Chapter 118: Dragons vs Demons
210 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aversia rushed toward the captain, the flaming swords flying right behind her.

“HA! The divergence between dragons and demons? Let me tell you, there is no difference, both of them are bringers of death!” the captain yelled and readied his sword.

However, instead of swinging his sword toward Aversia, the captain swung the sword downwards, demonic flames shooting out of it.

Aversia narrowed her eyes and sent her flaming swords forward, to pierce through these demonic flames.

Both the flaming swords and the wave of demonic fire collided with each other and for a moment both stopped moving, shocking both Aversia and the captain.

“How? How is this possible?” the captain yelled in surprise, while Aversia put more of her magic power into the swords and simultaneously swung her sword as well.

The flames that formed the swords erupted as they received the extra magic power and cut through the demonic flames, forming an opening for Aversia´s sword to reach the captain.

Stunned by what he saw, the captain was too late to act and could only try to block Aversia´s sword.

The two swords clashed to gather and the odachi cut through the ancient sword and sent the captain flying, the difference in strength had been simply too much.

Not giving her opponent a chance to gather himself, Aversia unfolded her wings and flew after the captain.

In just a couple of seconds, Aversia had caught up with the captain.

“[Chaos Dragon´s Iron Fist]”

With a flaming fist, Aversia punched the captain into the ground.

The ground cracked around the captain.

However, Aversia wasn´t finished.

“[Dancing Lights: Fire Dance]”

Multiple small lights appeared around the captain and began to move in a circle.

Faster and faster until they combined and became a giant fire tornado.

The captain tried desperately not to be sucked up into the air by the raging tornado, but even the ground around him was sucked into the air.

And while he rose into the air, tongues of flames repeatedly emerged from the rotating walls of fire, burning the captain.

Aversia flew over the flaming tornado and looked at the pitiful demon.

“Compared to four hundred years ago, you have changed a lot, but so have we. I and Zel are no longer the crying children that you guys captured all these years ago. Let me show you how much I have changed.”

Aversia flew into the eye of the tornado and right toward the captain.

“[CHAOS DRAGON`S IRON FIST]”

Again, Aversia punched the captain, however, this time, Aversia used her full strength.

The armor broke into tiny pieces and Aversia´s fist went straight through the body of the demonic captain, who could only scream in pain.

Both Aversia and the captain continued to fly downward and quickly approached the ground.

As the captain crushed into the ground, the ground beside the crater cracked and pillars of grey flames erupted from the ground.

“This is the difference between a dragon and a demon.” Aversia said as she looked at the remains of the captain, or at least what you could call his remains because only ashes remained of the demon.

Her golden eyes did not pity the demon, only rage.

“You haven´t changed as much as four hundred years ago, you are still as foolish as back then and just as stupid. Rung… When I will meet you again, I will kill you with all of my wrath.” Aversia said and flew into the sky, not giving the ashen remains a second look.

Zeldaris on the other hand stood before the demonic soldiers, the flaming dragon flying right above him.

The demonic soldiers rushed toward him; their swords ready to slice through him.

Zeldaris sneered at this and sent the flaming dragon toward them.

Moving much faster than the soldiers had imagined, the dragon arrived upon them instantly and quickly devoured one of them.

Zeldaris moved as well and summoned his weapon, a halberd.

The two-handed pull arm had an ax blade beneath the spear tip and a spike on the other side of the.

Made completely out of metal, the halberd had tremendous weight, but in Zeldaris´s hands, it was as light as a feather.

With the weapon in hand, he rushed toward the first opponent, who was still in shock after seeing his comrade being eaten alive.

The demonic soldier reacted only when the ax blade was already upon him.

The ax cut into his neck but became stuck halfway through, Zeldaris had underestimated the durability of the body of a demon and didn´t put enough strength into his attack.

Of course, the soldier wasn´t dead yet and screamed in pain, bringing the others out of their shocked state.

The soldiers quickly acted and split into two groups, one that focused on Zeldaris, the other on the flaming dragon.

Zeldaris grabbed the weapon closer to the head and grabbed the head of the screaming soldier.

Using his full strength, Zeldaris ripped the head from the soldier and threw it and the body toward the soldiers and rushed toward them as well.

Thrusting out, Zeldaris impaled the closest demonic soldier and quickly threw him toward his comrades.

Two soldiers attacked Zeldaris from left and right.

Instead of trying to evade or block their attacks, Zeldaris simply stabbed the spear tip of the halberd into the ground.

“[Territory: Phalanx]”

Spears made out of grey flames erupted from the ground and impaled the soldiers.

Pulling the halberd out of the ground, Zeldaris rushed toward the opponent.

Meanwhile, the flaming dragon had already killed almost all of his opponents, either by ripping them into pieces, burning them alive, or swallowing them whole.

The weapons of the soldiers would simply pass through the flames that made its body melt.

Their demonic fire wasn´t strong enough to compete with the flames of chaos.

Simply touching it was enough to burn them.

The remaining soldiers had lost their will to fight and tried to run away.

Zeldaris saw how they tried to flee and thought that it was about time to finish this, he had wasted enough time with them already.

So, he flew into the air and engulfed both of his hands with his grey flames.

“Although all of you deserve don´t deserve a quick and painless death, I don´t have much time to waste on you. [Chaos Dragon´s Brilliant Flame]”

Bringing his hands together, the flames combined and became a giant fireball, which he threw downward.

The flame dragon moved in a way to steer the fleeing soldiers back into the active range of the attack.

As the fireball hit the ground, it erupted into a giant explosion that blew everything in the surrounding area into pieces.

The remaining demon soldiers died immediately, there was nothing left of them.

 

Not far away from where Zeldaris and Aversia were fighting against the demonic soldiers, the battle between the dark guilds and mercenaries under Oración Seis against the legal guilds and the Rune Knights came to an end.

The morale of the dark guild members had been broken and those that could still move were trying desperately to run away.

The Rune Knights rushed after them, trying to imprison as many as possible, some had also departed toward the great forest to fight against and arrest Oración Seis.

As for the members of the legal guilds?

They were exhausted and didn´t even try to go after the escaping dark guild members.

Quatro Cerberus had been in the middle of the whole thing most of the time, seeing the enemies retreating, the wild mages of Quatro Cerberus yelled into the sky, before falling onto the ground because of exhaustion.

The other guilds celebrated as good as they could, everyone was exhausted and there were many injured that needed help.

Mirajane, Elfman, Lisanna, Cana, Gajeel, and Juvia were exhausted as well and sat on the ground, Alzack and Bisca had fallen asleep.

“Wah, it finally ended… I thought it would never end.” Lisanna said while panting.

“Juvia agrees, there were simply too many. Juvia had barely any time to think about her beloved Gray.” Juvia agreed.

Cana was already back to drinking, from a barrel that she had from somewhere, nobody knew cared.

“Ara, I thought that it was a good experience. It was a big help to get back into form.” Mirajane said while handing everyone something to drink, she showed no signs of exhaustion at all.

Gajeel grumbled something about Mirajane being a monster.

Almost a fifth of the defeated foes had been defeated by Mirajane alone.

She had raged through the battlefield like a literal demon, scaring both foe and ally alike.

Gajeel was rather disappointed by the battle, sure there had been almost no end of them, however, their strength was somewhat lacking.

None of them had been a challenge whatsoever.

“What a waste of time.” Gajeel said and sighed.

And just at that moment, a loud explosion rang out in the distance.

Everyone looked at the giant explosion that was so big that they could see it.

“Looks like Zeldaris or Aversia are on their way as well.” Gajeel said as he saw the grey flames.

“Juvia hopes that they will take Juvia with them so that she can join her darling Gray.” Juvia said with hope.

“I am more concerned about the enemy that forced them to use so much of their strength.” Mirajane said with a worried look.

“Concerned about Zeldaris?” Cana teased with a smirk.

Mirajane sighed and shook her head, “Of course I am, both he and Aversia are two of the strongest members of our guild. Only the master, Gildarts, and Vulcan are stronger than them. But at the same time, I also have faith in them and everyone else.”

‘You say that, but that slight blush says something else’ Cana thought in amusement as she looked at the slight blush on Mirajane´s face.

5