Episode Thirteen: Play Pretend No More (B)
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Kirstie’s Point of View*

Unexpectedly, the door creaked open. I jerked back as a response and grunted, “Argh!”

Somebody at the door laughed followed with a slow pattern of clapping of hands, “Oh, what a romantic surprise! How touching!”

It was Krypton at the door. He saw us. Oh god, what have I done? What I did was really bad timing. FUCK!

“Why are you here, Kryp?” Zedd angrily responded to his brother.

“No wonder you can’t let her sleep with me. You fell in love with that bitch.”

“At least know me by name and acknowledge me properly!” I bulged in with my eyebrows crossed.

“Ah! The great actress! Doc Valer, Kirstie Ceres? Am I right? Can you please check your boyfriend’s heart if it’s working in a good condition?” He entered the room then slammed the door close. “I heard your goal from your friend back there. Oh! Who’s that friend?” Pretended he’s thinking, but he wasn’t and answered, “Doc Santos, Aaliyah! She told me about your plans. She said that you’ll get your hands on your bio weapon and kill all Germans who invaded your country. Primary target is that fat-headed dad of ours.” He sat down on a chair in reverse, rested his arms on the back rest. “Say, what’s the secret of your little game? Why not tell your dearest Klint that you just used him? And planning to kill him right after?”

“What?! What are you even talking about?” I was guilty because that’s my initial plan the first time I met Zedd. Yet, I also promised myself to protect him and discarded that plan of tormenting him. I didn’t mean to do him harm anymore after I fell for him.

I looked at Zedd, and he started to be furious.

“Oh… Thanks to my spies back there. Oh wait! Thanks for your military friends and your bitchy BFF. Your lab partner, right? She’s fabulous!” Krypton said with a tone of teasing.

My forehead wrinkled in confusion. “Those are lies, Krypton! I never said that.”

“You don’t get it, do ya? I’m the one who’s responsible for your drugs.” Before he could continue telling his despicable stories, he brought about to laugh. “People back there are idiotic, they thought I’m some kind of a professional doctor that they will just accept me and get access. I should’ve killed you, doc, but I’ve waited for this. And what’s that you're telling your friends at the warehouse? Whoa, your voice is just too… sharp in fury. You really wanna kill us all, right? Every. Single. One. Of. Us. RIGHT DOC?!”

“No! I w-won’t do that.” I didn’t know what to answer anymore. “Zedd, I plead you, he’s just telling lies. You know that I need to save those people back there. I-I n-need to.” I explained while my mind’s panicking. 

“And that time when I caught my dearest little brother at dad’s office, I’m aware of your plans. You’re just into the cure. And that heart of stone of yours wasn’t really softened by him. After all, he took away your virginity.” He interrogated more and more that I don’t even know what to answer. “Is Klint’s psychotic actions forgivable, Kirstie? Would a girl like you forgive someone who took advantage of your weakness?”

“I… Yes… It’s indeed unforgivable but-” I was cut quickly by his other followup.

“THEN YOU DON’T LOVE HIM AT ALL! Because if you do, you will forgive him truly.” Sarcastically, he laughed. “However, when was the last time that you’re being true to yourself, doc?”

“Zedd, please let me explain-” I pleaded to at least give me some time to reason out for myself and correct those words that Krypton had dropped.

“Quit it. I don’t wanna hear anything.” Zedd said straightforward. “KRYPTON, GO FUCK OFF!!”

“Zedd... Just please, listen.” I cut by beseeching. 

“ALL OF YOU!! FUCK OFF!! GET OUT OF MY LIFE!”

“Okay, then.” Krypton went out of the room laughing. 

There was a sudden silence in the room. Zedd clenched his fist and stood up to punch the hard wall. He shouted while I cried loudly. “Why would someone I trusted lie to me? I really thought that no one’s gonna die and everything will be in peace. BUT YOU ATE THOSE WORDS JUST SO YOU COULD USE ME TO KILL MY OWN DAD?”

“I didn’t mean to do all of these… I d-didn’t mean to-” The beeps gradually got loud and annoyed him.

“KIRSTIE! SHUT THAT GODDAMN WATCH OF YOURS AND GET OUT!”

I went all silent. I started fixing myself up. I took off my oxygen then walked my way towards the door.

“Thanks for keeping me here alive, Zedd. I’m sorry if I lied to you. Your brother was right, you’re my enemy and that I will just use you for my selfish desires.” I spoke as my tears crashed down on their own. “And… I really don’t love you. Everything I’ve said and done wasn't true. You’re now free to be yourself again, Zedd.”

I went out of the room even though my wounds sting. My wounds weren’t the ones that sting a lot, my heart was the one that hurt bad. He wouldn’t forgive me after his brother’s lies. And that I told him another set of lies, I bet those lies were the ones he’d believe more.

I love you, Zedd… But I’m sorry if I couldn’t tell you that.

I heard his loud cries from the other side of the door. I had nowhere to go. I didn’t bring any with me except those keys for that worn out library, it’s pointless after all.

I made my way to that darksome library where all of this nonsense started. I took the keys from his desk before leaving. I locked myself down there all night long. I don’t care if I die in starvation. The world would end fighting if I was gone. Death was inevitable, probably, I’d invite death to come over. 

It wasn’t really easy for me to head over to my next destination. I had encountered people who ruined me first before meeting the dead end. Probably, I deserved it. These wounds I recently acquired were the reminder of my lies to him. And as I rot, the marks will be there until I’d turn to dust.

1