Chapter 91: The Animal, the Beast, the Demon and the Knight (Part two)
281 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elfman and Lisanna were in a tight spot.

They had been fighting against Jack for a while now and it didn´t look too good for them.

Elfman was barley able to put up a fight, the injuries from Bonmu were heavier than he had thought.

Lisanna on the other hand was not able to get even near Jack, thanks to the shadow blades that were coming out of the ground and the walls.

Jack had stabbed the blade into the ground and was holding onto it and hadn´t moved even an inch since then.

Lisanna had tried to use the speed of her ‘Animal Soul: Cat’ to simply out speed the blades, but Jack countered this by covering his surroundings with blades.

Elfman had tried to throw large rocks at him, but multiple giant shadow blades appeared and cut the rocks into small pieces.

But the two had also learned a lot about the magic of their opponent.

The blades could appear up to a distance from twenty meters away from Jack but the further away from Jack they were the weaker they became, to the point that the blades could barely cut anything.

It also seemed as if the blades were consuming not a small amount of magic power, because Jack was starting to breath more heavily.

In other words, they could out stall them, but both of them didn´t thought that it would be a good option.

Lisanna had multiple small cuts and although the bleeding had stopped, she wasn´t sure how much longer she would be able to evade the blades like that.

Elfman was in no condition to try and evade the blades and had already been stabbed multiple times and was now staying outside of their reach.

“I have to applaud your persistence; many people would have tried to run away. But I am afraid that I don´t have much time that I can spend with you two, which is why I am going to end our little fun here.” Jack said as he pulled out the blade and walked toward Lisanna.

Lisanna smiled as she heard this and said, “A normal person would, after seeing how difficult it is to even get close to you, but you should know that members of Fairy Tail aren´t normal. And compared to the monsters that are in the guild, you aren´t scary.”

“Indeed, the members of Fairy Tail were never normal, I apologize for my rudeness.”

Jack swung his sword sending a slash made out of shadows flying toward Lisanna.

Lisanna noticed that the slash was connected with the ground and quickly dodged it by transforming into a small animal.

Seeing that his attack was dodged, Jack prepared another attack but stopped as a large amount of magic power was released, and a giant explosion covered the sky with darkness.

Jack hastily stepped back and for the first time he held the sword with both hands, the shadows that made the sword were also flickering and slowly disappearing, revealing a black sword.

Lisanna and Elfman knew that it was their sister that had caused this explosion and they begun to smile, because it showed just how far Mirajane had come.

And as the darkness vanished Lisanna got into a fighting stance and glared at jack.

“You know, I have to agree with your statement, it is time to end this.”

Lisanna ran toward Jack; his blade was again covered with shadows.

Jack struck out multiple times with his sword sending multiple slashes toward Lisanna.

“[Animal Soul: Crystal Horn]”

Lisanna transformed into a white deer with crystal like antlers.

Her speed had increased drastically and as the shadow slashes were only moments away from reaching her, the antlers begun to radiate light and distorted the shadows.

Crystal Horns were a rare species of animals that lived in forests, they rarely left them and as long as they weren´t provoked they weren´t dangerous for humans.

They name giving, crystal like horns were sought after by merchants and nobles alike.

But it was quite difficult and hard to hunt them because they were able to use light-based magic and even Gorians were hesitant to hunt them.

As the light shone, the shadows twisted and distorted, to the point that Lisanna could easily pass them without any difficulties.

Jack was surprised by this sight and was not able to react in time, as Lisanna quickly reached him and kicked him in the air, making him lose his grip on his sword.

Lisanna then used her magic again and transformed back into her cat soul and jumped into the air and cut Jack with her claws.

As Jack fell down on the ground, Lisanna landed safely on the ground and canceled her magic, transforming back.

“You did it Lisanna, that was manly!” Elfman said as he hugged his little sister.

“Nah, if it wasn´t for big sis Miras attack, then I wouldn´t have been able to figure out how his magic worked.” Lisanna said while being embarrassed.

“Don´t be modest… You were still able to quickly pick the weakness of my magic up and were able to use it… That isn´t something that everyone could have done… Be proud about it.” Jack said as he turned his head.

“Could… Could you please do me a favor and convey a message to an old friend to me?”

“No problem, if they are still in the guild then I will do it.”

Jack smiled for a second before saying, “Thank you, and don´t worry he is still in the guild. Tell Reedus that I regret my words from back then and that I deeply regret that I didn´t listen to him.”

Lisanna and Elfman were surprised as they heard that Jack used to be a friend with Reedus, one of the friendliest and most peaceful members of the guild.

After saying his request, he closed his eyes as he lost consciousness.

 

Through the city of Magnolia, the sound of battle could be heard.

Ivan had sent every member that had left the guild with him, and they were currently engaged with their former colleagues.

The Thunder God Tribe was also actively fighting against the members of Fairy Tail.

Freed was currently fighting against Gray and Ophiuchus, while Bickslow was fighting against Bisca and Alzack.

Many other members were trapped inside Freed´s enchantments, which forced them to fight against each other.

Some followed this rule while others were waiting for Vulcan to get them out of there.

 Erza had just informed the mayor about the situation and had ensured him that Fairy Tail would pay for the damages.

She was now running through the streets, trying to find any clew where Laxus was hiding.

Not many people were left on the streets and those that were still outside were quickly trying to find cover.

Erza gritted her teeth.

‘Laxus, you have gone too far, and I will make sure that you will receive your punishment, mark my words!’

While Erza was thinking that her instincts were warning her, and she quickly jumped aside and a second later a small light ball touched came flying toward the spot where Erza had just been and exploded.

Erza looked up and saw Evergreen, flying in the air thanks to four fairy like wings that were growing out of her back.

“I have been looking for you, Erza!”

“Evergreen…”

“You know, you really irritate me… Calling yourself ‘Titania’. That title should be mine because I am the only QUEEN OF THE FAIRIES!!!”

Evergreen flipped backwards, causing glowing particles to spread around her.

“Dust?” Erza said in surprise.

“[Fairy Bomb: Gremlin]”

The dust exploded and covered the entire street, damaging the nearby buildings.

Erza rushed out of the explosion and jumped toward Evergreen, equipping one sword in each hand.

Evergreen easily dodged the attack by flying to the side, causing Erza to cut through a large tank.

“My, my, I am impressed, but I should have expected nothing less from you, Erza.”

Evergreen begun to flay away, while Erza chased after her.

“I didn´t expect that I would face you first, but that works out well for me, your magical eyes are quite dangerous. If I defeat you, then the others won´t have to deal with them.”

“Do you think you can?” Evergreen asked while removing her glasses and activated her eye magic.

Evergreen used a magic that was called Stone Eye, which allowed the user to petrify her opponents for three hours, afterwards they would apparently turn into dust, but there were also claims that the effect would simply stop.

Erza closed her left eye but left her artificial right eye open.

To Evergreens surprise, Erza didn´t turn into stone.

Erza used this moment to launch an attack on Evergreen, but she quickly snapped out of it and quickly dodged the attack.

“I see, I didn´t know that you have an artificial eye, I wasn´t aware of that. Looks like your past wasn´t quite nice, but that doesn´t matter. If my eye magic doesn´t work, then I simply have to use a different magic.”

Evergreen crossed her arms before her.

“[Fairy Machine Gun: Leprechaun]”

Evergreen fired a barrage of energy needles that were formed out of concentrated dust.

“[Requip: Morning Star Armor]”

Erza used her magic and equipped the Morning Star Armor and its two one handed swords.

She pointed one of the swords toward Evergreen and the tide of needles.

Energy started to gather on the blade, until it was covering it.

“[Photon Wave]”

Erza waved her sword horizontal, shooting a wave of energy, scattering, or destroying the needles and creating a path directly toward Evergreen.

“[Requip: Flight Armor]”

Erza used her magic again and equipped the flight armor, which dramatically increases her speed.

Erza approached Evergreen with lightning-fast speed, to the point that Evergreen had barley enough time to react, but even then, it wasn´t enough, as Erza equipped a great sword and with it hit Evergreen right in the stomach.

Evergreen smashed into the ground, but Erza wasn´t finished.

“[Requip: Heaven`s Wheel Armor]”

Erza equipped her most famous armor, which also caused people to call her Valkyrie.

However, Vulcan had enhanced this armor.

The design of the armor hadn´t changed and looked still the same, except for the line of blue runes that were on each metal feather of her wings, giving of a feint blue glow that worked rather well with the armor.

Erza hovered in the air and summoned a massive number of blades, which were flying around her.

Each and every sword had runes engraved on them.

“[Blumenblatt]”

(AN: Ok, I have to ask, why German? For those that don´t know German ‘Blumenblatt’ means petal in English. I men it is the only German attack name in Fairy Tail and I don´t know why it has it. Is it an ohmage at the theme from Kill la Kill? Which leads me to my next question why is German used so much in anime in the first place? Ok, English and Chinese are used more, but they make more sense. Bleach is an exception though; there it makes sense.)

The swords flew down toward Evergreen and got covered by thin layer of energy.

“WAIT!!! WAIT!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

Evergreen closed her eyes in fright but every single blade mist her and simply pinned her down on the ground.

“Do you surrender?” Erza asked with a cold voice.

“I… I surrender.”

9