Chapter 113: Broken plans
279 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Brain walked through the entire tower and inspected every single slave personally.

Most of the slaves were working on the tower, and as Brain approached them were either warry or afraid of him.

Others were huddling themselves in corners, traumatized by what they had to endure and crying their hearts out.

Brain did not pity any of them, the world was unfair and there was no use to cry over it.

Also, the children he had experimented on had gone through much worse than any of them, not many of his little experiments had survived.

As he inspected them, he noticed that many of them had an affinity with magic, and with a bit of training would be able to use it.

However, most of them had only the average amount of magic power and he could see no signs that they would be able to reach the level that he needed.

His mood became sour, it seemed that this was just a massive waste of time.

Brain´s thoughts continued like this until he found a group of four children with a good amount of magic power.

They were still not at the level that Brain needed but at least he had some hope.

And at the end he managed to find five children that were able to meet his requirements, even better all five of them were emotionally broken, meaning that Brain would be able to manipulate them easier.

And with the five people selected Brain departed shortly after from the tower with the five children.

As for lecturing Jellal, he would do so by using projections, there were ways to give your projections magic power, giving them the ability to use magic as well.

But Brain wanted to focus more on the five children, and over the following years, all five of them had become powerful mages and had created Oración Seis and became one of the most powerful black guilds in the kingdom.

Many dark guilds had become under their command and no one to go against them.

But one day, Brain discovered something by accident, the description of an ancient magic called Nirvana, that could turn light into darkness and darkness into light.

Fascinated by this, Brain and the others of the guild had decided to find it.

After searching for clews for months they had found records about an old town from settlers of the eastern continent that was on the western coast of the country.

However, the area was heavily guarded by the council, so Brain got into contact with the old man from Grimoire Heart and also someone from Tartarus.

Brain offered something that was hardly heard of ever since the creation of the alliance, a joint operation of dark guilds from all three members of the alliance, to open the secrets of the settlers and get their knowledge.

Brain had expected that it would take a lot to get both of the other members to agree, but surprisingly both of them immediately agreed, which made Brain a bit suspicious but he also didn´t care about their personal goals, not when he could get the information about Nirvana.

And the operation was a full success, Oración Seis received the information that they needed, the fact that the dark guilds that had opened the ruins were slaughtered only a few days after opening it, was something that Brain was only mildly interested about.

But that wasn´t important at the moment, the plan was finally coming together.

From the records from the settlers, they knew where Nirvana was sealed and the seal that had been used, but the exact information on how to activate it was with the council.

This wasn´t a problem since Jellal was part of the council, although Brain´s relationship with Jellal was less than desirable, he knew how to play with Jellal.

But even so, they needed to gather their strength and wait for the perfect moment to act.

And that moment was when Jellal revealed himself and destroyed the council, but Jellal had been killed by the mages of Fairy Tail.

Although it wouldn´t be impossible to find Nirvana, it would be much more difficult than without him.

“I will make them pay.” Brain said with a cold tone, promising to kill Fairy Tail after he acquired Nirvana.

 

Back to the present.

“How do I know Jellal? Easy, I was the one that taught him magic, in return, I was allowed to take these five with me. But I don´t think that you will need the rest about him.” Brain said with a smug smile.

Erza looked at the other five members of Oración Seis.

“All of you… Where also there?” Erza asked in confusion, her emotions were in confusion and raging inside her, making it difficult to process the information.

After she had believed to get over what Jellal had become and let her past go, she was once again confronted with it, and in a way that made her question what she knew and believed.

“Sure, we had to go through that hell, all of us had tried multiple times to escape, or were close to falling into despair. But after Jellal started the revolt and Brain picked us up, life changed for the better. But that is no longer important, what is important is to exterminate you!” Cobra said while shrugging his shoulders.

“Although you maggots have crossed our plans, you all will fall here.” Brain said and pointed his staff at the group.

Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Happy looked at Erza with worried looks, they knew what Erza had gone through and were worried for her heart.

However, Erza breathed in loudly and changed her sword into a katana, still in its sheath, that Aversia had given her before Erza and the others had departed.

“I will make you tell me everything you know about Jellal! And one more thing, it wasn´t Jellal that started the revolt… THAT WAS ME!!!!” Erza yelled as she pulled out Ikagura´s katana, causing multiple flying cuts sent toward the members of Oración Seis.

“You are getting to the point quickly, I like that. But I am still faster!” Racer said while dodging the flying slashes with seemingly little effort.

The slashes that flew toward the sleeping boy on the carpet distorted and flew passed him, while he continued to sleep.

Angel stepped behind Hoteye, who in turn gazed at the slashes, his eyes began to glow, and the ground turned soft and moved before him, becoming a wall shielding him and Angel.

“Let me give you some advice for life. Money is everything in this-“

“SHUT IT HOTEYE!!!” Angel yelled angrily.

Angel pulled out a silver key and summoned a robotic sphere with an ‘eye’ in the middle.

Cobra on the other hand was holding his head in agony, he seemed to be going through a lot of pain.

Erza rushed forward, directly at Brain, who blocked the slashes with waves of darkness.

Readying her katana, Erza prepared to slash Brain´s torso, although she needed him to live, anything but Erza could feel that anything that wasn´t serious and life-threatening would be useless against him.

Erza slashed out, but her sword was interrupted by Racer, who appeared out of nowhere and kicked the blade to change the trajectory.

Racer then quickly bombarded Erza with kicks and punches from multiple directions, forcing Erza to stop her attack and defend herself.

The attacks weren´t strong enough to cause her much damage, the problem was simply the sheer speed and the amount of the attacks.

“You’re a bit over your head ‘Titania’, but don´t worry I will finish this fast.” Racer said.

While Racer was trying to defeat Erza quickly, he didn´t notice that a chain of light wrapped itself around his neck.

Erza, who in reality was just about to use her magic to equip her Earth Empress Armor, to make Racer`s attacks useless against her, or use its ability to cover herself with rocks and stones, only to release them, turning them into high-speed projectiles, noticed the chain and stopped her magic.

Anna pulled on the chain and Racer was dragged toward Anna, who in turn had prepared a shield wall for him.

Spears of light were also already waiting for Racer.

However, a laser beam, fired from Angel´s spirit, flew toward Anna.

But Anna didn´t panic and quickly used her light magic to create a shield that blocked the attack, but her concentration was disrupted, and her other spells faded away.

Racer used this opportunity to attack Anna, but a volley of ice arrows and ice dragonflies forced Racer to not only stop his attack but also retreat for the moment.

Gray and Lyon jumped before Anna.

“Leave him to us.” Gray said and quickly created two large swords, before rushing toward Racer.

Lyon covered Gray with ice dragonflies, bevor rushing toward Racer himself.

Racer only smiled and quickly accelerated to the point that both Gray and Lyon were unable to see him anymore.

A split second later, both of them was punched multiple times and fell to the ground.

“Hmph. No one can beat me when it comes to speed.” Racer said, only for the chain to pull him toward Anna again

Meanwhile, Natsu also rushed toward Brain and was only slightly behind Erza.

But Erza was blocked by Cobra, while Natsu was stopped by a cloud of poison that Cobra´s giant snake breathed out toward Natsu.

“So, you were also there… But no matter, don´t expect any gratitude from us.” Cobra said, his face was pale and sweaty.

Erza couldn´t care less about the health of her opponent, she needed Brain to talk now!!!

“OUT OF MY WAY!!!” Erza roared and with sheer physical strength, pushed Cobra away.

Cobra was quite surprised by Erza´s strength, he quickly summoned his snake Cubellios back.

The snake had a hard time dodging Natsu´s flaming attack, so she couldn´t immediately return to Cobra.

“Shit!” Cobra cursed and readied himself for Erza´s next attack, which he could hear.

Dodging the attack at the last second, Cobra was able to counterattack and landed a heavy blow on Erza.

The blow hit Erza on her shoulder, Erza endured the pain and held onto her sword.

Erza filled the sword with her magic power, wanting to use its ability at close range.

As Erza started to move, Cobra´s face became even paler, and quickly tried to dodge, as if he could see Erza´s move in advance.

“I can hear you.” Cobra said as soon as he felt that he was outside the range of Erza´s attack.

Only to realize that Erza had changed the path of her sword to the point that Cobra was still inside the attack range.

(AN: Good luck dodging that.)

Not having any time to dodge again, or to try and prevent Erza from attacking, so he prepared himself to tank the attack.

Erza slashed out sending multiple flying slashes toward Cobra.

While both parties continued to battle, only Brain didn´t participate and watched the battles, that was until he noticed Wendy.

Surprised, Brain stared at Wendy for a moment before pointing his staff at her.

 

Hello there, thank you very much and i hope you enjoyed it.

Last week, i wasn´t able to post anything because i had been invated to a birthday party from an old friend of mine that i hadn´t seen in a few years. And the next day, my while body was sore to the point that i mostly just lied in my bed, don´t ask me how that happened, i hve no idea.

Anyway, there is also something that i wanted to discuss. In the last chapter of 100 years we got the official reveal of alchemy in FT. At first i was like 'ok, cool'. Over the next few days i saw some discussions about it and saw that there was a good portion of people that weren´t happy with that, for example saying that it was lazy and that that there were enough types already.

Of course there were also many comments that were possitive about it, and i also started to think about it, and here is my personal take to it.

Should have been done sooner. Ok, ok, let me explain. Alchemy in general is a part of magic and as it was shown in the manga, this is here the case as well. In a world like FT it makes perfect sense for alchemy to exist, heck in this ff Vulcan is using it as well, kind off...

But we have been shown magic potions and artificial eye that are also magical.

Hell, you can argue that Porlyusica is basically a alchemist. The more that i think about it, the more sense it makes for alchemy to exist in FT.

But that is just my personal opinion. What is your opinion about it?

6