Chapter 106: An eventless hunt
327 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Breaking through an ocean of cheese, yoghurt, milk, filtration, lesgislations and god damm politics, i finally escape my prisson.

*huff* *huff*

How... How long has it been? I look at my phone to see how long it has benn. MOTHER FUCKER!

 

“So, how are we going to find that demon? Pretty sure that the villagers and the mayor won´t help us in any way or form.” Zeldaris asked.

Mirajane sighed; she had forgotten that they had no information about the whereabouts of the demon from the mayor.

She also had the same opinion as Zeldaris, the villagers wouldn´t help them, nor did she want any more interactions with them, the one with the mayor was already enough for her.

“Maybe my eyes will be able to pick something up, if we can assume that they should be similar to Lullaby and Deliora, then maybe I can find it.”

“Right, I forgot that you and the others had already encountered two demons before, although both of them were either close to death or already dead,” Mirajane said with a smile.

That being said, Zeldaris wasn´t sure if a natural demon would have a similar aura as a demon from the book of Zeref, sure the people on the island had been demons as well, but their demonic energy was not as pure as compared to those from Lullaby and Deliora.

But he wouldn´t know until he tried.

Zeldaris tried to remember the feeling that both the demons had given him and concentrated on his surroundings.

And indeed, he felt something dark, something sinister that was hiding deep in the jungle; however, the source was weak and Zeldaris couldn´t figure out its precise location.

“Got it, it´s in the jungle to the west,” Zeldaris said and closed his eyes, to let them relax a little.

Mirajane nodded and after Zeldaris opened his eyes again, the two walked toward the jungle.

Both of them didn´t drop their guard and were prepared for anything.

However, nothing happened, no demon appeared, nor any animals could be heard as if the forest was empty of animal life.

“Something is off here,” Mirajane said.

Zeldaris nodded but didn´t say anything else.

A small breeze blew past them and carried the smell of rotting meat.

Not having any other clues, the two followed the smell and shortly after found a rotting corpse.

It was a grotesque being, it was a humanoid figure, but its skin looked similar to tree bark with multiple small, violet spheres on it.

The torso had multiple holes inside it.

Mirajane was shocked because this being looked exactly like the demon that had taken over the church in the village.

Zeldaris inspected the corpse for a bit.

“As far as I can tell that demon has been dead for a few days now, seems like the wounds in the torso had killed it. But seriously, this smell is horrible.”

Zeldaris quickly stood up and hold his nose with his hand, Mirajane was doing the same.

Not wanting to endure the smell any longer, Zeldaris burned the corpse into ashes.

“Well, that takes care of that. We should go back and report what we found, although I am not thrilled to hear what the mayor has to say.” Zeldaris said he didn´t want to go back to the village.

“I know how you feel, I also don´t want to go back, but we need to report our findings. That is our duty as a mage.” Mirajane said and made a pose, trying to motivate Zeldaris and herself a little bit.

Zeldaris sighed and nodded in defeat.

The two returned to the village, where the villagers were staring at them again.

And like before, the mayor was waiting for them before his house.

“And? Have you gotten rid of the demon?” the mayor asked.

“Nope, when we found it, it was already dead,” Zeldaris said.

The mayor looked a bit surprised by this.

“So, the wounds that we had inflicted on the demon had been enough to kill it. Truth be told we were not sure if the wounds would have been enough. It had escaped into the woods, and we were not sure if it had died, to make sure that it was dead, we decided to put up a request for the mage guilds.” the mayor explained.

Both Zeldaris and Mirajane had to agree that that had been the best option for the village.

If the demon hadn´t died from the wounds then it would have been pretty dangerous to get near it, since it would be like a cornered animal.

Mages on the other hand could deal with it more safely and more easily, so requesting mage guilds was a good idea.

“Nonetheless, we didn´t do our job, so the job will not be counted as fulfilled, meaning that you don´t have to pay us. And we will still hold our word and leave immediately and never return.” Mirajane said in a pure business tone and turned around, not wanting to stay in the village for a second longer.

Zeldaris smiled and followed behind Mirajane, leaving a speechless mayor behind.

As the two walked out of the village, the villagers stared at them the whole time, as if to make sure that they will truly leave the village.

And as they reached the edge of the village a stone came flying toward Mirajane, but Zeldaris easily caught it.

Mirajane sighed, she didn´t need to look around to know what happened and who it was.

A group of villagers had gathered behind them, and all of them had grim expressions.

“I have to say, it took much longer for them to throw rocks at me than I had expected.”

“There is too much wrong with this statement that I am not even going to through all of it now and am only going to say, there is something wrong with you if you find it ok for people to throw rocks at you,” Zeldaris said while face palming with his free hand.

Mirajane chuckled a bit.

“I guess there is.”

“ARE YOU TWO DONE FLIRTING?” yelled one of the villagers, his face was red from both anger and a bit of envy.

Not listening to the demand, both Zeldaris and Mirajane simply went on and walked away.

“HEY! STOP!” yelled the villager again, the others were kind of confused, they knew about the deal that the mayor had done with them, but they wanted to make sure that that demon would never return.

“We will hold our end of the deal, so you guys don´t need to act like this, believe me, we will never return here,” Mirajane said, not even turning around.

“And why should we believe the word of a demon, you may have tricked the mayor, but you won´t trick us!”

Mirajane sighed when she heard this and her shoulders dropped, she was tired of this, she regretted coming back here and just wanted to go back to the guild.

Not wanting to deal with this whole situation for even a single moment longer, she simply ignored the villagers and walked away.

The villagers weren´t sure what to make out of this situation and simply stared as Mirajane walked away, not giving any of them even the slightest glance.

Zeldaris followed right behind Mirajane, but he also clenched his fist, crushing the stone into small pieces.

The villagers didn´t dare to move after that.

Not only were they scared by what Zeldaris had just shown, but they were also not sure what to do.

This whole thing came out of their frustration that the mayor just let Mirajane go like this.

But they didn´t know what to do now, it had taken almost the entire village to mortally wound that one demon, while they were only a handful of people and Mirajane wasn´t alone.

None of them knew that if they would attack Mirajane, Zeldaris would help her, and with the feat he had just shown, none of them had the guts to go against them.

Meanwhile, Mirajane looked at Zeldaris and said, “Thank you, but I think that it wasn´t necessary to do that.”

“Maybe, maybe not, but that isn´t what is important. What I think is more important than going through their bullshit is if you are satisfied with what happened here?”

Mirajane wondered for a moment about it, before saying, “To be honest, I don´t know. I think that I need time to think about it. I was disappointed at what happened in the village and to see what happened to my childhood house… But at the same time, I have remembered from where I came and how much I have changed thanks to everyone in the guild and of course Lisanna and Elfman.”

“Then that answers that,” Zeldaris said and looked into the sky.

Feeling that something was strange, Mirajane also looked into the sky and with a lot of concentration made out the figure of a familiar blue bird.

“How long did you know that they were spying on us?” Mirajane asked as she shifted her stare from the sky toward Zeldaris.

“Truthfully, I noticed it only now.”

“Liar!” Mirajane said not even a second after Zeldaris answered her question.

She also started to pout, making Zeldaris both relieved, that Mirajane is back to her old self, and worried about how he should explain this because he only noticed the bird now.

The bird in question was Pii-chan, a bird that was created through Mickey´s magic, but that wasn´t all because Pii-chan was also holding a lacrima and both Mirajane and Zeldaris didn´t need to guess that the others from the guild had been spying on them through the lacrima.

The only why Zeldaris wasn´t able to notice her until now was because of the low amount of magic power that Pii-chan had been made of and the large distance that she had kept away from them and only now being discovered because she had gotten too close.

“My eyes don´t work like this!” Zeldaris begged Mirajane to believe him.

Mirajane didn´t answer and simply walked past him, not seeing the smile that she was trying to hide.

In the end, Zeldaris had to promise to cook for everyone in the guild, something that wasn´t too difficult for him, not with the amounts of food that he, Aversia, Natsu, and Gajeel devour every single day.

As they returned to the guild, they were welcomed by everyone in the guild, especially Lisanna and Elfman, who threw themselves onto Mirajane, Zeldaris would have also been hit, but he quickly took a step to the side.

The two were extremely worried and were asking Mirajane why the hell she would do something like this in the first place.

Mirajane, feeling warm from how much her siblings were concerned about her, patiently answered every question, and patiently tried to calm the two down.

Zeldaris watched the scene with a smile, or at least he tried, because, for some reason, both Aversia and Erza tried to tease him a bit.

Well, Aversia did most of the teasing, Erza was not able to come up with anything at all and simply felt awkward about it and quickly stopped her attempts.

Zeldaris did not doubt that Aversia had persuaded Erza to do this.

This is why Zeldaris only grabbed Aversia and went inside to prepare the feast that he had promised Mirajane.

 

However, while everyone in the guild was happy that Mirajane came back, things in the shadows happened as well.

To the northeastern part of Fiore, to the north of Clover Town, stood the giant Waas Forest, one of the largest forests in the kingdom.

(AN: Remember where the forest is located, because it is important for that great inconsistency that I mentioned before.)

To the east of the forest laid a giant mountain range.

On top of one of the cliffs from where you could see almost the complete forest stood a young man and a giant snake right beside him.

“Finally, I can hear you.”

 

Hello there, thank you verry much and i hope you enjoyed it. YES, i am finished with my writen final exams and it feels incredible to have it finally over. I only have the pratical part left, but i will be able to post like normal, since i won´t have to go through THREE YEARS worth of material for it. Mostly just the stuff that we do a t the diary that will serve as the testing place. I wanted to post a chapter yesterday as well, but life just didn´t want me, because i had to infect me with something from someone in the school, i don´t want to go into detail, for your sake.

Anyway, from now on, things should go back on track and we will drive right into the next arc, still not entirley sure what to do with it.

But there are also a few things that i wanted to mention. First, on the 18th of may, this ff had been on rank 9 of trends on Scribble hub, with a record on views. And two days later placed on 21th rank. I can not express the joy and happines, not forgetting the shock that i had when i saw that, seriously, i woke up the guy with whom i share the room at school when i first saw it in the morning. I have no idea how this happened but i am forever greatful to all of you, you have my deepest gratitude.

The second thing is that in the manga for 100 years quest, they finally showed some info on the dragon out of which Laxus´s lacrima had been made of and they will probably go more deep into it. SPOILERS!!!! Turns out it was a dragon king! I persoanlly had some ideas on Laxus´s dragon and i wanted to make a bit about it with Laxus, but we will have wait and see what they do with it, i at least am verry excited.

And that´s it for today, i will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

7