Episode Twelve: Meet Dad (A)
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yearned and got myself tense, my hands were kinda wobbly as I walked near the door. Was I even ready for this? I already imagined myself getting slaughtered like a pig and blood came out gushing. 

“I hope you’re all set.” I said and stood up straight.

“I guess.” He answered back then sighed in utter despair.

“Just… Ready yourself for the worst… If I can’t make it, accomplish our mission.” I told him. “But let’s move forward to being successful this time.”

Our faces turned as playing cards, ready to play pretend. We went out of the room, I was again his slave now. Zedd’s blushing cheeks turned red, and his eyes spun misty. 

“Oh please, Zedd. You can cry after this. Not now.” I babbled. “I know it’s gonna be hard for you to do things against your father’s plans. You’re even sandwiched by this. He’s still your dad after all.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t think I can do this.” He let out an air of despair and tried to be valiant as possible.

“Just do what is planned. Think we can make it. I know we can.”

“And, just so you know, I really feel bad about your situation right now. You can go against me anytime if you can’t betray your father.” I added, putting a non-obvious bittersweet smile as we walk our path. 

“No, we’re into this together. As long as no one will get hurt, we can put everything in peace.” He answered back, now sounding optimistic. 

There were lots of combatants here. Saluted the prince, he falsified his smile. The coat sticking on those walls, covered by black scribbles by the ones who vandalized. I couldn’t comprehend the writings, they’re too distorted.

Up we went and just crossed over Zedd’s brother, Krypton. Krypton, a strong name and a deadly one. I realised it’s Superman’s weakness. But I’m aware my own superman here could make himself stronger than his brother. I knew he wasn’t a feeble gent.

At a standstill for a while and applauded his hands slowly and with that, our walk was paused. Turned ourselves concerning a tall guy wearing spectacles. I rolled my eyes.

“Well, what do we have here bro? You really got some tang on choosing a girl to pick on. Isn’t this girl the one you played with down there inside your den?” He walked in my direction and touched my face. “May you share her with me in my bed, please?” Then sniffed my hair. I was terribly grossed out by his actions so I jerked back and kept a distance from him.

Zedd clenched his fist but I prevented him from hurting Krypton by secretly kicking his foot. I heard him just say while pointing his gun at me, “Hands off. I got her first so… I have the only right to feed on her.” Then I just felt his breath on my neck and his other hand touched my left hip. “I was the only one here who’s got the right to touch her… *sniffs* Bubblegum.”

“You, Germans, are really sordid! Both of you are assholes. Fuck off and I just wanna end this game.” I began acting like I’m disgusted by Zedd’s actions and even elbowed his face by accident. We continued walking.

“Well, since then, you have been a selfish brother, right? Ey, Klint, don’t even worry a shit. You won’t see me eating her up soon.” Krypton laughed and went his way to his messy bedroom. The door slammed yet not too loud.

“I’m sorry I had an urge to say that. We shouldn’t be suspected by anyone here.” I apologised. “Does your face hurt? I felt the impact when I hit you on the face a while ago.”

“My lips bled though.” He awkwardly replied.

“What? Shit, I’m sorry.”

“Guess who’s gonna kiss my boo boos tonight.” He chuckled.

“I swear I’m gonna hit you right after this shit, Zedd.” I replied, a bit irritated but couldn’t deny the fact that I kinda like what he just said.

“Uhm hey”, he called out, “I’m sorry for being a creep in front of Kryp a while ago. I was really frightened of you being grossed out by that.”

“Suppose it’s a win-win for the both of us. Your dumbass brother hasn’t seen us suspiciously at all. First step on play pretending, just go all the way.” I responded. “I might like you to do that shit again later.”

“Huh? What? NO.” He hurriedly responded, stuttering. 

I winked, “Just kidding.”

“Hehe, you got me.”

 

Another staircase met us. My legs were getting weary, although my soul still acted actively. Close to the general’s office, troops began feasting their eyes on me. “Get your eyes off of me, assholes.”

We entered the room. An oldie in Nazi attire from my traumatic memories was already in front of me. Two armed men on his side. A great start to look around.

“So, is this the answer to our questions? A not-so-well-known but one laboratory bitch has been bagged.” The old man, specifically, the general blurted. Then he walked forth. “Say… Have you been enjoying her all night long? I heard you took her for your crib? How fascinating!”

“Are you all glad now? Now, can I get the position after this, sire? Because I have waited for this for ages, yet your ego won’t even give me a chance to rule over.” Zedd’s voice sharpened and filled the room. “I have taken lots of her kind… And you’re already facing the original.”

An exasperating laugh filled in as well, “Do you think I can just make a cowardice take my place? You can’t even kill one piece of shit!”

“I HAVE DONE THAT, YOU, MOTHERFUCKING GENERAL!” Zedd went over his father’s level.

“Tch!” Oldie made his way in my direction, slowly rested his hand on my shoulder, down until it reached my chest. “Tell me, Klint. Your brother will like her, right? You really got some nerve to show this wussy up.”

“Get your wrinkling hand off of me, old hag.” With boldness, I spat and jolted back. “Where’s my fucking antidote?”

He faked his laugh, “Still into your cure, doc? You won’t get what you want even if you inoculate that thousands of times!”

“Germans really are… Hitler-alike, eh? Pretty revolutionary, but are mentally weak… You know what, general? I can just kill you now and lay my hands on the cure somewhere in this dusty and stinky office.” I said and sniggered, merely, tried teasing him. I wasn’t scared at all. By any chance, I could snap open the external layer of the pendant embedded in his fat head and brutally finish him gashing up blood. Nevertheless, Zedd would get killed so being hasty in decision won’t do any good.

Furiously, he entered, “This one’s too much of a fighter, huh? Well, I already got what I wanted, you can kill her now.”

“Go ahead. Do what papa wants you to do… Heh! Well, your idiotic laboratory nerds won’t even figure out the formula without me.” I smiled and Zedd drew his weapon.

*laughs* “Will it be great if I’ll say… GERMANS IST KAPUTT? It’s kind of the best line before becoming extinct.”

It took a while before Zedd would initiate his part. I knew his father’s waiting so he needed to do this unless both of us would get killed. 

“GO AHEAD! What are you waiting for, papa’s boi??” I yelled to push Zedd to do his part.

His father wheezed out of my pretend courage. “Oh, Zedd.” I thought. “Guess I should just do plan B.” 

I turned to him but he wasn’t the one who put harm on me. Gazed into his eyes before I could fall down. “I’m sorry.” I mouthed. 

“You’re too slow, Klint. You’ve given a simple task yet you managed to fail it.” His father sighed in disappointment. 

My meter began sounding like an ambulance. I just thought that this was the end. “I… will… KILL YOU!! YOU! Y-you… big… f-fat… dickhead…” I began catching oxygen, running out of time.

“Well, I did it for you, lad.” He squeaked. “I stand corrected on considering you as a useless son…” Fiddled his specs and continued, “But still… You can’t make me give you the position by just killing this petite bitch. I’m not done with my business yet.”

Zedd looked at me for a while then furiously faced his father. “What you do to me is pointless, dad! And I’m so sick of it! I can’t understand what you really want me to do. I… I feel like you are just playing around… Well, to be fucking honest, YOU ARE playing around.” He paused and added, “You aren’t a leader, even a liable father that every son craves for. You? You are a fraud… A FOOL.”

“Get out, Klint.” The general pointed at the door as a signal for us to leave. “I said GET OUT.”

I gasped for breath and tried to keep myself alive. Then I gawked at him and shook my head, “No”, told him that I couldn’t make it.

“I’m outta here.” Then he commanded, “Delta, take her to my room with me. She might be still useful after this no good play.”

I exhaled heavily. The beeps went more rapidly. I’d perish.

(Back in Zedd’s room)

I was lying on the bed still bleeding. Zedd’s freaking out like hell, tried to find any available first aid supplies.

“Z-zedd… I f-feel… C-cold… I think I can’t… *gasp*… Make it…” I huffed for air. I just heard my meter alarmingly rang loud, the sign that I would see the heavens opening up soon… Or the quicksand to descend to the abyss. My body left rickety till my seizures elicited. 

“ZEDD!!” I yelled and suddenly, I froze. I couldn’t breathe anymore. There’s too much blood coming out of me.

“I know! I know! I… uh… WHERE THE HECK’s the syringe?” He panicked as he scratched his head irritatedly. 

The syringe, along with the sealed test tubes were lying on his little slab. Hurriedly, he sprinted, transferred the liquid and quickly jabbed the cure on me.

“Zedd…”

Everything came to a blackout… Seemed like I'd touched down the finale.

1