Chapter 126: Zero
328 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello there, it´s been more than a month since I last uploaded a chapter.

Yes, I am still alive and yes I didn´t just silently quit.

But where have I been this whole time? Ok, for the first week or two I was simply too lazy and didn´t do much. As for after that, well... I found a job and have been working ever since. I work as a milk technologist. Basically processing raw milk into dairy products. The company that I work for now specialises into the production of milk powders, such as protein powder (Casein), Lactose powder and whole-milk powder. The company, like most of the dairy companies, work in shifts. Which is something that I still need to get used to. I also am still getting used to the whole thing and have been completley exhausted every time I got home. I wanted to post a chapter yesterday but i had to help my father at his work and after that i was just done. 

In the future, my release shedual will be completley unstable because of the shifts. I will probably have to change a few things and experiment with the lenght of the chapters, to see what works best.

But that is that, onto the chapter...

 

 

“So, you are Brain.” Zeldaris said as he rushed toward him.

Brain tried to cast his Dark Capriccio at Zeldaris but was interrupted by Erza who swung her sword toward his head, forcing him to dodge.

“You bitch!” Brain cursed and tried to hit Erza with his staff, but it was already too late.

Zeldaris arrived before Brain and struck out with his claws.

Blood flew through the air as Zeldaris´s claws cut deep into Brain´s body.

“How disappointing.” Zeldaris said as he burned off the blood from his claws, he had no time nor any patience to play with him, not in this situation.

Brain stood still for a moment before falling toward the ground as blood gushed out of the wounds.

Seeing their leader being defeated in just one move, the remaining dark guild members became quiet for a moment before running away as quickly as possible.

On the other hand, Anna and the others sighed in relief, the battle was finally over, and not too soon.

Zeldaris walked toward Wendy and Anna, as Anna noticed him, she became nervous.

At the beginning of her travels, Anna had promised to visit him, Aversia and Vulcan at least once a year or write a letter, but she never did.

After finding Wendy and the Cait Shelter guild Anna had kind of forgotten to go back and inform them, mostly because she didn´t want to leave Wendy alone and she couldn´t take Wendy with her because the journey would have been too long and too dangerous for a five-year-old girl, even if she was a dragon slayer.

And over time, Anna forgot about it entirely until she met Natsu at the villa.

 

Zeldaris arrived before the two and hugged Wendy and picked her up before looking at Anna.

“It is good to see you again, Teacher.” Zeldaris said with a smile.

“*sigh* It´s good to see you again as well… And I am sorry that I hadn´t contacted you, Aversia, and Vulcan over the last few years.” Anna said as all the tension left her body.

“It´s ok, don´t worry about it.” Zeldaris said while letting Wendy down.

“By the way, where is Aversia? It´s unusual for the two of you to be apart?” Anna asked as she looked around, searching for the other half-dragon.

“Yeah, where is big sister?” Wendy asked excitedly as well.

“She used up too much of her magic power with that last attack. And before you ask, she used the one that last time put Aversia into a coma for two days.” Zeldaris explained, causing the two to look at him with open mouths.

“Why are all of Wendy´s siblings so reckless!” Carla said helplessly as she shook her head.

Finally noticing the small white cat, Zeldaris looked at her and asked, “And who might you be?”

“HOW RUDE!” Carla exclaimed angrily.

“This is Carla, she is my closest friend. Carla, this is Zeldaris, my older brother.” Wendy introduced.

Zeldaris wanted to tease Carla a bit before thanking her for looking after Wendy when Zeldaris felt a rapidly rising amount of magic power.

Wendy, Carla, and Anna also felt it and looked toward its sauce, Brain.

“Carla… Take Wendy and search for Happy and Natsu. They are already on their way here and shouldn´t be too far away. Wendy, you need to heal Natsu to the best of your abilities, I already took out the poison magic inside his body. So, it shouldn´t take long for you to bring him back to full strength. Teacher, take the girl and help the others to get away, Erza and I will hold him at bay.” Zeldaris instructed.

He looked at Erza who in turn looked back at him before nodding, both readied themselves.

Wendy wanted to say something in protest but the sheer pressure that Brain radiated was enough to stop her, instead s, he looked at Carla and the two headed off to find Happy and Natsu.

Anna picked up the unconscious girl and quickly headed to Lucy and the others.

Gray also wanted to participate, but he was too tired to continue to fight, which is why he didn´t fight against it as Lucy dragged him with her as she and the others tried to take cover.

“What do you think about this situation?” Zeldaris asked Erza as he arrived beside her, his halberd in his right hand.

“The pressure is suffocating, and it feels as if blades were touching every part of my body. This power gives of similar feeling to that of Jose, only more powerful.” Erza said as she requiped her Clear Heart Armor and summoned the Blade of Dragnof.

“And yet it is still growing…” Zeldaris said as he saw how Brain stood up and his look changed drastically.

His silver hair became wavy, his eyes became blood red, and his skin became pale white.

He was also wearing now a green uniform jacket.

Brain looked at both Erza and Zeldaris and smiled arrogantly.

“Hahahaha! It´s been a while since I could come out. Let´s see how much you are worth, dragon?” Brain said as he rushed toward Zeldaris and pointed his finger toward him.

Both Erza and Zeldaris rushed toward him, trying to hinder him from casting his spell, however, Brain was able to fire Dark Capriccio almost instantaneously and much more powerfully than before.

The spell flew directly toward Zeldaris, who was too surprised to react in time.

As the spell slammed into Zeldaris´s body, Zeldaris was sent flying backward by the impact.

The spell tried to drill itself into Zeldaris´s body but had a hard time penetrating through Zeldaris´s scales, it also lost continuously power because Zeldaris´s body absorbed the magic power of the spell.

Erza was surprised by what happened to Zeldaris, but she knew that something like that wasn´t able to put him down, so she continued forward toward Brain, to stop the fight right then and there.

However, Brain was faster.

Brain stopped supplying magic power to the spell, moved to the side, dodged Erza´s attack, and retaliated with a kick.

The kick landed on Erza´s left shoulder and with a loud thud, dislocated her shoulder.

Erza screamed out in pain as her arm went limp.

Attempting to force Brain away, so that she could try and relocate her shoulder, with a vertical swing.

Brain moved out of reach because his instincts told him that the sword was dangerous.

However, before Brain could make another move, a flaming wyvern came flying at high speed toward Brain, forcing him to move back even further.

This gave Erza the time she needed to relocate her shoulder, over the years that she had been part of the guild, she had suffered many injuries and had dislocated her shoulder often.

Erza bit on her lips and quickly relocated her arm, her body shaking from the pain.

Meanwhile, Brain, or rather his twisted alter ego that called itself Zero, had a hard time in dealing with the flaming wyvern.

The flames of chaos were simply too strong for him.

Zero had to avoid physical contact with the spell at any cost, otherwise, the part that touched the wyvern would be heavily burnt.

However, if it was only that then it wouldn´t be too much of a problem for him, no, the problem was that his spells didn´t have a great effect on the flaming wyvern, leaving Zero with nothing that he could use to directly defeat it.

And Zero had already a plan to do so.

Zero moved around the buildings and began to lead the wyvern back toward Erza, who in turn noticed the near coming Zero.

Instead of charging right toward Zero, Era took a stance and began concentrating her mind on the approaching Zero, ready to react to every movement and attack him as soon as he got into attacking range.

However, Zero never managed to get close to Erza, because a claw covered in silver scales came out of nowhere and grabbed Zero by the head, and smashed him into the ground.

Instantly after that, the wyvern arrived as well and threw itself onto Zero and exploded, covering the area in smoke.

Zeldaris emerged from the smoke as he jumped away and landed near Erza.

“Zeldaris!” Erza exclaimed in relief, although she knew how durable he was, she had still been worried for him.

“I am fine, it´s not as bad as it looks.” Zeldaris said as he looked at his right arm.

Erza looked at his arm and her eyes widened in shock as she saw that half of the arm was covered in blood.

“Don´t let your guard down, he still isn´t serious about it.” Zeldaris warned as the smoke vanished and revealed Zero, who was mostly ok but had multiple burn marks on his body.

“I must admit you are much more of a challenge than I had initially thought. I will enjoy tearing you to shreds.” Zero said with a smile.

“Ok Brain, I take back what I said before… You are definitely not a disappointment.” Zeldaris said, also with a smile.

“Brain? *chuckle* I am not Brain! I am the true leader of Oración Seis. I AM ZERO!!!” Zero roared and fired a Dark Capriccio toward Zeldaris.

Zeldaris clad his claws in grey flames and quickly caught the attack, however, this time Zeldaris was prepared for the force behind the spell and was only pushed back a few meters.

“Impressive.” Zero complimented as he fired a second Dark Capriccio toward Erza, thinking that she wouldn´t be able to react in time.

However, Erza was more than able to react in time and a single move, cleaved the spell in two with her sword.

This scene surprised Zero quite a bit and left him open for a moment, and Erza took that chance.

Strengthening her legs with magic power, Erza rushed toward Zero while putting the rest of her magic power into her blade.

And as her blade moved toward Zero´s chest, Zero finally noticed the situation he was in and tried to dodge the attack by moving backward.

The tip of the blade cut through Zero´s clothes, barely touching his skin.

Seeing as he managed to dodge the attack, Zero wanted to strike back but stopped as he saw Erza´s confident smile and the confidence in her eyes.

Suddenly, a line appeared on Zero´s chest before it erupted, and blood flew into the  

6