Chapter 4: New Contract
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battlefield reignited with flame and once again litter with new corpses. Barret still looking at the Evolver Corpse. From afar she could hear Jasmine shout.

“HEY, Barret! Don’t worry about the last injector you use on the Juggernaut it will be on me, and we should meet up sometime,” after Jasmine said that she continues to scan the area for survivors.

Once again looking at the evolver corpses and she began to remember someone.

“Ursa, I hope you are ok…” mutter Barret, while she began to walks towards the AS camp.

As Barret arrives at the camp, she goes to the barracks and changes her cloth, then she immediately goes to the reporting center. She greeted by a bulky man with that has a lot of cables attached to his head, he is sitting in the back of this room. he calls her to come closer to him.

“Looter M-009, proceed with the transfer” as he gives her a cable that connected to him.

Regular memory check, every slave need to go through this every time they have done their job. Berreta hates for her memory and her thought will be Read like a data log. But she can't do anything because this is protocol. As soon as she plugs the cable behind her back of her head. Her memory for today has been copied, it was never a good experience for her.

“M-009, because of your action today your debt has been reduced by 50,000 chips. you still have 145,000 chips left.” said the man who attached to the wall and gives Barret a pass for the medical bay. Then suddenly a tablet near the man wired man turns on and then the wired man checks the content.

“M-009, it seems that your contract has been bought. Your new owner will be waiting for you in the Body-shop”

“ok sir,” said Barret as she walks toward the medial bay.

‘even though I got paid the worth of 5 months of labor, I still treated as an item, toss around like nobody business, but this is my life now, and I hate my life, but I need to walk forward and get out of this mess’ think Barret as she walks.

 ‘if the past me don’t buy that upgrade I won't be here’ she remembers her poor decision of buying her arm replacement. If she knows it was an illegal dealer and if they know that there was an inspection at the time she goes inside the Techno Avaris city. She won't be here. She won't be in dept.

As Barret arrives at the Body-shop, she could see, there’s a lot of Artificial race body parts store in an orderly manner form limbs to organs. And she can see each part is a military-grade part. As she walks inside the medical bay she could see Jasmine picking some parts. And then Jasmine notices Barret and greets her.

 “Well this is surprising,” said Jasmine, as she looks at Barret and beckons her to sits near her.

After that barret walks toward the sit near Jasmine, and sit there. Barret can't believe that her new owner is the one she just meet.

“So, you are my new owner right now?” said Barret, with a hint of despair.

“Yes, I’m your contract holder right now,” said Jasmine.

Jasmine began to put the body parts that she has been selected in the table in front of them.

“here some upgrade that I will be implementing on you,” said Jasmine.

Barret could see that each of the body parts are new and expansive. She couldn't even tell what company manufacture these parts at all. And then she notices something.

“So, you buy me to become a test subject?” ask Barret.

It's not uncommon to have dept slaves to become test subjects in this wartime. Every slave has its merit, some could become disposable soldiers, some could become cheap labor in the factory, but the most beneficial one will be in the laboratory. Where they could just replace their body parts however the scientist wants. Whenever the original parts got broken by accident or want to test new technology on a live subject.

“yes, and no, yes, you are here for becoming a test subject, and no I didn’t buy you my boss did,” said Jasmine and then she continues as she points at the body parts “ I want to upgrade all your body parts into this and then I want you to do some test, and after that, there is some job for you to do”

Barret looks at the body parts and she asks ”can I said no to this” and she hopes for an answer.

“of course” answered Jasmine.

Barret's eyes open in disbelief. She has a choice for something this time.

“But, My boss already bought your contract. so if you said no, then we do not have other choices but to return you, and you know a thing or two about returned goods right?” said Jasmine, and then she pulls out a tablet from her bag, and then she gave the tablet to Barret.

“But, since you save my life back then, I will do something nice for you, as a person and not a slave that is. You can see here, this is the contract that boss offer to you, and if there is anything you don’t like you can ask me, Boss permit me to alter the contract so I can remodel the contract as long as it is within her standards,” said Jasmine as she points her tablet.

Barret began to read the contract, her eye opens wider and wider as she continues to read the contract. And she finally asks.

“All of these are true? Full dept clear after 6 months of work, employment offer after the dept clear, and I could keep this advance. No, these military-grade body parts?” ask Barret while she can't believe what she read.

“yes, everything written here is true and the boss doesn't like to brake contract” answer Jasmine while she nodding.

And then Barret remembers her past and feels dejected about the offer.

Reading the expression on Barret's, Jasmine then adds “ hey, I give you something to ease your worries, your skill is very good for you just to become a looter or just ordinary worker, your reflex in the fight with the juggernaut, your observations on the juggernaut attack, with those low-grade tools and body parts you can bring down mid-tier juggernaut, and I can be guaranteed you that you can even become a high-tier general, a one-man army who can bring down a castle. But you won't get anywhere if you keep being a slave working as a looter, boss, and I don't like wasted talent, especially a rare talent like yours” she said this enthusiastically.

“you think very highly of my skills,” Barret feeling dejected, and she continues” do you really think I can become a high-tier general?”

“of course, I sware on the company name,” said Jasmine, while she hit her chest with confidence and with a wide smile on her face.

 

With determination, Barret said “Ok, I will sign the contract, But in I have 3 requests”

“sure, ask away” answer Jasmine.

“The first one, I want to find someone, he is a friend of mine, and I promised to meet again someday,” said Barret, as she looks at her right hand, she continues” Second, I want to keep my right hand and I don’t want to replace it” and then she looks at Jasmine with a serious face” and the finale one who is the boss that you have been talking about”

Jasmine silent for a second and then she said “ the first one, we do have some division working for scouting so maybe we can ask them to search the friends of yours. For the second one, it's kinda trobles me because the arms were a set, but I think is fine for not to change your right arm. And for the finale one,  maybe you did remember her but the boss said that she knows you from when you are small, and she grew up in the same place as you, Her name is Elura, do you remember her?”

“what?” she shocks that the trouble maker that always asking a weird question all the time is the one who buys her. Her dept is no mean cheap, and she buys her directly form the military. ‘what the hell she has become?’

“by your surprise looks, I think you remember her, so are you satisfied? if yes then sign the contract” said Jasmine while urging to sign the contract.

Barret nods and signs the contract.

“now lest beginning the operation.”

0