Episode Fifteen: Time to Forget You (A)
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Zedd’s point of view*

Gia and I brought her in my room for her to rest. I was just wondering, what would happen if she wakes up? It’s been almost a week since the operation had been done to save her life. 

“So, after all those things I’ve done to you, would you still be willing to forgive a man like me?” I sighed as I stare at her lifeless self. “I’m really sorry for everything I’ve just said. I got mad and was so hasty about my decisions. I’ve driven you away without even thinking how it will affect you. This happened because of me.” I shed my tears little by little, still trying to be strong in front of her closed eyes.

Then I noticed a movement from her right hand where I’m sitting close. 

Suddenly I heard her groan and spoke softly, “Where am I?”

My face lit up knowing that I could get to hear her voice again. “Oh, Kirstie! Thank heavens you’re now awake. I really miss you so much and I’m really sorry.” Then I gave her a tight embrace.

“Who are you? And why am I here?” Her voice grew sharp as it came filling up my ears. I unexpectedly felt that sensation in my chest - getting smashed into pieces.

“W-what?”

As I looked at her, I felt as if something ain’t right. “I-it’s me, Zedd. Don’t you remember me?”

She started crying and holding her head in pain. “What just happened to me? Who… Who am I?”

I just felt the river from my eyes gushing out. I couldn’t even dare touching her nor get close to her at this certain hour. All I could do is stare at her helpless situation. 

“GIA!! COME OVER HERE PLEASE!”

I hugged her again yet tighter than the last one I gave her. “Please, just tell me you’re just joking around, Kirstie.”

“GET OFF OF ME! Hey!” She fought back, freeing herself from my arms wrapping around her. “Who the heck are you people? GET OUT! GET! THE! FUCK! OU-” Her words were cut by when I managed to carefully give her a shot of tranquilizer to calm her down.

I huffed out of exhaustion trying to control her outrage as I watched her fall back to sleep. Then the late Gia came running in. 

“What is it? Why the heck are you shouting?” She questioned with a sort of irritated look. Maybe I disturbed her or something.

“Thank you for your tardiness, I already managed the situation well.” I said in a cheeky tone that is the same as Kirstie’s. “Well, she’s awake… And fell back asleep when I triggered her outrage.”

“Oh god, what have I done to her?” I murmured and let out an exasperated sigh that Gia noticed quickly.

Gia walked her way closer to me to have a proper conversation with me. “What did really happen back there at the library?”

“Sh-she… She…” I stutter as I reminisce all the bad things I’ve done to her why she’s been suffering from this shit. My entire kind was the reason why she’s stuck with me.

“Relax Klint… Chill yourself out.” She let out a comforting line similar to my mother’s.

“She walked herself down that library alone that I’m not even aware that she’s been caught by the men on guard. I didn’t even know what route she took to get there. Maybe she’s hurt by those men and I didn’t even care about her that time. I slept soundly as if she’s a nobody.” I began telling a tale for Gia her to listen to.

“She took my keys to that room to lock herself up and end her life. She must’ve felt that she hasn’t got a home to look back to. I made her feel that nobody loves her. I never knew she’s gonna hurt herself like that.” I looked down and fiddled with her wrist meter detached from Kirstie. “She apparently lost her memory just now. And couldn’t even recognize me.”

“She must’ve slammed her head multiple times with a strong impact that may have caused her memory loss. It will be difficult for her to remember everything if it’s gonna be a long term memory loss.” Gia reacted and put her hand on her head as a sign of empathy. 

“What can I do to help her regain her memory?” I asked, hoping that things would go back to normal again.

“I think re-enactment of the things you two went through and telling her the life she had before, if she had told you her past. That’ll help but I’m not gonna assure you that it’s gonna be that effective.” She responded but sounded a bit unsure. Maybe because those things only happen in movies.

“Re-enact? Is it really necessary to do all of them?” I asked as I felt nervousness in my chest.

“Nah, not all of them. Might be just the important events only. In some cases I encountered from my previous patients, when they will have to re-enact their highlighted memory, it’s either someone will help them reminisce like showing photos or places they used to go. Some will have panic attacks if they encounter such bad memories.” Gia responded like an intelligent character in some animes.

Fuck, I gotta be careful in terms of helping her remember. That might just trigger her seizures and we’ve had just limited sets of antidotes in her bag.

“Don’t worry Klint. She’ll be fine.” She somehow noticed my troubled reaction then left the room.

I laid my head on Kirstie’s chest wherein I could hear her heartbeat pattern. Yes, still a music to my ears. One thing I learned from her is that I should follow one’s heartbeat and know its pattern. With that, you would know a person’s feelings and intention. Or maybe it’s just easy for her to tell me that because she already had those gifts she’s having.

1