered together and were now like a team.

The other members that heard this were excited because it would mean that they would become one of the strongest teams in the guild.

The request they took was taking out an illegal mage school.

 

Late at the evening Makarov and Vulcan were drinking on top of the framework of the new building and looking at the night sky.

The two had become drinking friends and would sometimes drink together.

They were discussing about a possible successor of the guild, Makarov thought that maybe with a new building a new master would be needed.

However, his opinion was still the same as his talk with Yajima.

“What about you, Vulcan?” asked Makarov.

Vulcan had joined him, because Zeldaris and Aversia were eating at a restaurant with the Strauss siblings and he didn´t wanted to bother them.

And because he wanted to help Makarov with his dilemma.

“I agree with you, although I can´t say much about Gildarts, since I didn´t met him yet. Zeldaris and Aversia would not be a promising idea too, they are still too young, and it would only tie them down.”

Both continued their thoughts but were soon interrupted by Mirajane.

Zeldaris, Aversia, Elfman and Lisanna stood behind Mirajane.

“Master! So, you were hiding here. Seems like something happened again.” Mirajane said with a smile and with a stack of papers in her hand.

“It seems that Erza and the others have destroyed half a stretch of road and damaged multiple houses severely doing their job. The council requests that we compensate.”

(AN: In the anime, it was half a city that Natsu and his gang destroyed, and in the manga, they only destroyed half a stretch of road. Personally, half a city is a bit overdoing it for just a school.)

Makarov shrieked in panic and his soul almost came out of his body.

“HOW CAN I RETIRE LIKE THAT…” Makarov yelled into the night sky.

Hello there and thank you very much for reading.

Happy Halloween, an extra long chapter for this spooky ocasion, which was totally planned and not just a coincidence because i didn´t want to end the chapter in the middle of a scene again. No, totally not.

Halloween is not really a big thing in Germany, and that goes double for rural places.

But nonetheless, i wish you all a spooky festival and i will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

14