Chapter 100: The harvest festival
458 12 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Do you see that flying at the horizon. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It´s my plans being thrown out of the window at mach 3! Godspeed! Godspeed!

 

It´s now been a month since the excommunication of Laxus and quite a bit had happened.

First, Makarov felt like that this situation was his fault and tried to take responsibility by resigning from the position as guild master and from the guild entirely.

Of course, every single member of the guild had tried to stop him, and tried to persuade him to not step down, including The Thunder God Tribe.

It was actually Freed that was finally able to convince Makarov.

But most importantly he had cut his hair short as a symbolic punishment, which kind of looked weird and some members had asked Lucy if she couldn´t summon Cancer and make him deal with Freed´s hair.

Lucy had refused, she wouldn´t use her spirits for something like that, plus she was a bit worried that Cancer would get overboard with Freed´s hair.

Freed and the other two had surprisingly well integrated with the other members of the guild.

 

It was now only a few days until the harvest festival and everyone in the guild was excited for it.

The contest for this year had also been announced, and it was a beauty contest, with a price of five hundred thousand jewels.

Many female members of the guild were instantly interested in the reward, but the one that was by far the most excited about it was definitely Lucy.

This sum of money would be enough for her to pay seven months of rent alone, her rent was seventy thousand jewels per month.

Lucy had strong problems to pay her rent, mostly thanks to a certain someone that was causing a lot of collateral damage on their jobs, through which they had to pay for the damages using their payments.

But as soon as she saw who had already registered for the event, she became pale.

Both Erza and Mirajane had registered, and Lucy knew that those two would be her biggest obstacles for this event.

Lisanna, Levi, Evergreen, Cana, Bisca and Juvia had also registered.

Levi, Evergreen, Cana, and Juvia were interested in the money, although Evergreen and Juvia had a few other reasons as well.

Lisanna, Mirajane, and Erza had no financial issues and only joined because they thought that it would be fun.

Lucy had only recently heard that Erza was renting five components at the female dormitory, putting her monthly rent at half a million.

Erza had to rent more apartments, because she used them to store her weapons and armors that she couldn´t put into the dimension of her requip magic.

Shortly after Lucy had registered, Aversia also registered, although not completely willingly.

Aversia didn´t want to join, mostly because she didn´t care about beauty and stuff like that.

But the majority of the guild was constantly bugging her about it, so she registered just so that the others would shut up.

She had also thought about beating all of them up, but Zeldaris and Ophiuchus stopped her from following with that idea.

Ophiuchus wanted to join the contest, but Makarov wanted her to act as the announcer and commentator of the event, together with Max.

It didn´t even take a second for her to agree, what was important for her was to be part of the event, not the actual contest.

So, being the host and announcer was actually much better for her than actually taking part in the contest.

As for the parade, the preparations for it were nearly complete and ready.

 

Currently, Erza was waiting at the train station of the city.

She was rather nervous and excited at the same time and could barely stand still.

Zeldaris and Aversia were standing behind her and both of them were smiling as they watched Erza trying to keep her composure.

Today was the day that her old friends would arrive in Magnolia.

“Calm down Erza, the train will arrive in only a few minutes.” Zeldaris said, not to actually calm Erza down but to help her to pass some time.

“I know, I know. But I am so excited to see them again.” Erza said with an apologetic smile.

“It hasn´t even been two months since you last saw them.” Aversia added.

Erza opened her mouth to say something, but the horn of the arriving train interrupted her.

Aversia raised an eyebrow, the train was actually a bit early, a rarity.

As the train stopped at the station and the doors opened, Miliana jumped out of the door and right into Erza´s arms.

“ERZA!!!” Miliana said as she hugged Erza.

Erza laughed while hugging Miliana back, not at all surprised by her actions.

“Miliana, it´s good to see you again. I have missed you so much.”

“I have missed you too.”

Shô, Wally and Simon also stepped out of the wagon and hugged Erza.

Erza happily hugged each one of them and asked them how their time after their departure was.

Miliana and Shô excitedly told Erza about the things they saw and what they had learned about the world.

Zeldaris and Aversia greeted the group with a nod but decided to let the five have their reunion in peace, not that the four were even aware of them.

However, they noticed that a young girl was hiding behind Simon.

She was slim but large-busted and had long, straight black hair that fell down to the middle of her back and was cut in the traditional Japanese ‘princess style’.

She wore an elaborate blazer with gold lining, and a large collar.

The collar was open and revealed a white, collared shirt and a red tie beneath.

The cuffs of this jacket were tucked into a pair of white wrist-high gloves.

 On her legs, she wore a pair of black tights, which were tucked into a pair of knee-high boots and sat under a short white frilled skirt.

She also wore a white headband with a white ribbon tied at the middle in a bow, pointing straight up.

In her left hand, she held an odachi, the scabbard was white had a golden protector, and golden decorations.

The most striking feature were the bandages that were wrapped at the suba section, making it not possible to draw the sword, with a white talisman that had the kanji of the word seal on it.

The talisman hung under the suba via a metal chain.

The hilt had a dark red wrapping.

(AN: Just like Ikagura, Kagura´s sword had different designs in the anime and the manga. And just like Ikagura´s sword, Kagura´s sword was plainer in the manga then in the anime. But I liked the design in the anime more, so I will go with it.)

Normally such an outfit would radiate strictness and coldness, if not for the fact that the girl was blushing and was mumbling something that Zeldaris and Aversia were not able to hear.

“So, Simon, when are you going to introduce the girl that is hiding behind your back?” Aversia said with a smirk.

Simon and the others were surprised by this, they hadn´t even noticed that the two were even there.

“*sigh* This was supposed to be a surprise but, we didn´t even notice that the two of you were here.” Simon said and stepped aside, revealing the young girl, whose face was now as red as a tomato.

“This is my little sister, Kagura.” Simon introduced, shocking both Erza and the two half dragons.

Erza looked at the girl and seemed to remember something.

“No way… are you…” Erza tried to speak but was unable to find her words.

Kagura nodded and said, tears begun to fill her eyes, “Yes, I am the one that you had saved that day. It is thanks to you that I survived and could reunite with my brother.”

Faster than anyone could see, even Zeldaris and Aversia had problems seeing it clearly, Erza approached the girl and hugged her, bringing Kagura’s head into her chest… Or that’s what should have happen, if not for the fact that she was still wearing her armor, causing her to smashing Kagura´s head into her breastplate and knocking out the poor girl.

Erza held on to Kagura before she could fall onto the ground and begun to panic.

Simon, Shô, Wally, Miliana and the two half dragons were stunned at what happened and it took them a few moments to snap out of it and try to help Kagura.

As for the unconscious girl, she had a happy expression on her face, however, half her face was covered in blood and made her look like a serial killer.

Only Zeldaris and Aversia had any knowledge in first aid, and they managed to stop the bleeding quickly and washed away the blood from Kagura´s face.

“Erza, we told you to stop doing this. Natsu is one thing, but the skull of a normal person can´t withstand such abuse.” Zeldaris scolded Erza after the treatment of Kagura was finished.

Erza´s face was bright red in shame and apologized.

“I know, it´s just that I was so happy that I had forgotten to hold back.”

This was in fact not the first time that this happened, although most of them were with Natsu and Gray, both of whom had hard skulls, meaning that both of them would at most bleed a little.

Which is why, Makarov had told her to hold back, something at which she was bad.

Simon picked Kagura up and carried her in a princess style.

“We should bring her into a bed, so that she can rest.” Simon said.

“Agreed, we have already prepared some rooms for you. And even with one person extra it shouldn´t take long to prepare one extra room.” Aversia said and picked up Kagura´s sword.

“Are we staying in Erza´s place?” Miliana asked.

“No, Erza lives in the female dormitory. You guys are going to sleep at our home.” Zeldaris said and they started to walk out of the station.

Miliana looked a bit sad about this.

“Our place isn´t far off from the female dormitory and Erza had planned to stay with you while you were here.” Aversia said with a glance at Erza, who blushed again and averted her eyes.

Miliana became extremely happy and hugged Erza again.

The group walked through the busy streets of the city, many were already decorating their shops for the harvest festival, and everyone seemed excited.

Simon and his group were curiously looking around, they were still not used to all of this.

As the group passed the guild hall Simon and the others stared with open eyes at the large guild hall.

“Surprised?” Zeldaris asked with a smile.

“It´s big.” Wally said.

Many people were going in and out of the guild.

“So, this is Fairy Tail…” Shô said.

“We will show you around later, we should hurry and let Kagura get some rest.” Erza said, finally able to calm down.

The four nodded and continued to walk.

A few minutes later and they arrived at the mansion and all four of them were starring at it with wide eyes and open mouths.

Zeldaris and Aversia laughed as they saw their expression.

“Welcome to our humble aboard.” Aversia said while bowing.

“Is it really ok for us to stay here?” Shô asked.

“Of course, besides, you won´t be able to find any rooms anymore, the hotels are already full.” Zeldaris said while walking toward the front gate and waved dismissingly with his hands.

The hotels would always receive massive reservations around the harvest festivals, which is just how popular the festival and the parade were.

Zeldaris and Aversia quickly prepared a room for Kagura in which she was now resting.

Both Vulcan and Ophiuchus were still at the guild and would only return at the late afternoon.

And while waiting for Kagura to wake up, they decided to talk about their plans for the next few days.

Kagura woke up after a few hours and didn´t blame Erza for what happened.

She and Erza explained where they had lived before and how Erza had saved her.

Kagura, Simon, and Erza had lived at the same village called Rosemary Village.

Erza had been found on the doorsteps of the local charge and had lived there as an orphan, what was a large shock for both Zeldaris and Aversia.

Even so, Erza had been living there happily, until the day that the cultist had attacked the village.

They were killing and burning everything, while kidnapping the children.

Erza had been running through the streets where she found a crying Kagura and decided to help her.

The two found a box to hide in, but it had only enough space for one of them.

Erza let Kagura hide there and promised her that she would find her brother and that she would find a safe place to hide in.

But as soon as she closed the box, two cultists arrived and Erza let the two away, saving Kagura.

 

Zeldaris and Aversia had to hold back their anger, if they could, they would resurrect those cultists, only to kill them in the most brutal and painful way possible.

But at the same time, they were worried, why had Irene abandoned Erza?

This question was burning in their consciousness.

Had something happened to her?

But they had to wait until they could ponder on these questions.

 

After the two had finished their story, Kagura explained what happened afterwards.

As the city became quiet and the cultists had left the city, Kagura had left her little hiding spot and saw the pure destruction that the cultists had left behind.

Every building had been burned to the ground and only ruins were left.

Not knowing where to go, and filled with sadness, Kagura wandered into a random direction, crying the whole time.

Luckily for her, a nearby guild had heard about what happened and a group were on the way, to see if there were any survivors, and met Kagura on the way.

That guild had been Mermaid Heel, a guild that famous for the fact that it was an all-female guild.

The members of Mermaid Heel brought Kagura back with them and took care of her.

It didn´t take long before they found out that she had aptitude for magic and Kagura officially joined Mermaid Heel.

Over the next few years, Kagura became one of the most powerful members of the guild and its youngest S-Class member.

(AN: You can guess three times who it is for Fairy Tail.)

But she never stopped to search for her brother, but to no avail.

Until one day, she heard the news about the Tower of Heaven, reigniting her hopes once again.

And as luck would have it, she met with Simon and the others on the beach of the city, only two days after receiving the news.

After a heartful reunion, Simon and the others decided to stay in the city.

Miliana actually joined Mermaid Heel, while Simon, Shô and Wally were doing some part time work.

Erza was a bit surprised after hearing this but was none the less happy for them.

“I am sorry Erza, I know that you had invited us to Fairy Tail and all but…” Simon started, but Erza shock her head.

“No, don´t apologize. If you had excepted it, then you wouldn´t have been able to reunite with your sister. Besides, I can still visit you all at any time I want.” Erza said with a smile.

Simon and the others cried as they heard this.

The rest of the day they talked and took a long and relaxing bath in the hot spring.

 

Over the next few days, Erza had shown the group through the city and even into the guild, where they were happily greeted by everyone.

And as Erza explained who they were and all, every single member was crying rivers of tears, except for Makarov, who already knew about the whole story.

They were also surprised that Kagura was an S-Class member of Mermaid Heel.

After everyone calmed down their tears, they started to celebrate, even more so than usual.

To the point that the staff members, Ophiuchus, Mirajane, Lisanna, and Zeldaris together could barley keep up with them.

And just like that, the day of the harvest festival finally arrived.

The streets were packed full of people that came from all over the kingdom.

Every shop and home were festively decorated, including the cathedral.

Performers could be seen everywhere, including some members of Fairy Tail.

Zeldaris and Aversia were using their flames to create and animate all kinds of different animals and creatures.

Both of them had nothing to do until the contest and there were still a few hours until then, and Aversia had already prepared everything that she needed.

With their flame animals, they walked through the city, talking with some of the people of Magnolia and enjoying their time.

Suddenly, they picked up the smell of someone familiar, and both of them looked at each other and nodded.

They ended their performance, to the disappointment of the watching children, and followed the scent that they had picked up.

The scent let them toward one of the side streets of the city, in which they found a few familiar faces.

They were people from Garuna Island, under them the chief Moka, his son Bobo, and the girl that was helping them the most, and one of the girls with whom Gray had a spent the night with, Lulu.

There were also a few other people from the island, but the two didn´t know their names, or had forgotten them.

Surprised by the sudden appearance of the two half dragons, it took them a few seconds to recognize them, but as soon as they did, they greeted them openly and warmly.

Zeldaris and Aversia talked with the demons from the cursed island for multiple hours, about how they were doing, what happened since they helped them with Lyon and his group, and so on.

Moka and Bobo told them that they had a peaceful time after their help.

They also had decided to increase their interaction with the outside world, mostly the kingdom, and had sent a few letters and a few of their members to the royal capital.

Another thing that they wanted to do, was to change the reputation that the island and its inhabitants had.

Lulu told them that she had found a partner under the male members of the tribe and that they were currently trying to get children.

Her partner was sadly not under the people that came to Magnolia, because he was one of the demons that had been sent to the capital for talks.

As for why they were here, Bobo had during his time at the docks, heard about the harvest festival and the fantasia parade and had decided to see it.

Zeldaris and Aversia were of course happy that they were doing great and that they wanted to increase their interactions with the outside world.

The two gave them a bit of money, so that they could fully enjoy the festival.

They also told them that the roofs of the city were the best places to see the parade and where they could see them in their demonic form.

The two half dragons said their goodbyes to the demons and went toward the guild, the contest was would soon start.

 

The Fairy Tail guild was crowded with people, hundreds of people came to see the contest, under them Simon, Kagura, and the rest.

“People of Magnolia, and the people that came from other cities and villages, I welcome you. As for the people that came from the underworld, don´t forget to go back to your graves when this is over. Okay?!” Max said as he welcomed everyone, he wore a purple suit with a large yellow bow tie.

The people laughed heartfully at his joke and were in a good mood, the fact that beside him was a beauty like Ophiuchus was also a reason for it.

Ophiuchus was dressed in an elegant one-piece dress that had the same color as her hair, which left her shoulders and her back open.

Her hair, which was a mix of lime green and dark blond, was pinned up into a bun.

On both arms were snake like bracelets.

“Well, while they still continue to watch, let´s get on with the show. I am the spirit Ophiuchus.”

“And I am the sand mage Max.”

““And we will be the announcers for this year’s event!”” both Ophiuchus and Max said at the same time under loud cheers.

Behind the curtain of the stage, all ten contestants were standing ready, while Zeldaris was playing the security guard, for the case if someone would get some funny ideas.

This position was actually coveted by a high number of the guild members but the ten people that were participating in the contest had voted for Zeldaris, because knew that he would take his task serious and wouldn´t do something funny.

Not that was really a problem, because no one would even dare to something because Erza, Aversia and Mirajane were more than enough to scare everyone.

Zeldaris was standing right behind the side curtain, Cana, the first contestant, was right beside him and waited for her signal.

The two were having some small talk, mostly so that Cana wouldn´t get nervous.

“No worries, you will do great.” Zeldaris said to Cana.

Cana, who was wearing a bit more covering outfit, instead of her usual blue bikini top, she wore a shoulder free shirt, that also showed a bit of her chest.

“Thanks, I appreciate it.” Cana said.

“Let´s welcome our first contestant.”

“She is the queen of cards, the mistress of fortune. Give a loud applause for CANA ALBERONA!”

Cana walked toward the stage.

“Let´s have a drink after the festival.” Cana said toward Zeldaris, to which Zeldaris readily agreed.

As Cana walked on toward the front of the stage, she took on a pose that emphasized her chest and hips.

The crowd was going wild, but Cana was not done.

She threw her cards in a beautiful ark and they begun to fly around her body, covering her from the sight of the audience.

The cards slowly revealed Cana, who was now only wearing a red, orange bikini with green tiger stripes and wearing high heels.

Cana took another pose.

Needles to say, the crowd loved it, some a bit too much, including Makarov.

Zeldaris was ready to act at any moment.

“Bikini!? That´s cheating.” Lucy said while peaking out behind the curtain.

“I see. So, you can do it like this as well.” said Erza, who was standing beside her.

“Could you two please stop this, and let Juvia some space, so that she can go on stage.” Zeldaris said while sighing.

“AH! Sorry!” Lucy said and quickly walked back.

Erza did the same.

“Our next contestant is the maiden of the sea. One of our newest members, JUVIA LOCKSER.” Ophiuchus said while Cana walked back behind the stage.

Juvia walked on the stage with a warm smile that charmed almost everyone.

Juvia spread her arms and her body begun to turn into water, amazing the crowd.

It was as if a part of the ocean was on the stage, as waves were formed on it.

From within one of these waves, Juvia emerged wearing a dark bule bikini with white dots.

“Again, with the over sexualization!” Lucy almost yelled in frustration.

But she stopped when she felt the hand of a certain someone on her shoulder.

“And what did I just say?!” Zeldaris said with a threatening smile.

“I AM SORRY!” cried out in fear.

“Next up, she will shoot right through your heart with her skills. She is the greatest sharpshooter of our guild, give a big applause for BISCA MULAN!” Max said, while Bisca walked on the stage.

Bisca quickly threw eight coins into the air and requiped her rifle.

She quickly aimed and shot through all eight coins.

Bisca then quickly caught the coins and showed them to the audience, while holding them between her fingers.

Every single one of them had been shot in the middle.

“Outstanding marksmanship.” Max said and the audience applauded.

 

Behind the stage, Zeldaris was talking with Mirajane, who would be next.

“Nervous?” Zeldaris asked, already knowing the answer.

“Not at all. In fact, I am rather excited, I love this kind of thing.” Mirajane said with a warm smile.

“That´s good, but just promise me that you won´t do something strange.”

Mirajane tilted her head in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“I just have a weird feeling, as if whatever you are planning, will not help you at all.”

“You are just worrying too much but thank you.” Mirajane said.

“And now, for the person that most of you have been waiting for, the model that had taken over the kingdom in less than two years, MIRAJANE STRAUSS!”

The crowd erupted into cheers so loud that Zeldaris and the others behind the stage had to cover their ears, even Cana had to stop drinking.

“Wish me luck.” Mirajane said toward Zeldaris and stepped onto the stage.

Lisanna was next and waited beside Zeldaris.

“Thoughts and prayers?” Zeldaris asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Maybe? But I have faith in my big sister, she will do it.” Lisanna said motivated.

Zeldaris smiled and nodded.

“You are right…. GOD DAMMIT MIRA!!!” Zeldaris said before yelling the last part.

Both he and Lisanna face palmed, while Lucy was laughing with schadenfreude.

 

 

OK! Planning is not my strenght. The fact that my vacation has been canceled, didn´t help at all. Only one chapter this week, where are we 2021? And i have more bad news, my vacation has been pushed back again... HURA!

ICH KRIEG DAS KOTZEN!!! Sorry for that.

I had planned that the whole contest would be in here, but i decided to cut it all into two chapters, because i had forgotten that a certain group was visiting the town and that i had planned this big reunion with Kagura. AKA, ms waisted potential. Seriously, after the tournament ark, she didn´t do much. Although that kiss with Erza was quite funny. Anyway, this Kagura will be much different then the cannon one.

As for the pole. We had 17 votes on Scribble Hub and one on Webnovel. Currently, two people are tight on Scribble Hub, but thanks to the vote on Webnovel, we have a winner. It was defenetly a close call, but you will have to wait until the next chapter for th reveal. Sorry!

So with all of that out of the way. I personally can´t believe that this fan fiction had reached 100 Chapters. I know that i had said this before, but i could have never imagined this when i started this back in july 2020. I thank everyone for the support until know and the comments and questions. And i hope that we can continue like this. On to the next 100 chapters. Bye.

8