14
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The stairs lead them to a spacious area, it looked like an old retail store clothes were hanging up and folded on tables. This building didn’t look as bad as the others we had seen the bomb probably wasn’t close enough. Will’s the first one to step off from the stairs and into the room, he has a confused and concerned look on his face, he quickly turns to Jefferson and make a gesture that the two of them should be careful, Jefferson nods in agreement the two slowly move more into the room. 

The two of them stand still for a few moments, just listening to the quietness of the store, Will signals Jefferson to the left and he goes to the right. Jefferson nods a bit and turns to the left, the camera then proceeds to split in half into two separate screens, so we can watch both Will and Jefferson at the same time their both turned so they’re backs facing each other.

“3...2...1..” Jefferson counts down and when he gets to one both he and Will start running in opposite directions, Will grimaces a bit while running, and makes a painful expression he wraps an arm around his waist and picks up his pace a bit, and runs straight into something, Will falls on his butt and groan looks up to see Hawthorne.

Shit.

“Oh shit,” Will says as Hawthorne looks down at him with a bored look on his face, he lifts an eyebrow at him as if he’s expecting Will to get up. “Just to it, I’m an easy target,” Will says not even attempting to get up from his position, he sighs and looks away from Hawthorne.

I glanced over to Jefferson’s screen to see him turning a corner and running straight for Hawthorne, he jumps and lifts his leg to do a flying kick sort of thing, as Hawthorne is distracted with Will, but I guess he wasn’t that distracted as right before Jefferson's foot could connect with Hawthorne's face. Hawthorne caught it in both his hands and twisted away from him. 

“Are you kidding me?” Someone from the audience says in disbelief.

“Yes! Jefferson! Show them what it means to be one of the seventeen! !” Someone else says while clapping their hands,

"Wait isn't Hawthorne part of the Seventeen?" Someone else questions confusion deep in their voice. The question goes unanswered as, 

Jefferson catches himself with both hands so he doesn’t land on the floor and proceeds to twist his body and kick Hawthorne with his other foot, the kick hits Hawthorne in the face. Will lays on the ground fully and rolls out of the way, and closer to the way Jefferson came, Will starts to dismantle one of the clothing racks and to give himself a weapon. I look back at the fight and see Jefferson with his fist up and Will comes up to the left side of him with a sliver stick from the rack. 

"We seriously about to do this?" Will says to Jefferson, positioning himself into a fighting status as well. 

"Unless you got a better idea," Jefferson replies to him, it takes Will about two seconds to throw the silver part of the rack at Hawthorn and yells "Run!" And running the other way to the store's entrance pulling the door open and being the first victim of the tornado. Jefferson mouth just drops as he watches Will get sucked up from the ground and up into the sky 

"Let me guess neither one of you idiots noticed the store is shaking," Hawthorne says trying not to crack a smile at the fact that Will literally walked straight into that. He looked better when he had a smile on his face. 

"Say I if you don't notice the stores shaking." Someone from the audience says sounding a bit embarrassed that they even have to ask this question. Most of the audience and I say "I" and then burst out laughing. 

When the shock wears off of Jefferson, he slowly turns to Hawthorne and opens his mouth to say something but Hawthorne cuts him off "Jefferson, you were running you should have noticed that you weren't running on a smooth surface." He shakes his head at Jefferson a bit and bents down to pick up the sliver stick Will had thrown at him 

"If you want to start fighting I won't stop you, though I think we should figure out a way to get to the salon. That's where everyone else." Hawthorne says walking over to a window. Jefferson looks at Hawthorne with pursed lips and tilts he head at him rolling his shoulders and cracked his back. 

"I should really avenge Will," Jefferson says and runs straight for Hawthorne once again. 

"Avenge? The tornado took him out." Hawthorne says as tosses the stick to the side and throws a right punch at Jefferson, 

"Yeah, only because he didn't want to fight you." Like the answer was obvious he catches Hawthorne's right hand before it hits him and tries to twist it. 

"You guys attacked me! Also, I don't twist that way." Hawthorne said sounding a bit frustrated as he kicks Jefferson feet from out under him as Jefferson lets go of Hawthorne hand and falls back, Hawthorne grabs Jefferson by the collar of his suit and starts punching him in the face right about as it looks like he's about to finish him off with the final punch. A beeping noise starts to go off. 

"I don't have time for this," Hawthorne says to Jefferson, and lets him go and grabs the stick once again, and throws it at the window, the window shatters and Hawthorne jumps out leaving Jefferson bloodied on the floor. 

"What's the beeping noise?" I asked no one in particular. 

"It means they've got 20 minutes to end this." The guys to the right of me say keeping his eyes on the screen, I glance at him thinking about asking him how he knew that but I thought against it as this probably wasn't his first Della. I looked back at the screen to see the camera had switched to a group of five guys I've never seen, wait just a minute scratch that Mr.Carter the gym teacher is leading them, I must have had a weird look on my face because the guy to the right on me start talking.

"They sometimes like to add a veteran player." He said in an annoyed tone, and continued "he's going to be a pain to beat." With that, he leans forward in his chair looking intently at the screen. I can't imagine an actual teacher going all out on a bunch of high school students. 

The group is currently standing in the lobby of the salon, Mr.Carter orders two of them to stay where they are while the rest of the group goes up the stairs 

"You're kidding, right? The tornado is almost at the front door and you want us to just stand here." A guy says in disbelief the right corner of the screen says his name is Allen, the guy staying with him opens his mouth to say something as well but the Carter cuts him off.

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" He says giving off gym teacher energy, he's not even talking to me and I feel like I'm the one in trouble here, the two boys look at each other, and mutter apologies, and stood as far away from the door as possible, Carter gave them one last look then. He and two different boys walked up the stairs onto the second level of the building, where he made Lance and Jake both the same direction while he took the opposite way. 

The camera stays in position, and a question pops up on the screen. asking the audience and me which person the camera should follow unlike the other times this questioned is timed we have 60 seconds to pick either the boys or Carter. 

I think about pulling out my phone in voting but I didn't want to deal with Rave the creepy A.I. I watched as the people around me scramble to pull out their phones and vote. When the 60 seconds had finished counting down the results were something I hadn't even expected everyone had voted for Carter.

"As you voted so it shall be." Lark's creepy voice said from somewhere. I felt a shiver run through my body, that guy is seriously creepy, and for what reason. The camera starts following after Carter, he's walking out at a very average pace not fast not slow he has two blades in each hand, his eyes seem to be scanning the area very carefully, he stills for a minute as if he's trying to hear something, he decided to open the door closest to him. 

Oh shit. Is that? 

 I start to realize the room he's about to walk into is the same room that's Max in, I guess this part of the saloon is just super fucked up, But what I don't get is how come the hallway isn't that bad but the room is all messed up. I didn't realize how big of an idiot I am the bomb was outside so of course, the bomb would hit the outer parts of the building and not the inner parts mostly I'm guessing I have no idea, I'm 16 I have no idea how bombs work. I mentally rolled my eyes at myself. I could be so distracting at times.

0