Chapter 4: My First Customer
1.3k 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Host. You shall now commence the store opening and bring in the customers.]

"While I am sketchy about this, its better to see how this plays out. I'm afraid that people won't come in."

'Better give them some free trials so they'll experience what 'Internet Cafe' is' I thought to myself as I open the door to my internet cafe. I dress in a way that wasn't too far off from the standards of the locals. 

I'm currently wearing a simple black plain shirt and a brown, baggy pants that made it seem like i'm trying to fit with the commoner's standard look. While it was a bit out of place, at least it wasn't pointing out the obvious flaw that I'm not a native here. 

I've been peeking and getting advices from the AI as I am doubting about this, but having no choice since I'm roped to this now. 

I decided to grab a chair outside and sat next to the entrance of the store and to look for customers to enter my establishment, while I survey the area and analyse this place. 

It was the same settings as what I read in some of Reincarnated/transported people cliché as there wasn't any difference to them other than seeing the reality of it myself as I continue to observe the people and the strangeness of this world. 

"Hehe. Got a big catch of demon boars and it be fetching me some good profit for tonight."

"The basket of apples cost 5 copper coins ma'am. Its a bit expensive since the harvest isn't doing too well this season."

"I hear the knights been quite strict lately. There was a rumour that a thief had stolen some weapons on the armory which kinda enforces a curfew to stay at home early until he's been caught."

Thanks for the AI for helping me translating this world's language to english, I could understand what these people talk about and learn that I'm really in another world right now. 

The people here still faught using swords and while I haven't seen them use any magic, there are still tools that conjure magic which I known them to be 'Magic Tools'. I also haven't seen any beast that differs from my place and theirs but hearing 'Demon Boars' made me imagine a big boar that probably the same size as a small house.

But I was pretty amaze at there are mostly huge people that greatly differs from modern people as while I'm 1.75m, people here are a bit bigger and even larger than me could ever compare. Basically making me wonder if the food they ate or their enviroment helps them develop faster than an average human at my world.

While I am wondering the uniqueness of this world, a few men slowly approached me as they gaze at the store and me and back to my store repeatedly until they wondered and gave a evil smile as they feel like they gonna cheat me out of my money.

"Hey. What's this store called and what does it do?"

Hearing these guys treat me like easy money, I stared at them coldly but I smiled as they were my first customers. I should try to be nice and show them how the 'Internet Cafe' works.

While they aren't polite guys, this is probably a culture difference between us as I should try to adapt to their views and have them see how we 'Filipinos' do our foreign brothers.

"Hello Sirs! The store hasn't have a name yet since its our brand new opening so I apologize if you haven't heard my place yet."

I smiled at them respecfully like they are our masters and have them brought inside as a few more people decided to join in to head inside. While they were quite surprised at the uniqueness of my store and the PCs been placed, I began to teached them a bit on how my place works. I brought the guy to a nearby PC and made him sit as I began to educate him how the PC works. 

"Sir, this magic tool called 'Computers' lets you not only play games, it also allows you to watch movies, teach you numbers and even connect to a universal place called the 'internet', hence this place called an 'Internet Cafe'. However, due to this being new, the internet isn't connected yet so it only has some games, movies and some pre-installed stuff inside to help you out, and if you need help, I'm here to service you."

Booting up the PC and having it instantly load made me surprise at how fast it suddenly booted up. I felt like the system was highly advance but I shook that thought and focus on service my customers.

"Since you are my first customer, I decided to give you a free trial of 15mins of playtime to let you test it out."

While it seems to be a bad market strategy, hospitality comes first before money comes in as the AI didn't question my plan. The guy smiled since I treated him with respect and continue to teach him for a bit before he opens a game. 

24