Chapter 123: Fierce Roar
188 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

/Natsu and Happy repeatedly clashed against Cobra and Cubellios numerous times, each time the two tried to attack their opponents through different tactics or ways.

They tried to attack them from above, from beneath, or any other way.

Hell, they had even tried to use a cover by destroying a house and hiding behind a large piece of rubble.

But every single attempt, every single trick that they tried failed, Cobra simply dodged them all with minimum effort while saying ‘I can hear you!’.

And every single time after dodging their attacks, Cobra countered with an attack of his own, weakening Natsu as more and more poison got injected into his body.

Currently, Natsu was breathing heavily, the poison had taken a large toll on him, and he needed to end this fight quickly.

“AH! DAMMIT IT IS AS IF HE CAN READ MY MIND OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!” Natsu yelled in frustration.

Happy sighed at first at seeing Natsu´s antics but after he thought for a moment about what he had just said, Happy became shocked.

“Natsu! That´s it! Maybe he can read your thoughts. After everything that happened and always saying ‘I can hear you!’, it would make the most sense.” Happy said.

‘Although him always saying that is extremely creepy.’ Happy thought for a moment.

“SO, I AM CREEPY NOW?!” Cobra yelled as he and Cubellios came rushing toward them.

“I DIDN`T EVEN SAY THAT OUT LOUD!!!” Happy yelled in shock.

“Looks like he really can read minds, but there is only one way to truly make sure about it.” Natsu said.

He then looked at Cobra and started to think about one of his favorite jokes.

Cubellios stopped shortly above the two with Cobra looking at Natsu.

Silence enveloped the area as nobody said anything and nobody moved.

Seconds later, Cobra tried to hold back his laughter and not long after that broke out into loud laughter and leaned down onto Cubellios.

Tears formed as he continued to laugh.

“Ha! I knew would get that one!” Natsu said victoriously as he pointed at the laughing Cobra.

“Shit that means he can really hear my thoughts…”

Still laughing, Cobra wept away the tears and tried to calm down.

“Haha… Haha! Ok, that one was pretty good. But now playtime is over.”

And with that said, Cobra rolled up the sleeves of his jacket, exposing his arms.

Suddenly, purple scales began to grow on his arms, his fingers turned into claws, and his arms were transforming into those of a dragon.

“Oh, god dammit, not you are too. Laxus was already enough but now you too? The fact you all can just simply use Dragon Force like this is getting on my nerves.” Natsu said as he realized that what Cobra was using was Dragon Force, but not the form that Natsu used from the village but the weaker one that Laxus also used.

Cobra raised an eyebrow as he heard that Natsu knew what this mode was called.

“So, this is called Dragon Force? I thought it was the ultimate form of a dragon slayer. Seems like you guys weren´t much, to begin with, if this was your ultimate form. Or was it the dragons that were weak?” Cobra said with a smug smile.

Natsu scoffed, if it weren´t for the poison weakening him so much, he would have beaten the living hell out of him for that.

“The problem lies with you, Laxus also had such a weak form. Anyone from the village would have beaten you black and blue for that statement. Especially those two up there.” Natsu said that while pointing toward the two half-dragons that were still trying to break through the barrier.

“Then how about this?! [Poison Twin Claw]”

Cobra slashed out with his claws, covered in poison and a poisonous mist following right behind it, and flew toward Happy and Natsu.

Happy hurriedly dodged the attack, while Natsu seemed to think about something.

“Happy, fly over the snake, and then let go of me.”

“WHAT!? ARE YOU CRAZY!?”

Natsu nodded and said, “Trust me, this time it will work.”

Happy sighed in defeat and agreed.

Happy quickly rose to the sky and flew above Cobra and Cubellios.

“Do it now!” Natsu yelled and Happy let go of Natsu.

As Natsu fell toward Cobra, Cobra looked up and tried to read his thoughts.

However, there was nothing, no thoughts, no plans of attacks, nothing.

“That cannot be he… he…” Cobra stuttered in shock and only realized too late that Natsu had arrived right before him.

Enveloping his legs with flames, Natsu span around with his legs, hitting Cobra right in the face and sending him flying.

Natsu rushed right after Cobra but before giving Cubellios a strong hit on the head, knocking the poor snake out.

Cobra flew into a house and crashed through the wall, landing on the street behind it.

“How is this possible? How can he fight while…” Cobra asked himself, not able to believe what was happening.

However, as if to prove him wrong, Natsu burst through the wall of a house and planted his fist deep into Cobra´s stomach.

For a moment Cobra´s vision became dark, and he spat out a mouth full of blood.

Continuing with his assault, Natsu covered his arms with flames and threw Cobra into the air before unleashing a roar at Cobra.

Natsu panted in exhaustion, he could barely stand anymore.

“This… This should be enough.” Natsu said as Cobra fell onto the ground, his body covered in burn wounds.

Sadly, Cobra was not defeated yet, slowly the poison dragon slayer stood up, and his body twitched uncontrollably.

“How? How can you fight while not thinking at all? How is this possible?” Cobra asked in confusion and looked at Natsu in fear.

“Well, that´s just who Natsu is, he never really thinks about stuff. But even so, that was definitely a new low.” Happy said as he walked out of the hole in the house.

Natsu stared angrily at Happy, he didn´t even have the energy to scream or throw a tantrum.

(AN: The moment that Natsu doesn´t even have the energy to argue or yell, then you know that he is completely exhausted.)

“I don´t care… *pant* I win… *pant* Prepare yourself to meet your maker.” Cobra said and gathered the last of his energy for a final attack.

‘Move, god dammit!’ Natsu yelled in his mind.

‘I will not be defeated here! I will not lose to him!’

Natsu tried to force his body with sheer willpower but it didn´t matter, no matter how much he tried his body simply didn´t move.

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Through desperation or sheer will force, Natsu started to yell.

Happy and Cobra were surprised by his sudden action but as he continued, his yell became louder and louder to the point that you could hear it through the whole city.

Erza, Lucy, Gray, Wendy, and Anna turned around as they heard the scream.

“Natsu?!” Lucy said in worry.

Outside the barrier, Zeldaris and Aversia stopped in the air as they heard it as well, worried look appeared on their face before continuing to attack the barrier, but this time more frantic, more desperate.

Happy and Cobra covered their ears as the yell became even louder and changed from a yell of a human to the roar of a dragon, to the roar of Igneel.

The roar of the king of fire dragons filled the air, forcing everyone in the area to cover their ears.

Many people were covered in fear as only one thought came to their mind, monster.

Anna´s eyes widened in shock as she recognized Igneel´s roar.

Zeldaris´s and Aversia´s bodies shook uncontrollably as their heard the roar, and an image of a raging Igneel appeared in their minds.

For more than a minute the roar continued before getting quieter and stopping.

Natsu fell to the ground, barely conscious.

As for Cobra, he was rolling on the floor, holding his ears in agony, while screaming in pain.

While his magic gave him the ability to hear the thoughts of his opponents, it also made his ears much more sensitive toward loud noises.

And taking a roar from a dragon at close range was more than enough to turn some people def.

Outside the barrier, Zeldaris and Aversia stared at the direction from where the roar came from, their minds blank.

6