Chapter 28
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As mom left there was an awkward silence in the house it was around noon so does anyone want lunch? "That sounds good" "sure" "ok" alright the let's go out and get some. "What are you crazy you three are monsters you can't go out like that." As we put on our illusion and now we aren't I say to her.

As we leave the house it was a beautiful day out after an hour-long walk we made it to the dining I look over a Hoshi remember this place it's where we found out about MID. "I remember you could call it our first date." As she winked at me "dude are you and her a couple now" no we are just good friends right Hoshi "y...es..just friend." As she looked away from me we head in.

As we sit down and order our food "so how does these illusion work anyway?" I think Hoshi should explain. "Why her?" kitsune have been doing illusion since they are born and I'm still learning the basics as Hoshi looks at me what I did a little research. "To put it simply an illusion is a magical construction where we bend light around ourselves so it altered the way everyone perceives us in their eyes." "I still don't understand" "ok look at your son now reach out and grab his arm."

As she does her hand pass through it "that is freaky." Then Hoshi made a ball "grab this" as she takes the ball "I can hold it but how if it's just light?" "That the difference between kitsune illusion and witches illusion." "So a kitsune illusion is for use well a witch is for looks" "yes good job."

As the food came out we sat in silence as we ate. As we left the restaurant Jeff asked his mom a question "so mom do you know where dad is?" "You know how that you mentioned it I don't know." As we head around a corner we see a group of men in robes.

"Are those church members" as we look down the street we see them but one of them looks familiar hey Jeff, Mrs.James it's that Mr.James with them? "It is dad but why is he with them?" Wait your mom got brainwashed by the church so would it not have been your dad who did it. As he starts to walk towards us the rest stayed there looking at us.

"Well, there you are, honey, I was starting to get worried about you." "Why is that dear?" "Well you called the church about three hours ago about catching a monster at home but when they came to get it they said you got carried away by a monster." "Well as you can see in fine so you can go home now and relax." "That would be nice but I have a job to do."

"Job? what job dad." "Oh hey, son it's my job to find the monster and get rid of them." Well that nice but we all have to go nice seeing you Mr.James. As we turn to leave "now hold on I need to check you first." Why you know us "yes I do but not her" as he looks at Hoshi. He pulls out an orb as I run at him and smacked it out of his hand run! I yelled get to the park!

As the orb hits the ground it shatters "now that was not very nice Esmond what are you hiding." Wouldn't you like to know as I run after everyone "hey I think we have some monster here my friends!" As he yells to the rest of the church followers as they run after us.

As we make it to the park it was empty the church members catch up to us "now why are four running from us son it's me your father and I'm your husband so why run away from me." "You are no husband to me you brainwashed me." "Shit so you did snap out of it oh well I can fix you again and to top it all off there are three new members to add." "We will never join you father." "Oh, so you're all monster lovers how sweet but now I must kill you I can hear the headline news now four locals killed by a monster and the church killed the monster."

That is never going to happen "how so there are four of you and ten of us and we have the weapons." As they pulled out swords "so sad I have to kill my son and wife but it's all for a good cause." As they start moving towards us we took our illusions down "whole fucking hell your all unholy beast my son is a filthy disgusting creature." "How dare you call our son that" "that is no son of my you can have him and die together with the other two."

I was going go easy on you because your Jeff's father but now as I look at Jeff as his ears are down and crying with his mom hugging him. "Like I care about unholy beasts now die." As they move in Jeff keep your mom safe we will handle them. "Ok, Esmond mom stay near me." "I won't leave your side." As she pets his head I ran at them as I slide under a sword sweep I grab the back of his robe throwing him into the guy in front of me.

I turn a see Hoshi holding two guys by the neck with her tail as they struggle to breathe she threw them at me as they hit the two guys behind me. "Pay attention Esmond" sorry I just never seen you fight before. "That is not fighting that is watching your ass in this fight."

As she runs at two more guys she grabs them by the legs with a snapping sound they scream in pain. As they fall to the ground she spins them around on the ground knock down the last two. "This is how I fight but each kitsune has its own way to fight."

As I turn around all the church members are on the ground some unconscious and others with broken limbs. Not bad for an unholy beast you bunch of stupid asshole cult freak. "You think you have won we are just getting started." As they all stood up and ready the swords again. "How are they standing with broken legs Esmond" I don't know Jeff but I think we need a new plan. As we backed away from them.

"Esmond" yes Hoshi "I don't think we have a choice we're gonna have to kill them." I know I was hoping to snap them out of it like Jeff's mother. "Esmond" as I look at Mrs.James and Jeffrey "if you have to do what you must that monster is no longer my husband and father."

"Haha, you're calling me a monster" "there's more than one type of monster I see that now and Esmond, Hoshi, and my son are more human than you are." "Well, I guess you are lost then oh for the wicked have blinded you with their falsehood I shall cleanse you in the warm light of love from the one true God."

As we ready to fight against them we all felt an overwhelming pressure as the ten church members started screaming. Their body's started glowing as they dropped the swords as the light flew up into the air "Haha now you will all see the truth" that was the last word Jeff's father said before they all vanished their robes lay on the ground empty.

0