Chapter 81: Jellal shows himself
349 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bit of an short chapter again, sorry!

 

Lucy, Juvia, Gray and Natsu got back to the first island after they had finished their fights.

Lucy and Natsu were completely out of magic power and were barley able to stand, let alone walk.

Juvia and Gray on the other hand were still mostly fine.

As for Shô and the others?

They hid inside Shô´s cards after realizing that none of them would be able to help in the fights and tried to avoid getting cut into pieces by Ikagura.

Now they were all sitting at the ground, trying to recover a bit, and were waiting for the big finally.

Except Aversia, who was interested in Ikagura´s sword and was currently inspecting it.

Truth be told, Zeldaris also had some interest in that sword, but he was worried about Natsu and was currently inspecting his body.

But he quickly found out that there was nothing wrong with Natsu, confusing Zeldaris even more, but he didn´t stop inspecting Natsu.

Natsu on the other hand was told Zeldaris that he was ok and that he should not worry so much.

Everyone else were happily laughing at sight of Natsu trying to get rid of Zeldaris.

This continued for around 15 minutes until Aversia came back with Ikagura´s sword in her hand and sparkles in her eyes.

“This sword is amazing. The way that it was forged is pure genius. It is a perfect combination of swiftness, sturdiness, and sharpness. Whoever made this is an expert blacksmith and I am sure that dad would love to inspect this sword as well. But most importantly, both Ikagura and the sword are able to send their attacks flying, meaning that the sword was a sort of enhancement in Ikagura´s abilities.”

Aversia continued to speak about the sword and it´s abilities, while Zeldaris was actively taking notes and everyone else was just awkwardly looking at Aversia.

But luckily for everyone Aversia had to stop her nonstop fan girling about the sword because a gigantic amount of magic power was gathering at the sky, to be more precise multiple kilometers a both the tower.

“Looks like the grand finally and the therapy session are about to start.” Aversia said while looking in the sky.

And right after Aversia said that a monstrous amount of magic power came flying from the sky toward the concentrated magic power at aboth the tower.

Zeldaris and Aversia palled when they felt this and quickly yelled, “GRAY! JUVIA! WALL NOW!!!”

Juvia and Gray were immediately alarmed and used their magic to create a giant ice wall and a wall made out of water.

Not convinced that those two layers would be enough, Zeldaris and Aversia created a dome made out of fire, which covered everyone.

Seconds later the monstrous magic power met with the one aboth the tower and became even stronger, before falling onto the tower, creating a gigantic shockwave.

As the shockwave hit the two walls and the dome, everyone braced themselves.

The water wall was instantly destroyed, while the ice wall was able to withstand the shockwave for a few seconds before falling into pieces.

As for the dome, it shocked strongly but held.

Zeldaris and Aversia waited a bit more before they put down the dome, the shockwave had put the sea into turmoil and gigantic waves were hitting the small islands and the dome.

After the sea had calmed down, Zeldaris and Aversia took down the look and what they saw made their jaws drop to the ground, not that everyone else was different.

The outer walls of the tower were crumbling away and revealed a massive larimar and it seemed that it had absorbed all of the magic power of the blast.

Natsu and the others were muttering things like ‘impossible’ and ‘it can´t be’ while Erza could stare in utter silence.

“Did he plan this all along. Is this how he planned to overcome the problem of the R-System.” was what Erza said after a short while.

As everyone heard what Erza said they turned around to look at her in confusion.

“I have studied the R-System ever since I came to Fairy Tail and I found out that the system a crucial flaw, it´s energy source. The R-System needs such a massive amount of magic power, that even the magic power of every mage in Ishgar would not be enough.”

“So, in other words, everything up to this point was according to his plan?” Zeldaris asked.

“Not quite, there were a few things that didn´t go as planned, but that is mostly on my part.” said a voice coming from behind the group.

As everyone looked behind, they saw a person standing in the middle of the island.

The person was none other than Siegrain, who for some reason was wearing a black coat.

“Hello there, although some of you already know who I am, let me introduce myself. I am Jellal and I am here to get Erza.” Jellal said while bowing his head.

Erza, Simon, and Miliana were radiating killing intent.

“Jellal!” Erza said through her gnashed teeth, but she was not able to do much more because she had not recovered enough to even run again.

Zeldaris and Aversia walked forward, putting themselves between Jellal and the others.

“So, tell us, what did go wrong?” Zeldaris asked, trying to buy some time, because there was something wrong with this guy, he had no magic power.

“Mostly the things related with you, I have misjudged and or underestimated you two way too often. For example, that you would just leave the tower, never came to my mind.”

“But even so, I don´t regret making it you two coming to the tower, after all I was interested to see what makes dragon slayers and half dragons so special.” said another Jellal that appeared out of thin air.

The second Jellal was Siegrain.

“So, you were working together with Jellal, Siegrain.” Erza said.

Zeldaris and Aversia on the other hand seemed as if they had figured something out and smiled.

“So that is how things are. I have to admit that you are quite the clever person, Jellal.” Aversia said while summoning her odachi.

“To think that you would create a projection of you and make it infiltrate the council while loosing all of your magic power yourself.” Zeldaris said while also summoning his weapon, the metal lance.

A surprised look appeared on both Jellal and Siegrain.

“Looks like you two have figured it out, but before we start fighting there are a few things that I need to say.” Jellal said while Siegrain overlapped with Siegrain and disappeared.

Jellal looked toward Simon and said, “Simon, my friend, you were able to hide your little plan for quite a long time. Truth be told I had no idea, but then again, I did not really care about what you and the others were doing, but none the less, well done. But in the end, all of it was pointless.”

“As for you Miliana, I thought that you would be the easiest to trick and control, but yet you were the second fastest to doubt me, that truly surprised me, and you have my respect for that.” Jellal said to Miliana, who was about to pounce on him and scratch his eyes out.

Jellal then turned toward Wally and Shô.

“Wally, Shô, you two were so easy to manipulate and make you completely loyal to me, especially you Shô, all it took was to turn your frustration and irritation into hatred toward everyone else. You two were my most loyal slaves, you two were ready to sacrifice Erza so easily. HAHAHAHA.”

Wally clutched his hands together, while Shô was driven over the edge and his mind broke down.

Jellal finally turned toward Erza, who at this point was no longer having any other thought then to kill that bastard.

“Erza, you did your part marvelously, you never told anyone about what happened. Although I have to timid that the first time that you saw me was quite dangerous. But what I really wanted to tell you is that I had expected for you to beat Ikagura and find your way to the top of the tower and would confront me there. I had even prepared a little act for you, where I would pretend that I was fighting against lord Zeref´s spirit and that I would kill myself and the spirit with the Etherion, but in the end I didn´t even need to use it. But now it is finally upon us, the resurrection of Lord Zeref and we will reform this rotten world.”

Erza clutched her hands end teeth so hard that she started to bleed, all the hopes that she still had for her old friend, for the person she had loved were gone.

“Zeldaris… Aversia… kill him.”

Zeldaris turned to look at Erza and sighed, he then looked at Aversia and said, “You stay out of it. If the two of us destroy him, then it will look to easy. I will handle this, Ave. Prepare the ship, I will need it to discard some ash.”

Aversia wanted to prostate at first, she was battle thirsty for a good fight and fighting against a saint was definitely a good fight, but she discarded that thought after seeing the rage that Zeldaris was holding back.

“Sure, have your little fun, but the next good fight is mine, you hear me!”

Zeldaris simply nodded and walked toward Jellal and as he did, he clad his hands with his fire gauntlets.

“Good, show me what a half dragon is made of.”

Zeldaris roared and rushed forward, no longer holding back his rage nor his blood thirst, he would kill Jellal and burn him into ashes.

Seeing the approaching half dragon, Jellal smiled and took of his cloak before he covered his body in light.

“Let´s see what you are made of. [Meteor]”

Jellal shoot into the air with high speed.

“*sigh* This shit again, this may have worked on Natsu, but you really think that…” Zeldaris was punched in the middle of the sentence by Jellal.

Jellal was flying much faster than Fukuro and in a way that made it even hard for Zeldaris to keep his eyes on him, but just with Natsu, Zeldaris was not only relying on his eyes.

Zeldaris concentrated and waited for Jellal´s attack.

Jellal didn´t let Zeldaris wait for long and tried to attack him from behind, but this time, Zeldaris turned around and caught Jellal with his claw that was clad in his fire gauntlet.

Zeldaris pumped his magic power into the gauntlet, making the flames go wild and smashed Jellal into the ground.

And as Jellal´s body was smashed into the ground the flames exploded creating a giant flame pillar that consumed both Jellal and Zeldaris.

Multiple fissures spread through the ground and flames emerged from them.

But Jellal managed to escape from Zeldaris´s grasp and flew out of the fire pillar and into the sky.

His clothes and skin were burned in multiple places, while his chest had some bleeding claw marks.

If Jellal hadn´t covered his body with his magic power and hadn´t used it to increase his physical abilities, then that attack would have killed him.

The pillar of fire slowly disappeared and revealed Zeldaris, who was looking at Jellal.

Zeldaris pointed his lance at Jellal and covered it with his grey flames.

“It is a shame that the first time that I actually use this spell is on some scum like you, but I stopped caring and I won´t hold back anymore. Rampage [Raging Dragon]”

Zeldaris span around with his spear and sent a giant spiraling wave of fire into the sky and as the flames climbed higher into the sky they formed into a giant serpentine dragon, with two large horns on it´s head and two wings.

This was the improved version of ‘Hunting Dragon’ not only was its details much better, you could even make out individual scales, but it´s power and maneuverability were far more superior than the previous spell.

“Let´s see you running away from that!”

Hello there, thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

Only about two more chapters and we are done with that arc and i can focus on slapping a certain grown up baby.

Anyway, see you all in the next chapter, bye.

10