Chapter 17: Outlast Improved?
599 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Lord who was curious of the game Ferin played, quickly ran towards him as he saw Ferin shaking the Camcorder. While we couldn't his full body, I could guess that his legs were shaking right now.

He was still in the beginning of area as it seem the game had guided him to head to the window and entered there as the door is locked. He was currently shaking but due to his daily encounters with monsters, he seems to have quickly calmed down.

He continues to explore the area until he enters the room where there would be corpse that would suddenly swing right in front of him as he screamed and all of us noticed him then.

He continues his steps but he begins to be cautious on his movements as if he was wary of the area. It seems that not only is the music slowly affecting his mind, but the atmosphere made him think that he really is inside the game and felt like he couldn't do anything to defend himself.

It seems that the AI had completely improve the game which could be seen that even a guard who faces scary monsters would end up like this.

He continues to progress on the game until he meets a guard whom was impaled and was barely breathing to inform him that the lunatics had escape which made him even more scared as he was slowly informed by the game AI how the lunatics work and inform him what they would do if he was caught by them. It seems his mental psyche was wavered a bit as he progress with even more caution than before.

Just then. After squeezing through the gap, he meets a hulking humanoid man named Chris Walker that suddenly grabs him through the gaps and instantly pulls him towards him.

"Hello There Little Piggy..."

"Aaaaaahhh......"

Ferin who was at first feeling confident, was slightly disturbed at the uneasiness of the mansion's inhuman grip on his psyche. Even when he entered and saw the blood and destruction on the inside, he was disturbed and shaken that he had to walk cautiously. Then, when he meets a corpse and meeting a barely alive man who warned him of the incoming danger, he was greatly shaken and felt the grips that it might have not been a normal simulation. It then finally culminates all the fear and terror in his life when he met the first lunatic who the people refer to as 'Variants' and grab hold of him did all the fear be unleashed unto him.

Ferin was just a normal human guard that protect Lord Witshur. While he did say that he faced countless beast and maybe even humans themselves. Yet, even gamers felt so scared when they meet Chris Walker in the game and when the VR system not only projects him into the game world, the AI already had explained to me that it was made it perfect realism and the horror factor went through the roof.

Ferin now knew that he shouldn't be conceited on himself and provoke the Owner into letting him play.

As he was thrown into the lower grounds as the game plot would happened, he quickly searched everywhere to find escape as his life was dependent on it. The rest couldn't even respect their Leader anymore after showing off his cowardly looks except for the Lord who had experience it firsthand.

The game AI explained what he was about to do and head to a corridor where he met a man in a wheelchair and slowly crept up and find that he was unmoving. He quickly proceeds and saw the group of men just standing there motionlessly as he was ignored and quickly progress to get a card from one of the dead security guards.

Seeing that the scary part was just now a rouse for him, Ferin believe that maybe it wasn't scary at all and walk normally back at the corridor where he didn't expect the guy who was motionlessly sitting to suddenly jump at him.

It was at that point that he felt defenseless that he didn't expect the guy to pounce at him.

"Argh! F***er!"

He shook the guy off as he quickly cower in a corner in fear as Ferin too was breathing hard as to what had transpire. 

Seeing that I suddenly remembered that it was almost time, I communicated with the AI to extend the time for a bit and gave an evil grin to let me see what this AI had done to the game...

13