Chapter 97: Secret Art
379 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I HAVE VACATION!!!

 

As the light of the spell disappeared, everyone could see that nothing happened.

Natsu and Gajeel were confused and just stared at Laxus, who in turn was so shocked that he hadn´t even moved a muscle.

“What happened? Did the spell fail?” Laxus asked, he could not understand what happened.

The doors of the cathedral opened, and a heavily injured Freed slowly walked into it, holding his left arm, with his right arm.

“Freed!” Laxus roared.

“No one has been hurt by Fairy Law, neither the members of the guild, nor the people of Magnolia.” Freed said as he leaned himself against the wall of the cathedral.

“That is impossible, my spell was perfect!” Laxus yelled in confusion.

“It was your heart, Laxus.”

Laxus´s eyes widened in shock.

“Your magic power and your magical abilities were not the only thing that you inherited from the master. A heart that cares for its comrades. Fairy Law only affects who whom the user recognizes as their enemies. Do you understand what I am trying to say, Laxus? You can´t lie to your magic, Laxus. This is just how you truly feel.”

Laxus clenched his fists, he was completely shocked as he heard this.

“NO!!!! Anyone that gets in my way is an enemy!!! AN ENEMY!!!” Laxus shouted in denial.

“Laxus! Stop already, its no use, just see the master already.” Freed said, trying to convince Laxus.

Lightning begun to shoot out Laxus´s body.

“I AM MYSELF!!! I AM NOT HIS GRANDSON!!! I AM LAXUS!!! I AM LAXUUUUUUUUUUUUS!!!”

The sound of a fist punching the ground appeared.

“We all know that Laxus! We all know it all too well!” Natsu said as he stood up, flames erupting from his arms.

Laxus stared in utter disbelieve as Natsu stood up, his eyes filled with determination.

“Don´t get all big-headed on us dumbass. So, what if you´re the old man´s grandson? Does that make you special? Does that make you so much different?”

An image of Zeldaris and Aversia appeared in Natsu´s mind, his elder siblings who were probably the ones that were the most different from everyone else, yet still laughed together with everyone else and happily interacted with everyone in the guild.

Making this whole thing even more pointless and ridicules.

Veins became visible as Natsu roared in rage, “DON´T YOU GET HUNG UP OVER SOME STUPID BLOOD RELATION!!! THE GUILD IS THE ONLY FAMILY WE NEED!!!!”

The flames on Natsu´s arms became grew bigger and stronger.

Laxus grinded his teeth.

“How could you ever understand…”

“Do we need to understand you to be your comrades?”

Natsu gathered his flames into his fists and charged toward Laxus.

“LAXUS!” Natsu yelled as he punched with his blazing fist.
“NATSU!” Laxus yelled as he punched with lightning fist.

Both fists hit the head of the other person.

“Even if I die, you won´t become the next master. Because it is our home.

Natsu was sent flying for a few meters, while Laxus lost focus for a second.

Natsu glared at Laxus as Natsu stopped on the ground.

Natsu rushed toward Laxus again.

“Why you…”

But as soon as Natsu was close enough, Laxus smashed Natsu into the ground with just two hits.

“Why won´t you die?! Don´t you get it, someone like you will never be able to defeat me!”

And yet, Natsu begun to stand up yet again.

Freed and Laxus were stunned as they saw that, their bodies shivered as they just couldn´t believe what they were seeing.

Natsu could barley stand, let alone move.

And yet, Laxus felt threatened by it, which made him only angrier.

“SHUT UP! [Lightning Dragon´s Breakdown Fist]!!!”

Laxus punched out with his lightning covered Fist, sending a giant fist made out of lightning flying toward Natsu.

However.

Just before the attack reached Natsu, Gajeel jumped before Natsu and blocked the attack.

“Don´t forget that you are facing two people.”

“Why you…” Laxus said with gritted teeth.

“You okay their Salamander, don´t tell me that this is everything you have.”

“Of course, I am. I won´t go down until we beat him.”

“All of you. I WILL BURN YOU ALL TO THE POINT THAT NOT EVEN YOUR ASHES WILL REMAIN!!! [LIGHTNING DRAGON`S HEAVENWARD HALBERD]!!!”

Laxus raised his arms, generating lightning between the palms of his hands.

It quickly took on the form of a massive spear, which Laxus threw at both Gajeel and Natsu.

Gajeel ran toward the incoming spear, while covering his body with his iron scales again.

The spear hit Gajeel with full force, if it had been anyone else, then the attack would have ripped through their bodies.

But Gajeel was able to withstand it but was still heavily damaged by it.

“GAJEEL!?” Natsu yelled in worry.

“DON`T WORRY ABOUT ME! FINISH THIS!” Gajeel said as he collapsed on the ground.

Now fully enraged, Natsu´s entire body erupted in flames, the flames of emotion were now showing their full potential as, with his emotions, new power filled Natsu.

Laxus on the other hand had exhausted a large amount of magic power, he was completely exhausted.

And before he could begin to move again, Natsu had appeared before him.

“[FIRE DRAGON´S IRON FIST]!!!”

Natsu punched Laxus right into the face, making the latter stager a few steps back, but Natsu was far from finished.

“CLAW! WING ATTACK! SWORD HORN! CRUSHING FIST! FLAME ELBOW!”

Natsu quickly used multiple spells on Laxus, not giving him any chances to recover and to let him wide open for the final attack.

“[DRAGON SLAYER SECRET ART: CRIMSON LOTUS: EXPLODING FLAME BLADE]!!!”

Natsu generated a long torrent of flames from his arms, which moved in a spiraling formation.

Each connecting strike created a powerful, burning explosion.

The torrent of lames took Laxus with them, until he and the flames crashed into the altar at the end of the room.

“Impossible…” was all that Laxus was able to say as he lost consciousness and fell to the ground.

“Laxus… he… he lost.” Freed said, completely shocked and hardly believing.

Gajeel as grinning as he slowly stood up.

Natsu clenched his fists and roared into the sky.

 

Meanwhile on the streets of Magnolia, Zeldaris and Aversia had a hard time restraining their draconic side.

The continuous release of the sealed draconic side was simply far too much for them.

The sound of breaking bones was clearly audible as their legs begun to change, losing their human form, and becoming draconic in nature.

But their spirit was unbroken, and their efforts were not for naught, as they had managed to decrease the flow of magic power that was escaping the seal.

Slowly but surely, they were also able to gain control over the already released amount of magic power.

The gray flames that had formed the humanoid dragon had partly been absorbed again.

Luckily for them, they didn´t need to hold out for much longer because Vulcan arrived and immediately started to repair their seals.

Vulcan didn´t need much time to repair the seals and the second that he finished, both Zeldaris and Aversia could feel the effect and they could now concentrate on getting their magic power back under control.

It only took them two minutes to get control over the rest and to absorb the remaining grey flames.

And as the last flame had been absorbed both of them felt incredible exhausted and felt down.

But before both of them could hit the ground, somebody caught them.

Vulcan had helped Aversia, while Erza had helped Zeldaris.

“Now we are even.” Erza said with a smile.

“Looks like it.” Zeldaris said while chuckling a bit.

Erza sighed and shook her head.

“Both of you are stubborn, you know that?”

“Look who is talking.” Zeldaris answered, while also trying to make sure that Erza wasn´t hurt.

But she had only some light injuries and nothing too major.

Erza smiled, appreciating Zeldaris´s worries and helped Zeldaris to stand.

“Ave?” Zeldaris asked the second that he noticed something about his legs.

“Don´t even ask, mine are not better. God dammit, why? Why? Every time, something changes, and it feels absolutely weird?!” Aversia yelled.

A bit confused, Erza looked down on Zeldaris´s legs and in surprise noticed that his legs were now completely covered by scales and had even changed their form completely.

They looked animalistic in nature, and the muscles on them had grown bigger.

Their pants were barley holding together, if they hadn´t worn baggy pants, then they would have ripped apart.

Their shoes had been fully ripped apart.

But that wasn´t the only changes.

Their stomachs were now also covered by scales and the color of the scales on them were of a different color then the rest.

Aversia´s were of a pale white, with a mix of orange.

Zeldaris´s were a dark silver, like ashes.

“Are they always like that?” Erza asked Vulcan with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

“Yeah, you should have seen the ruckus that they made when they got either their wings or their tails. The only time that they were actually excited was when their horns grew, but mostly because it meant that they could escape their nickname that the people had given them.”

“DON`T YOU EVEN DARE!” Aversia yelled, while Zeldaris glared at the old man.

Vulcan only laughed at that, and Erza also started to laugh.

It took Zeldaris and Aversia a few attempts to regain their balance on their new legs and feet.

And a few more before they could somewhat walk with them.

But they also managed to quickly transform back, but they still had to walk back with bare feet because they had no spare shoes placed into their requip magic.

On the way they met with multiple members of the guild, all of them injured and or partly burned by the effect of the body link magic.

“Our guild is quite something, right?” Zeldaris said while sighing in relief that none of them were critically injured.

“But I wouldn´t have it any other way.” Erza said.

“True that.”

Zeldaris and Erza continued to talk a bit more, while Vulcan and Aversia wanted too just be somewhere else.

 

 

 

Hello there. I have vacation, which means EXTRA CHAPTERS! But only one because i need to study for my final exams that are in may and june.

That being said, the extra chapters and the normal ones will be at least 2k words, this one is an exception. The plan was that i would get three weeks of vacation, which is all of the remaining vacation from last year. However, i got an call this morning saying that a coworker had injured his feet and asked me if i could work next week, moving the remaining two weeks back for a week. Meaning that next week, there will be only the normal schedual.

But that isn´t all that i wanted to talk about, i had decided that for chapter 100, which will be the harvest festival and the fantasy parade, that i would copy the manga. Meaning that you will vote for the winner of the ms. Fairy Tail contest. The contestants will mostly be the same, except there are three more contestants, Aversia ( although reluctently), Lisanna, and Evergreen. Ophiuchus won´t participate because she will be one of the hosts. This vote is open until 02.04.2022 to cast your votes. I will count both the votes on Scribble Hub and Webnovel.

Vote for your favourite character, that shall win the contest!
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
7