Chapter 3: Looter Last day
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of a battle-scarred field, there a girl scraping around collecting scrap. She is not the only one, there are more people like her scraping around the mud and oil searching for stuff left by the battle that has happened yesterday. The girl's name is Barret, she was with the AS like the other who is on the field right now. AS has won the battle and has pushed the other side the Evolve to the other side of the mountain range.

Barret and the others are working now as Looters. Collecting scarp and other useful stuff from the field and sell them to Techno Arvaris for a small fortune. But sometimes one of the fallen soldiers isn’t dead yet. If the soldier is from Techno Arvaris the Looters must report them to the station overseers near the post.

“ Hey! AS Survivor here!” Shout one of the Looters.

Not long after that some of the overseers came over and brought medical equipment with them.

“Looter thank you for founding one of our soldiers, you will be rewarded accordingly,” said the overseers while tending the injured soldier.

“Thank you, sir!” shout the looters, while smile ear to ear.

From afar Barret watching them, looking at the man who found a “jackpot” from this bloodied field. If she the one who found the survivor she could get through the month without any difficulty. It’s pained her heart’s with jealousy but she has to keep going. Not long after that, she found something moving among the pile of corpses and machine.

‘This my chance!’ Think Baret. She began to drag away some corpse to dig the survivor out. But she suddenly stops when she saw the survivor.

‘?!’ before she could think her body move, crossing her arm in front of her body and activate her pocket shield as she braces for impact. A big torrent of flesh sprung from the ground colliding with the pocket shield barrier. Heavy pitch sound reverberated in the air and Barret got launch into the air.

‘This is the worst, has my luck finally run out?’ think Barret while she came flying into the air.

Then gravity calling her back down. And she notices something a miss, the pocket shield battery has run out.

‘SHIT!!! I FORGOT TO CHARGE IT!’ she began to panic.

As she falling to the ground a solution suddenly pops out in her mind.

‘there no other way’ she cut her palm with a pocket dagger was used for striping parts from the fallen soldier.

Azure blue blood starts dripping from her palm, and she starts squeezing the pocket shield with her wounded hand. The blue blood starts moving around the pocket shield. And the blue blood starts shining with a pale light.

‘PLEASE CHARGE FASTER!!!’ her face becomes pale.

The barrier around her starts reconstructing,  but she already close to the ground and she came crashing making a crater around the crash site.

“AAAGGGGHHAAAHHH!” she screams and she almost fainted because of the pain. 

And then She sees her body condition, her left shoulder is got dislocated and her skin torn open. She could see blue blood dripping from her shoulder and could feel unbearable pain from it. She grits her teeth, her vision becomes blurry and her skin becomes more and more paler as blood drips from her open wound. With quick thinking, she grabs a nano-spray from her pocket with her bleeding right arm and sprays it to her left shoulder. The bleeding has stopped and her skin starts to re-grow back. But her dislocated bone didn’t snap back.

‘this is going to be ex…’ before she could finish her thought another torrent of flesh come came at her. She dodges to her right, but her left shoulder got hit by it. The blue blood burst from her left shoulder spraying the ground again.

‘IT JUST GOT HEALED!!!’ she sprays her left shoulder again with the nano-spray. but the she runs out of liquid "DEMIT!"

her pocket shields finally  charged and the barrier around her has become a full-dome surrounding her. The torrent of flesh got retracted to the pile of crops from where Barret found the survivor. And then she sees a humanoid figure standing on top of the corpses. And there she sees a figure of a man with both arms swells with muscle and shaped like a bat-wings with sharp bone on each end of the wings. Barret knows thas he is a soldier for the Evolve faction. Soldier form Collected Mind.

There are some scenarios when an AS Looters founds an Evolve soldier survivor, scenario one the Evolve soldier could surrender to the looters and become war prisoner or, scenario two where the Evolve soldier will try to run back to the Evolve territory. And the worst one is scenario three where they fight to death and kill every Looter or anybody in sight.

And Battet think that this is the third scenario. As an AS Looter, Baret needs to report her founding to the overseers as soon as possible. but after looking around Barret found the other looters have activated their pocket shield and cower in fear.while The overseers already called for reinforcement and one overseer is running towards Barret with Medic sign at her back.

As the overseer running towards her, another battle has been started again. The overseers try to stop the Evolve soldier from rampaging by shooting the wall of flesh with Cryo-Rounds to freeze The Evolver. But the wall of flesh suddenly starts to pulsing with bright red light and starts to emit Steam around it. The wall of flash starts to un-freeze and began to attack the overseers.

Finally, the overseer who has been running towards Barret has arrived.

“Tell me where you got injured!” asked the overseers while preparing her medical equipment.

“My left shoulder got hit” while showing Barret's left shoulder to the overseer.

The medical equipment has been set up and a stronger barrier then the pocket shield has been activated. Barret turns off the pocket barrier and began to sit on the ground.

“let me scan you” and the overseers start to scan Baret’s body from top to bottom with a Body scanner.

After the scan finishes the overseer said “ well your shoulder has been dislocated, your blood and nano-machine have been decreased to the bare minimum and it seems that your left shoulder skin cannot re-grow with normal nano-spray. Let me reallocated your bone and replenish your blood, this going to be hurt a lot so take this”  the overseer gives Barret a piece of silicon block, and then Barret bites it with her teeth.

Then, the overseer grabs a nano-Injector and stab it to Barret’s heart. Barret could feel the blood and nano-machine rushing through her vein. And after that, the overseer grabs her arm and shoulder and forcefully reallocated her shoulder, with a swift movement she sprays Barret's shoulder with a Nano-spray around her missing skin making it re-grow. This activity only lasted within a minutes but it feels like an hour for Barret.

“Thank you, mam. Is this going to be on my payment check out?” asked Barret while feeling down after thinking that now she is fully healed without any pain or scar left on her body.

“well yes, this stuff is not cheap but don’t worry you are the one who discovers the Evolver, so the medical bill will be cut from the discovery payment ,” said the overseer while repacking the medical equipment.

Barret sees the battle that’s has occurred not far from her. The battle is not in the AS flavor. The overseers got push back. and then she saw some thing flying here.

“INCREASED THE BARRIER OUTPUT NOW!” shouted Barret. A bone-shaped spear fly towards them.

The overseer responds by increasing the output of the barrier immediately. The barrier and the bone like spear clash, the barrier got cracked and the bone like spear shatter.

“This is a military-grade portable shield, we are not dealing an ordinary soldier, by his looks and mutation, I'm certain that his a Juggernaut Type Evolver, this is going to be tough” said the overseer, and she restores the crack from the barrier by charging the portable shield.

“ Looter,  I need to get out of here, I'm the only medic on the base right now” said the overseer and then she continue “ that juggernaut seam has resistant toward Cryo-type attack, and we only have Cryo-Rounds units at this station at the moment”

‘one bad luck after the other…’ think barret.

Casualty starts appearing on the AS side. Some Looter got hit by the stray bone spear and died instantly while some overseer got taken out by the torrent of flesh.but The evolver suffer some injuries too, some of his body got frozen and it began to crumble.

“UGGGAAAA!!!!!” The Evolver scream and suddenly emitting a big red glow from his body. His body began to steam, no his body burning with red flame.

“MAXIMUM OUTPUT NOW!” A big explosion of heat has erupted with the evolver at the center destroying the ground and shattering all of the low levels pocket shield barrier along with the user.

Barret and the overseer survive the attack but their portable-shield has run-out of power and cannot be activated for awhile. But the evolver isn’t in good condition either, his body mass has decreased by half, and hi lost one of his arms. Suddenly the Evolver starts to move towards Berreta and the overseer. The Evolver running at them with his bone claw at the front ready to ram them. Barret grabs her pocket-Shield and gram one of the nano-injector from the overseers backpack. Then she activated her pocket-shield barrier and braces for impact. The bone claw and the barrier collides with the barrier and the barrier shatters, but she manages to alter the bone claw trajectory, the bone claw stabs Barret left shoulder digs into into her flesh. With a swift movement, Barret stabs the evolver with the nano-injector and injects the blue blood to the Evolver. She kicks the Evolver to make a distance and to pull out the bone claw from her left shoulder. From behind Barret the overseer runs toward her and the overseers began to spraying some high-grade nano-spray onto her left shoulder, and the wound closes up.

The Evolver start to scream and writing in agony.

“Blue blood can only be taken by Artificial Soul and it will be highly toxin toward The evolver, especially towards juggernaut type,” said Barret.

 “how do you know?” asked the overseer.

 “ …” Barret looks at her palm and didn’t answer.

The evolver Scream starts to die down and the two of them could see his expression it was an expression of regret. And Barret could hear his last words.

“ Aleina…. I m… ..rry... coul… …me…. Ho…”

Barret knows what was he saying ‘ so you just want to be with your loved ones….’ Barret just notices where are they standing. She was blocking the evolver way towards his home. This is a warzone, after all, this kind of event is uncommon but it's happening.

“Hey looter, I need to check if there is any survivor from this mess, and good job on taking down the juggernaut you be rewarded accordingly, ah… I almost forgot my name is Jasmine,” said the overseer while she looking at the battlefield looking for a survivor with her scanner at hand.

“Barret,” said barret still looking at the evolver corpses.

0