Chapter 5: City Raid
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Snow, Daughter of Envy

Here I laying on the ground looking at the night sky. The ground feels cold, my body feels cold too. Using my right arm to try to stand up, but something feels off, then I look at my arm, ‘right, I lost my right arm’. Then I notice that a spear made out of bone has impaled me to the ground. I gave up to stand up and look at the night sky again. There I see a shadow of a dragon and a wolf. ‘ fail again huh…., next time for sure it won't be me who is on the ground’ then I close my eye. with that, I died.


I open my eye to see a familiar ceiling, I could still feel my right arm, and my body isn’t impaled to the ground. Then I take a deep breath.  ‘sigh…., the pain still here even though it hasn’t happened yet...’ and then I walk toward my dresser,  there was my face reflected in the dresser mirror. The mirror reflected a lady with shoulder-length silver hair with a crystal embedded on her forehead above her left eye.  ‘welp,  my looks reverting again, time to change,’ I cover my face with my hands, like pulling out a mask I pull out my face, then I could feel my body changing my height change, the crystal at my forehead gone, my hair become blonde, and I have a cat ear and tail now. Then I try my voice “Nyaaa... Nya?.. halo, hello? Perfect!”.

Then I could hear ringing from one of the monitors.

“I’m up” as I said that the monitor turns on and displaying a girl in a maid suit with short green hair form the monitor. “ Anita, why are you calling me this early? I was having a nice dream,”

Then Anita answer “ I am sorry to disturb your dream miss Elura, but this is an emergency. It seems that war at the north, the war between United Mind and Techno Avaris is at is the climax and Techno Avaris CEO is demanding a meeting with you.”

“sigh, tell them that I will be available the day after tomorrow, as I need to greet another guest tomorrow,”  I said while I brush my tail. Then I continue“ it seems that there is another news because you didn’t leave yet, so would you mind telling me now?”

“A message from miss jasmine just arrived today,” then from the monitor a small screen pop up “ from what I read, miss Jasmine and miss Barret are at the Red and Blue rose, and they successfully delivered your letter to the orphanage, this message is written last week” 

“Great! Now, this is a piece of good news!” I said, ‘ ok, this timeline is a nice one’

“Anita, change my schedule, I won't be going to the meetings so send a representative for me, and prepare transportation I need to prepare something today,”

“as you wish, miss Elura” then the monitor turn off.

I change my cloth into a formal suit, and before going out I pick up an antique dagger from a hidden cabinet under the dresser and whisper to the dagger “replica” with that word the dagger change into a fountain pen and I put it in my breast pocket.

‘even though today begins with a sigh, lest end it with a bang!’

Outside of my room, I meet my butler Wilbur, he is a tall guy with red hair.then I notice something.

“Well well well, this is rare, you greet me with your main body and not with your clone. Is there anything wrong with your clone, or the just expired?” I smirk at Wilbur.

Wilbur didn’t even blink at the remark and he said.

“Miss Elura, your breakfast is ready” his tone is flat as always.

“tsk… you are no fun” I said disappointed that my word didn’t go through, then I continue“ forget breakfast! We are going to have fun today!”

“ But miss Elura, you need to eat first, yesterday you didn’t even have diner,” said Wilbur with a serious face.

I ignore him, “ Anita! Announce everyone, that we are heading out! Prepare the siege unit, hive-mind infantry and prepare my mech!” I said as I walk pass Wilbur, but suddenly my collar got grab from behind “ugh!”

“hold it, young miss, you need to have breakfast first” Wilbur drag me toward the dining room.

“Let me go!” I try to free my self from him, but I can’t. “unhand me you mutated freak! I have a city to raid!”

This time he ignored me and keep dragging me.

“HELP ME ANITA!”

 One of the Monitor on the wall turns on, “miss, I will give the order to everybody and I will prepare your mecha. While everything being prepared, please have some breakfast,” then the screen turn of again.

Then I scream again. “DON’T JUST LEFT ME HERE!!!! HELP ME!!” but no one answers me even tough my scream could be heard from the whole building.

‘sigh, karma is a b*tch’

The breakfast wasn't bad.


In the garage on our building, I could see a 4-meter height mecha. The mecha equipped with nothing. The pilot still doesn’t have any plating, there is no shoulder mount, there no external weapons prepare, heck it just looks like your ordinary heavy-duty construction mecha.

“Anita didn’t you said that you will prepare my mecha, I didn’t see any changes to my mecha”

Then a screen near me turn on,” I did miss Elura, I refill the energy crystal, and I clean it”

“yeah but, I'm not going to some construction site you know? We are going for a raid, didn’t I tell you that? Is there a bug in you or something?” I said as I look at the screen.

“you didn’t tell me where we are going, and you did not tell me what do you want with your mecha, how can I prepare it?” said Anita annoyed.

“sigh, fine let me explain it to you. Did you remember that we found an abandoned city in the north of Our city?”

“yes, if I remember it correctly it was an artificial race city” answer, Anita.

“well, it seems that that city has been infested by the undead, so a lot of city inhabitants has been reanimated along with their city defenses, and the city itself is reanimated so you know, so what that means?,” I said that with a big smile on my face, my tail also swaying in excitement.

“It means that I will have a lot of cleans up after this?” said Anita still annoyed.

“….” I sigh “That’s not what is important! We will get a city worth of energy crystal! And we can salvage or even discover some old tech!” Then I continue “ then prepare my mecha for anti-undead equipment!”

“as you wish young miss, I will prepare your mecha and inform everybody to equip anti-undead equipment as well,” said Anita.

Then several drones fly toward my mecha and began to equip it with anti-undead equipment. After a while, the drone finishes with equipping my mecha. My mecha now has a large shoulder-mounted cannon, the legs become 4 sets of legs like a spider for more maneuverability in the ruined city and 2 extra external guns for anti-infantry purpose and a reactive shield.

“ Hmm, something missing” as I said that I jump to the cockpit and then install some music box  inside the cockpit “ now it's perfect!”

“NOW LEST DEPART!” I said with excitement.

“ Young miss, the unit isn’t ready yet” interrupt Anita.

“shit” then I lost my excitement.


We arrived at an open field near the abandoned city. There a screen pops up. There I could see Anita figure still wearing a maid outfit.

“ before you said something you said something, please change your outfit into a proper one” as I said that, the screen glitch and Anita outfit change into a female military suit.

“Miss Elura, let me refresh the plan.”  Said Anita while she broadcast it to every unit, then she continues.”  First of all our main goal here is to clean the city from the undead and we will salvage some tech form the city so we try to keep the environmental damage to the minimum. So here is the plan, first, we need to destroy the city defense so our juggernaut unit and our infantry could infiltrate the city, after the defense down the juggernaut unit will have to kill or incapacitated  every undead unit they encounter and advance toward the city core to destroy the undead city core, and the infantry are tasked for clearing the remaining undead within the city.” Said Anita.

“that’s summarize it nicely” then I said, “ everyone, this city is alive so there will be a lot of resistance and a lot of undead with ancient weaponry, BUT! As long as we can kill this city we can have them all for our self, their weaponry, their land, and their Energy crystal! Every pump your self up and let us kill this city!”  then every unit scream with excitement.

I can't even hold my excitement my tail can't stop swaying.

“ Well then everyone it’s time to work!”

and the city ride begins.

0