A new start
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the day. I hope I’m not going to lie, I’ve been waking up at 6 am for the past week because I’m so excited for this. This is the first time I’m going to get to be away from my family. I mean I’ll have to Skype and email non-stop, but at least I get my own room.

I mean I think no, hope so. If I don’t that’s cool, I get a built in friend. What if they don’t like me, what’s not to like I’m a cool person I know how to make bread. Okay, that’s a lie, I can’t cook at all. I tried once and almost burned down the house, which only got worst when I tired of using magic. Which is why there’s not magic allowed in the house.

“HAZEL IF YOU DON’T HURRY YOU’LL MISS YOUR PLANE’” Mom screamed from downstairs, she has got a really nice set of vocal cords.

I mean that in her singing voice is amazing. I well, I can’t sing a song to save my life. I have no special talents, I can’t hold my breath under water very long, I can’t hold a tune. I can’t cook, and I’m kinda a little bit afraid of the dark.

I mean really half of all the stories you hear as a kid are real. Like Dracula, he’s king of the vampires real nasty guy. Have you heard of the boogieman, dude hides under beds for a reason, but more on that later.

“Hazel...HAZEL” Dean yelled my name in my ear which so hurt by the way. “You would be up here day dreaming.”

“I was thinking which lead to day dreaming,” I said moving away from Dean to grab my stuff that was already neatly packed, by my bed.

Because my mommy packed all of it. Why? because if I did it, nothing would be packed. Thank goodness for her. What I’m I going to do for the school year without her?

“Maybe I should just stay here. I mean my magic, not all bad right.”

“Wrong, its bad worst then Terrible it’s Horrendous, you need to go to this school. Before you set something else on fire or turn dad into another animal.′ Dean had moved in front of me and was holding onto my shoulders.

“Hey, that was only once....” I said embarrassed looking away from Dean.

“Once you and I both know that’s a lie, you’ve done it so much there’s a house bet on..” Dean paused at the end of his sentence, as for dramatic affect.

“Which Animal is Dad Destined to Become next? I’ve got ten bucks on a panda.” He said it, like a game show host.

“Why?”

“Because panda bears are your favor-” Dean started to say while taking his hands from by shoulders, but I cut him off.

“No” I shook my head, “Why, can’t I just stay here?” I could feel the tears starting. “I’ll miss you guys too much.”

“Hey Hazy, don’t cry. We will see you around holidays, and you’re about to make me cry” Dean started sniffling, he pulled me into a hug.

“Are you lady’s really crying, It’s not like she’ll be gone forever,” Sam said crapping all over our brother-sister moment.

Dean and I pulled away from each other, but not before shooting mean looks at Sam. We grabbed all my stuff and headed downstairs. We meet the rest of my family at the end of the stairway. It was only My mom and brothers.

Dad’s on a business trip. He sales things. I have no clue what he sales, but when he talks about it, you can tell he loves his job.

Mom begins to hug me as the boys put my stuff in the weirdly painted taxi. she says ‘You don’t have to go if you don’t want’ with tears in her eyes. I know as will as she does if I want a better hand on my magic I have too. I give her in all knowing smile, which she greatly returns.

I take one last look at the house I grew up in, this old place has been through so much. I’m suddenly pulled out of thought and when I say pulled I mean I’m jumped on by my brothers with hugs.

“I think we have just enough time to tell you the rules” Dean smirks at me. Then glances at Sam.

“No boys..drugs..or..drinking, if you dare came back to us pregnant, life will be over for you.” I gave Sam and Dean really weird looks just as I was about to say something the taxi driver yelled: “We’ve only got a few minutes till your plane leaves!!”

Yelling love you’s out the window and waving madly at my family as they waved back till I nor them could see me again. I sighed sadly and looked out the window again staring at nothing really.

“So where you are you headed little lady?” the taxi driver said with his super deep voice.I may suck at magic and everything I touch, but one thing I know is you never ever tell mortals of magic.

Some say it makes them go crazy, others say they turn into hunter for anything magical for money. Why else would humans what anything of our kind? Some kill us because we’re different from them. There are thousands of reasons why.

“Um, miss.. you alright back there?”

“Yeah, sorry I was just thinking. I’m going to a boarding school” I say smiling at him,

“Why? parents get tired of you.” He replies with a little laugh.

“No,” I said sharply not waiting to talk anymore.

***

We arrived shortly at the airport with ten minutes to spare. while I was getting my bags out of the trunk, I saw hands that were not my own reaching for my bags. I followed the hands to the arms to the face that was my fathers.

In my surprise, I pulled back fast awhile bumping into my dad. who caught me easily. “Sparks, be careful now, you’ll hurt yourself or worst me.” I turn in his arms to hug him but stopped myself.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on a business trip?” I said warily, I didn’t want him to lose his job.

“Hazy, sweetheart your more important then some job” He pulled me into a warm goodbye hug.

“You should go don’t want to miss your plane.” Before I left my dad yell his infamous catchphrase.

“SNEEZE YOU LATER!!”

___

“I’ve never sneezed so much”

Once on the plane, I went into sneezing frenzies. Turns out there’s a plane just for supernaturals. So you could guess what I’ve been doing this whole time.

While on this lovely plane ride, which isn’t even going to Phoenix Arizona. Yeah apparently, while I was getting seated, the plane hostess said to make sure everyone is seated, before we could go through the magical Gateway. This is pretty cool, my first gateway.

I keep getting dirty looks from people on the plane. sometimes sneezing isn’t always the best thing. There was this really cute guy seated next to me, it was all good till I started sneezing. That’s when I found out I was on a supernatural plane.

The cute guy next to me is a were-cat. I wouldn’t know anything about their kind. Were-Cats usually stick to their own. Like werewolf’s, they mostly come in chowders. It’s like a pack, but for cats. If I don’t count witches. A group of witches is usually called a coven. I think you have to be born in one to be a part of one.

However, it’s anyone’s guess seeing how I’ve never meant any other supernaturals. Well, I think at my last school, I think there might have been some, but I never got close enough to check.

When your accident prone, people don’t seem to go anywhere near you.

My plane touched down at 9:30 AM on the dot. I exited the plane as quickly as I could and made my way to the luggage carousel. I was so anxious and excited.

After I got my stuff, started looking for a sign.

It took about 15 minutes to find.

‘Huntington Northwood Academy Students’

I slowly made my way to the dude hold the sign.

“ACHOO!! ACHOO!!” I started sneezing the moment, I was getting close to him. I raised my hands to cover my nose. ’Achoo” When I finally stopped sneezing, I took second to count my sneezes.

Three, three times that’s means I looked up at the fellow standing in front of me.

“You must be Hazel, I’d shake your hand..but” He cut himself off and glanced at my hands.

Vampire.

I excused myself for a few minutes, to go to the restroom and wash my hands. I took a few minutes to collect myself. I glanced up at the restroom mirror, up to see my gray eyes looking back at me. At my 5′11 frame, I was on the skinny side, meaning I had a pretty fast metabolism. Light brown skin, pink and brown lips. Long black curly hair. That’s looked like an honest mess. I now know why people were looking at me weirdly. I quickly reached into my carry on. Looking for a comb.

Mr.Vampire told me to meet him at the car.

Vampire..Vampire.. Vampire

I couldn’t say it enough time to get it through my head. I’m meeting my very first Vampire. Too bad humans don’t know or else I would have tweeted it out.

By the time I got out of the restroom, it was time to head to the school.

Mr. Vampire, by the way, is named Jim, A vampire named Jim. That’s cool.

“Hazel I’m very sure You will enjoy this school.” Jim smiled at me.

“What’s living there like?” I can’t say I’ve heard much about the Academy.

“It’s pretty much like any school, but there’s magic.” He winked at me after he said the word magic.

If I could flirt my way out of a paper bag I might have said something super cool. Like nice tie. Because ties are cool.

“Cool”

0