Chapter 5
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked over to my luggage and laid it down on its side and unzipped it. I pulled out some underwear and walked over to my closet. To see about six uniforms, hanging in there. I pulled the one closest to me. I walked to the enjoining door to the bathroom. There were a couple small and big towels.

__

I hopped out of the shower when I heard my phone ringing. I quickly put my uniform on and throw my dirty clothes in a hamper. I put my hair in a lazy ponytail and I exited the bathroom I had totally forgotten about my phone until it started ringing again. I ran towards my room.

“Hello!” I said into my phone.

“Ash! What the heck? I called like 9 times.” Topher said I checked the call log.

He’d called twice. “You called twice,” I told him a matter of factly.

“Really? It felt like more, anyways Nick and I are coming to check on you in a month. We have some stuff to do here.” I cut him off.

“What? Why?” I asked.

“Ash, You’re in an all boys school. Do you realize how unsafe that could be for you? Anything could happen to you. As your older brothers, it is our job to make sure nothing bad happens to you. We also want to check out the school, and threat any guys that try to get with you.” He said the last part really fast.

“I get it. Is Nick still cooling off? I wanted to show you guys the rest of my room.”

“Yeah, He’s just really worried about you. We both are, just show the rest to me and you can show him later.” Topher said.

I switched the phone to face time. “This is the bathroom,” I said in a really happy voice.

“Woooo,” he said, acting really excited for me. I turned the camera to the hallway and went to the living room and kitchen. Topher awed and wowed at everything I showed him.

“Is that a ninja?” He asked when I had just finished showing him what was inside the fridge. I wanted him to know I wasn’t going to starve. “Yeah, My friend Riley drew it,” I said with a smile.

“hmm”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“Whatever, that wasn’t a nothing sound.”

“Do you like like this Riley?” Topher asked me. In all honesty, I hadn’t really thought about it. I mean was he cute sure I guess but I wasn’t in school for dating.

“Nope.”

“Kay-kay, Ash follow my instructions. Go get the bread, and bacon lettuce and tomatoes. ” Topher ordered me. I followed what he said.

“So, how do you plan to eat this?” I asked as I made the sandwich.

“It’s not for me silly.” He said with a laugh.

“Then-”

“It’s for you, Ash. You probably haven’t eaten yet today.” He was right. I totally didn’t eat anything. I wasn’t really thinking about it.

“Put something nice tv and enjoy the sandwich, Ash-bear. I love you” I said

’I love you back” before hanging up. and heading to the couch to watch some tv and eat my BLT.

_____

“I’m having second thoughts about this,” Pete said, as we stopped in front of a door. I glanced at him in disbelief, how dare he hype this up, and act all mysteries like we were about to do something really bad.

“It’s just the guys can be a bit rough.” He said, scratching the back of his head, and looking at me unsurely.

“Pete, I grew up with a brothers. I can handle this.” I said with a smile,

“I guess.” Pete looked unconvinced and looked away from me to open the door.

“You should probably stay behind me.” He said about to go first until I pushed him out of the way and went on ahead.

I was walking in a pretty dark stairwell, that only seemed to get darker. I stopped to look behind me to ask Pete. How he’d probably even try to navigate down here, but all I could see was darkness, I decided to stay put since he was probably behind me a couple of steps. I stood still for like 5 minutes til I was blinded by a strong light.

“I’m blind!” I shouted with my hand’s quickly covering my face.

“Could you be more dramatic?” He asked me, the light was coming from his phone so, he could see his way down the stairs. Now I know why he said to stay behind him it was so he could guild me on the way.

I fell to my knees and wrapped a hand around my eyes and the other around my neck. “Ash, are you okay,” Pete said sounding really concerned about me.

Aww, that’s so sweet.

“Thy light has blinded me, Thy shall never see again,” I said as dramatic as I could. I made sure to cough a little to add to the act.

“I can’t believe you right now.” He said looking at me.

“What and ever, Your the one who asked if I could be more dramatic.” I got up and dusted off my knees.

“Lead thy way, sir,” I said pointing in front of me. Pete rolled his eyes at me and continued down the stairs with me following him.

We were walking for about ten minutes, when we started to hear groans coming from a door we stopped at, the door looked pretty normal, I was about to reach for the door handle when Pete grabbed my hand to stop me.

“What now?” I asked rolling my eyes at him.

“Safety first.” He said to me as he handed me a black onesie thing and a helmet.

“What?” I was now more confused than ever.

“Put them on over your clothes the more padding the better.” He replied as he went to go put his on, I followed his instructions and did the same.

To say it, didn’t feel weird would be an understatement. Another weird thing is that I’m a little cold. Like how am I cold with this many layers on me. I was checking out the outfit when Peter asked me if I was ready.

“Totally.” I said he handed me a large gun and said “laser tag.” with a chuckle.

Now the padding made sense. “Team?” I asked before he fully opened the door.

“Nope, just get as many people out as you can.” He said ducking down. “Get ready to run Ash.”

He opened the door and ran in without a single glance at me. I guess this mean every man for himself or should I say herself. I ran in after him, but going a whole different direction, So, I wasn’t following him, I got behind a half wall, and looked up to see some loser with his back towards me. I aimed my gun at him, hitting him in the back and quickly ducking down so he wouldn’t see me.

“Damn.” He said, well I’m assuming since I can’t actually see his face. One down, only something to go, I should have asked Pete how many people were playing. It’s too late now. I looked up from my hiding spot and to check my area, to see if the coast was clear. I decided to move from my spot it’s always dangerous to stay in one spot for too long.

0