Episode Ten: Dirty, Bloody Hands (B)
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zedd’s Point of View*

She just fainted right after I tried consoling her. “Hey, wake up!” I held her up and carried her, laid her down on the bed and sat down beside her. I picked up all the pillows scattered, even her meter. I managed to fix it up back to her wrist again. Her hands, they’re badly hurt. She really hit the wall hard. Her strength was far way different than the actual one.

I wrapped her arms in bandages and continued on my unfinished business. My thoughts kept on moralizing that I had ‘broke her’. I knew I made a huge mistake in taking advantage of her, that’s why I wanna make things right. I just hope she saw the real me after all those weeks on living together.

I couldn’t get her out of my head… Especially that time when she had put her hand on my chest. I felt this strange feeling that softens every part of me. I felt as if she’s so important to me. She’s… She’s special… So special that this hurt.

I’ve finished working on our brunch and the last thing I could do was to wait for her to wake up.

The scar right on her face made me remember how terrible of a person I was. However, the time when things got changed, same as this shitty feeling that’s so strange, I felt something’s been pricking me inside. Yet this certain feeling was something that should be prevented more than letting it dig down deeper.

I sat down beside her and observed her forty winks. “What have you done to me, Kirstie? You turned me into this. Why me? Why do I have to do this? Why do I feel as if it’s my duty to protect you?”

I knew she couldn’t answer me or even hear me wondering about it.

I held her hand and placed it on my chest. “This is what I feel. I feel as if I have no family and that everyone here in this world thinks I’m a disgrace. I am longing for someone to embrace the real me and that I thought it’s gonna be you. I’m really sorry for what I’ve done to you… I know it’s unacceptable but I-” I sobbed but was cut.

Her hand moved all of a sudden, up until it reached my very face. “Apology accepted.”

I was overwhelmed by those simple words she uttered. Her forgiveness made me be filled with hope of living with purpose again. Nanay, if you were here, you’d be really happy to meet someone like her.

She smiled at me. Then she slowly got up and hugged me. “My instincts are indeed right about you, Zedd. I’ve felt it since we’re back there in the room though at first I highly doubted it… Although it took me my sixth life to know your heart, I think it’s worth it. What you have done back there was indeed unforgivable. But isn’t the anger once planted will grow continuously? I don’t want any bad blood about it anymore. You’ve proved me more than enough, Zedd.”

She also added, “You saved my life tons of times that at first, I thought you only did that because of our deal. But I felt that it’s way deeper than that.”

I was so flabbergasted. Probably, those women I’ve feasted before would come back for revenge. But this woman… She had forgiven me. In any angle or perspective, you couldn’t deny the person’s wrath on someone who once ruined their life. She had lost her family, lost freedom, lost her sanity, and even lost her purity because of what my kind has done ever since the war had begun.

“I only have five lives left, Zedd. If I can’t make it, please promise me to be a good person and persecute the wicked until they’re gone. I know it won’t ever happen but, I just wanted to accomplish my mission for the good of everyone.” I told him. “And the antidote, give it to my best bud, Aaliyah, so she can make the cure for those people who were taken as lab subjects like me. And help her husband, Neil, to be with his family once again.” 

Her bittersweet smile began filling my sight as she said, “I also want my friends to live in peace again. I just wanted everyone to be happy living the best of their lives.”

“Hey, no one’s gonna die, okay? I won’t let that happen anymore. I failed on saving my nanay before, but I won’t repeat the same thing again. That’s what I wanted to assure you.” I said and hugged her back.

 

*Kirstie Ceres’ Point of View*

His mom? What’s with his mom? I just felt there’s something terrible that happened to them before but I couldn’t figure it out.

Well, talking about my feelings towards him… I know it’s crazy and unacceptable but I couldn’t deny the fact that I just fell in love with the enemy. I realized how selfish my plans were before but he did soften my heart of stone. Like, I now feel guilty of using him for my self-interest and that I should protect him more than I protect myself. He’s the only person I’ve got right now, and there’s no holding back.

As we took our breakfast, he assisted me. I couldn’t move my hands normally, it really hurts badly.

“Please, don’t do that to yourself again. You make me worry.” He told me while he’s lending his helping hand to me.

“Sorry. That’s the after effect of my melancholy. I’ll lose myself and turn me into a monster. Like, I wanna wish I wasn’t here.” I expressed regret. 

“I won’t ever regret meeting you here. You changed me.” He told me with an innocent bliss. “If you hadn’t reminded me of my true old self, maybe I’d be the worst.”

I couldn’t find any words to enter. And then I remembered his dad in a segue way. “Anyhow, I wanna suggest that we’re gonna meet your dad later. I must explore his room for me to know where he’s been hiding my cure.” I sighed. “It took us weeks to wait for his return and I think now’s the perfect time to find where he hid the cure.”

“What’s your plan?” He asked.

I rested my chin on my fist, “You really need to act with me as we meet your dad. Do your thing similar to that attitude you’ve got back there at the abandoned library. And I guess I’ll do mine. I’mma go talk my shit out while searching my antidote in his office. If what we do isn’t effective to change his mind about the position, yer gonna need to hurt me… use your pocket knife. Make him believe that you aren’t a coward.”

His face turned sour and seemingly, he didn’t agree with it. “No. Why the heck would you think I’m gonna hurt you just like that? I can’t risk losing another antidote.”

“Tch. I know you’ll refuse but it’s really necessary to execute this plan. Just give it a shot one more time. It’s for your sake. I won’t let them suspect you that you’re going against ‘em.” I replied with a heavy outbreath. “Because Zedd, if they do, you’re doomed here. I don’t want that to happen. And that our plan will be ruined.”

“It’s your life that you’re gonna sacrifice. I won’t let you lose yourself again. Please.” He pleaded.

“If you can’t do it, just draw your knife and I’ll do the piercing for ya. Because if your dad finds out what we’re into, he’ll kill me with you.” I said and began to fix myself up. “That fat-headed criminal? He won’t even hesitate to kill someone like you even if he’s your father.”

“Don’t you understand? You might die there. My dad’s a maniac and he’ll do what he wanted for his own satisfaction.” He added up. 

“Exactly! Your dad’s a maniac! We’re not gonna risk your name just because of my illness.” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“Can you give some more time to plan it rather than being hasty?” Said he, but still kept it in a low tone.

“Aw fucking shut it! You sound just like Aaliyah and my friends back there at the warehouse. Just… Do what is planned and everything will be taken care of.” I blurted, now crossing my arms in discontentment.

“What are you even talking about? I just wanted to protect you from him! You haven’t got no idea what he’s capable of. And you’re just gonna run there and raise a finger? You think this is just a game that you can just waste your life on because you can just return back?” 

“My life’s a fucking game, Zedd! Can’t you see? I will waste my life for the sake of many people rather than chilling my ass here and watching them die. No, I wouldn’t let him ruin everything again!” I began rambling my way to the bathroom.

“I won’t allow you to do what you ought to and die. I don’t want you to go. I don’t wanna see you end up like Gus.” 

I broke off and turned back to him. “Why? Why do you even care? You are into protecting your father from me, right? Now, prove me how much you care!”

Lost of words, he just pulled me and leaned on closer then kissed me.

My meter beeps fast. I heard his heart has the same beat as mine. It was really rapid that it weakened my body.

I felt his tears dripping across his face while he’s tasting the moment. 

*Lets go of me* “This is why I won’t let you go out there and hurt yourself again. I… love you.”

“What?” Tears came flowing across my face after realizing what he really meant to tell me all along.

“I love you, okay? I really love you so much that I can’t even let you go.” He sobbed and that his tears were continuously falling down from his hazel eyes.

“I don’t even know how to respond…”

I didn’t know I had changed him that much. I feel really guilty about it.

“I’ve felt the same thing. I hate admitting that the man who took away my purity would fall for me truthfully. I hate saying and thinking about those things. It’s just that… It’s wrong to love an enemy.”

“It is never wrong if it’s true.” Then he embraced me and I did the same thing.

Maybe romance wasn’t that bad after all. It felt so great and thrilling but I’d still do what I ought to do. It was still into saving my folks. Like I had said before, it was do or die.

Zedd, if you only knew how hard this is for me… I don’t want you to go against your father. But still, he deserves to die like how he killed my family.

 

1