Chapter 105: Jasmine Village
396 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jasmine village was a small village at the northern coast of Fiore.

It was a quiet and peaceful place, like so many villages in the kingdom.

Zeldaris inspected the village from a hill, not able to understand why Mirajane acted so strange when it came to this place.

Speaking of Mirajane, she stood not far away from Zeldaris and was also looking at the village and as Zeldaris glanced at her, he noticed that her eyes were filled with a wide range of emotions.

“*sigh* I know that you are not happy with be accompanying you, but please, could you at least tell me why this place is so important to you?” Zeldaris asked Mirajane.

The only reason as to why Mirajane had allowed Zeldaris to accompany her, was because Makarov had ordered it and on the whole trip here, the two had barley spoken a word.

Mirajane pondered for a moment before sighing.

“I am sorry, I should have explained to you everything. This is the village that Elfman, Lisanna, and me once called our home.”

Zeldaris´s eyes widened in shock as he heard this.

Both Elfman and Lisanna had mentioned a thing or two about their life before joining the guild, and Zeldaris remembered that most of the things were rather negative.

“What happened?” Zeldaris asked.

“It is better for you to see it than for me to tell you, let´s go.” Mirajane said and walked toward the village.

“*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that this whole thing will get complicated.”

(AN: Because it wouldn´t be funny otherwise. I know that I am horrible.)

As the two entered the village, Zeldaris noticed that the villagers were all staring at Mirajane.

At first, they were confused, before a shocking look of realization appeared on their faces, followed by a mix of hatred and fear.

All of them were so focused on Mirajane that none of them had even noticed Zeldaris´s dragon eyes, which usually were gathering the attention of people.

Meaning that a situation where Zeldaris and or Aversia were not reacting to their eyes, granted the people in Magnolia and in the guild had become used to them but that was a different thing, and truth be told, Zeldaris wasn´t sure how to feel about it.

The two continued to move toward the middle of the village, where the house of the major was standing.

Mirajane glanced at the villagers from time to time, but all of them looked away and ran toward their homes.

Zeldaris became more and more confused, what had happened that the people were so afraid of Mirajane, the most peaceful and friendliest of all the members in the guild, granted he did remembered how Mirajane was when he and Aversia first met her and her siblings at Clover, but even then she didn´t seemed like someone that would do something that would garner such a reaction from people.

It didn´t take them long before they reached the home of the major, who in turn seemed to have heard of their arrival and was waiting for them before his home.

He was a man who seemed to be in his mid-thirties and didn´t seemed like your typical major.

He was of average height and had a rather slim figure, with short black hair and green eyes.

His clothes seemed more fitting for farm work than for his work as the major.

The major was looking at Mirajane, just like all of the villagers before.

“So, you have returned, demon. Here to finish your work?” the major asked in a cold tone.

“I am here because I have accepted the request that you made, and for nothing more.” Mirajane said in a serious tone that Zeldaris wasn´t used from Mirajane.

“A demon for a demon, huh. But why should I or the rest of the village believe you? And don´t mention that you are a part of a legal guild, you may have fooled everyone else, but not us.”

The major then looked at Zeldaris and a sneer appeared on his face.

“I see that you have brought your little toy with you.”

Mirajane gritted her teeth; she almost slapped the major for this comment.

Zeldaris on the other hand, didn´t care about the major’s comment, he was currently more interested in figuring out what happened, and to be ready if anything unexpected happens.

“We will finish the job and then leave the village and never return, is this acceptable?” Mirajane asked, positively 120% done with this whole thing even though they had just arrived.

“Fine, I can agree on this, but you will find no support from anyone in this village. Now go, you are not welcome here.”

The major turned around and entered his house.

“Geeze, what is wrong with him?” Zeldaris asked, in a half joking and half serious manner.

“This is why I didn´t want anyone to accompany me, especially you.” Mirajane said.

Mirajane started to walk toward a certain direction.

“Before we begin with the actual job, there is something that I need to see.” Mirajane said in her usual friendly tone.

Zeldaris followed her, but kept his senses sharp, he didn´t trust the people in this village, nor this whole thing.

After a walking for a few minutes, they had exited the village and reached the ruins of what appeared to have been a wooden shack, probably not too much different from the one in which Natsu and Happy lived in.

It seemed to have been burned down a long time ago, plants were covering most of the deteriorated remains.

However, what shocked Zeldaris the most was Mirajane´s reaction, she was clenching her fists and gritted her teeth, while trying to hold back her teers.

Zeldaris quickly realized that the remains had probably once been Mirajane´s, Lisanna´s and Elfman´s home.

Not sure what he should do in this situation, Zeldaris hesitated for a moment, which was until Mirajane was unable to hold back her teers anymore.

Before he could even think about what he was doing, Mirajane was already in his embrace, letting her vent out her sadness as long as it took.

They stayed like this for a long time before Mirajane calmed down and Zeldaris let go of her.

Both of them felt a bit awkward and blushed a bit.

“So, want to tell me what happened?” Zeldaris asked, trying to finally get some answers.

Mirajane closed her eyes as she was remembering her past.

“Many years ago, Lisanna, Elfman, and I lived here with our parents, but they died six years ago in an accident. Afterwards, the people of the village took care of us and the three of us tried to help where we could, until one day a demon came into our village and took over the church in the village. I decided to help in the fight against the demon, out of gratitude for everything that the villagers had done for us. I volunteered to lure the demon out of the church, and we were able to kill it, but in the fight a part of it was absorbed by my magic, causing a part of it to fuse with me and allowing me to use ‘Satan Soul’.

My right hand also took on the form of the demon. As the villagers saw that, they thought that I had been possessed by the demon or something like that. They started to hate me and my siblings, they would throw stones and other things after me, so I hid inside our home, but even there I was not safe. The same was true for Lisanna and Elfman. I myself believed everything that they called me, monster, demon, I genuinely believed that I was no longer human, maybe I am no longer fully human. But one day, the three of us left the village and ran away.

In the end, we landed ended in Magnolia and met the master, who welcomed us with open arms into Fairy Tail and explained that I wasn´t possessed or anything like that but that it was simply the effect of Take Over. But I still felt like as if I were a monster, so, after making sure that both Lisanna and Elfman could be happy in Fairy Tail, I tried to leave, so that they won´t have to suffer through me”

Mirajane begun to smile.

“But before I could even get out of the city, both of them found me and showed me that they could use the same magic as me. Their view of me hadn´t changed at all, they still saw me as the same old sister as before. And it was precisely that that saved me.”

Her expression became soft and warm as she remembered that moment.

Zeldaris smiled, “Those two really are great siblings, aren’t they?”

“Yes, yes they are.” Mirajane answered without any hesitation.

“And this is why, I didn´t want them involved in this. Although compared to the incident where Lisanna almost died, this is not too painful, and it reminds me of the bond that I have with my siblings, and because of it we joined Fairy Tail. However, after everything that recently happened, I started thinking about the past and the village again. I felt like that I had to see it one more time, before I could end this chapter of my life.”

Mirajane´s expression became determent.

“Now that is a look that I like, much better than what you have shown back in the guild.”

Mirajane laughed.

“Yeah, sorry about that. I don´t know why I had behaved like this; everyone must have been worried. *sigh*”

“You have no idea, after all, that really wasn´t like you. But first things first, we have work to do and from what the major said I think that I know what we are fighting. It´s demons, isn´t it?”

Mirajane reacted in a dramatic way to this before pouting.

“Geez, can´t you leave me with the surprise. Although I had planned to scare you away with it. But you don´t need to get your hopes up, as far as I know, the demon is not one from the book of Zeref. So, don´t expect too much.”

However, the second that Mirajane finished, she instantly regretted her words, because a dangerous glint appeared in Zeldaris´s eyes.

‘Oh god, I had forgotten that he was a massive battle maniac, to the point that even Natsu pales in comparison to him. Although to be fair, it is difficult to imagine it, especially compared to Aversia.’

 

Thank you verry much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry about last sunday, a lot of stuff hapened and i didn´t had much time to write.

A fiew things that i want to say, first, Mirajane doesn´t have a trauma about what happened in the village, because it made her and her siblings join Fairy Tail. BUT, that doesn´t mean that she doesn´t hate the village for what happened, she mostly wants to have a clean break with the village, since after everything that happened latley and being able to move past the Beast incident, she felt like she had to end this chapter once and for all.

Yes, there are demons other than the ones that Zeref created, but we never met one, although i still think that Lullaby should be counted as one, because i think that the flute itself turned into a demon after being used to kill thousands of people. As for the demon that Mirajane had encountered, we don´t know anything about it, but i think that it is implied that it was an natural demon.

8