Chapter 2
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexandra Blackwell POV

[Baby cry]

“Congratulation young mistress. He’s a healthy boy.” A Doctor said. Then he gives the baby to a nurse to be washed.

Alexandra the one who just deliver the baby still tired ask. “*Pant* Please give him to me *Pant* I want to take a look to my baby boy.” She said smiling tiredly.

“Of course, ma’am.” The nurses swiftly bathing the baby then wrap him in a blanket. “Here you go ma’am.” The nurse then giving the baby to her mother.

“Ooh, he’s so handsome” Then she saw that her baby opens his eyes briefly, revealing captivating blue eyes. “Hey look at you, you got my eyes.” She said lovingly as she continues to caress her baby’s head. “From now on your name is Dane, Dane Blackwell.”

. . .

Dane Blackwell POV

Warm, he doesn’t know when the last time he felt like this, an all compassing warm. Am I already born? Is this my mother embrace? Well the first time he was born he doesn’t remember any of it but now that he remembers, he liked it and he swore he’s going to protect it no matter what. After making the oath, soon he falls asleep in his new mother embrace.

The next time he wakes up is because the noise from a conversation between my mother and an old man.

“. . . and that’s final.” Dane heard his mother said with finality.

“I see, I understand then. I will not force you. But at least let me help you build a save environment for the child to grow.” The old man offers. “You know having Blackwell surname means.”

“Yes, I know we have a lot of enemies but I don’t want my baby boy exposed to such tings until he grows up. So, I’m going to raise him in our ancestral home at Roosevelt Island.” My mother said.

“Okay, but at least let me add some protective detail around the house.” The old man pleads. “After all that house is practically a farm, extremely easy to target.” He continues.

“No father, I already told you I don’t want my son to be exposed to such a world in early age. Seeing men with guns around defeat that purpose isn’t it?” My mother then thinking for a while. “If you insisting just posted them on the entry point to the island.” My mother offers.

“*Sigh* Why you are always so hardheaded. You know that’s going to consume a lot of man power, right? And what if they pass through?“ The old man said concerned. “I also have my own bodyguard father.” My mother countered.

“That maid alone? I know she’s good but I still concerned.” The old man then caresses my mother’s head. “You know as your father I always want the best for you right?” The old man now known as my grandfather said softly.

“I know father.” My mother said closing her eyes.

Then Dane cry because of hunger.

“Oh, its seems he is hungry.” My mother then picks Dane ups.

His grandfather seeing this stand up and prepares to leaves.

“Anyway, I will visit you later.” Then he turns around. “Dembe, bring the car around.” And with that he was gone.

. . .

After a few days in the hospital, Dane finally goes home. In the past few days except for doctor and nurse. The only one visiting is his grandfather and his escort, Dembe. He’s a little disappointed that he doesn’t see his father. Though he’s comes up in some of the conversation it seems my father is either irresponsible or doesn’t know Dane is exist.

As a baby his only activities is eating, sleeping and pooping. If this goes on he has no doubt that he will goes crazy. Fortunately, one of the perks being a baby is that he has a lot of time, and he uses it to recite science lessons from his previous world, recalling science fiction in various source like from comics or movies and then connect it with possible application in this new world. Using his superior brain, Dane store several possible projects in his mind scape and ready to be used when he grew older.

Remembering a light novel where the main character training since he’s a baby, Dane tried to replicate that and start to exercise, but it turns out his whole body is almost always wrapped in a blanket the whole time, he can’t even move. Therefore, he can only use the little time to exercise when his diaper is changed or when his mother wanted to play with him.

In Dane’s new home he met a new member of his new family, a maid named Rosarita Cisneros. Rosarita is pale-skinned young woman with waist-length dark hair with that is tied in low pigtail braids with square bangs hanging over her eyebrows, a dull purple eyes, stoic face and wrapped by an overly round glasses. The first time Dane see her, she is seen wearing a long maid uniform and a cross necklace. All in all, she is a very capable maid, but her stoic face will make people doubt her capabilities as a maid.

A month after his birth Dane’s mother resume her work, it’s seems she already recuperating enough from her childbirth. Dane really wanted to know what his mother does for a living, because remembering his wish before he was reincarnated, he wishing for a fortune. Unfortunately, his mother rarely talks about her job in front of him. But from what Dane overheard once in a while when his mother has to take a call, his mother seems owning a pharmaceutical company, but its focus is still unknown.

And with his habit to compartmentalize some future projects and exercising, time flies and Dane now is 2 year old. Turns out that even with a little exercise he did when he was a baby, he grew healthier than what a baby looks like when he remembers when he raises his children in his past lives. ‘Maybe because the golden age doesn’t only impact on brain development but also affect the body's development. So, at 2 years old he already capable of running around the house.

Dane a little bit confused at first as when he run around the house, he found out that his house is just a farm. he was confused because he remembered that he asked to be born with money. Later on, Rosarita, after seeing me confused seeing his house, gave me a tour around the house. First, she told him that overall the house is a simple and unpretentious clapboard farmhouse, that already reinforced. The house is built in the vernacular style of the late 18th century and consists of a two-story main section and a one-story kitchen wing on the west of the building. On the east, a spacious one story front porch is build because its seems that his ancestor like to watch sunrise from the porch. Walking out of the house, she shows him a small garden and green houses that housing some herb that mom needs for her research. He also shown two empty barns. He concluded that his house is a simple well-proportioned house.

After seeing his house, and heard that his house is very old, he became curious about his family, The Blackwell Family. After asking Rosarita, it turns out that Blackwell family has a long history. She said that the Blackwell Family is a family of British descent, they came to America and bought an island, that now called Roosevelt Island, from the 2 Tribe Chiefs. The head of the family from the Blackwell family at that time managed to develop the island into a giant player of economy development in New York. Due to its success, there are many people and even some of the government people who want this island.

Of course, the head of the family certainly refused their offer to bought the island. But because of the greed of the people, not a few people sent people to harass the production of the Blackwell industry. Therefore, The Blackwell Family formed a group of enforcers that loyal to the Blackwell Family. This group of enforcers formed of people that at the time having financial difficulties. After a while those group of enforcers successfully repel many attempts of harassment from outsider. And now the group is called The Continental. Continental here means that although the island owned by the Blackwell family is small, it is having a very big influence on the American economy, especially New York at the time. So, people call it “an island that have a strength of a continent”.

In the times of war, Blackwell family is known as war profiteer. They buy lands that affected by the wars, and because of that Blackwell family have a lot of lands in Europe. In 1933, Blackwell family lease The Eltham Palace for around 99 years from the Crown and make it the center of their operation in Europe. But now The Eltham Palace is becoming more of a summer house of the Blackwell family rather than a Headquarter.

Everything went smoothly until a plague occurred in New York. At that time because Blackwell Island was already isolated, the president asked the Blackwell family to use part of his land to be used as an isolation area. the head of the family agreed at that time but with a number of conditions. But unfortunately, Rosarita was not aware of what agreement made between the president and the head of the Blackwell family at that time. what is important to know is that because the Blackwell family closely sees what effect Plague has on humans, many family members are study deeply about health. So, Dane are not surprised when he found out that his mother not only a Doctor but also researcher. What surprised him is that his mother owns a biggest hospital and advanced hospital in New York.  

Life in this two years is smooth sailing but there is one problem, because Dane spend a lot of time in his mind scape, he more than often ignores his mother and Rosarita’s stimulation as a result they thought I was having some kind of disorder. So, after my mother bring me to a doctor specialist in child, I start to more responsive to my mother and Rosarita’s stimulation.

Now that Dane is two year old he already has a coherent speech which make my mother call me a genius. But of course, I limit my vocabulary to a child level. Dane also capable of reading even some of his mother’s book. Because my genius label, my grandfather pushes Dane to have a tutor on elementary lessons, like math, geography, history etc. Even though my mother a little reluctant at first, she conceded after seeing Dane are absorbing the knowledge like a sponge. And before Dane are four year old, he completed all his lesson with ease.

This make Dane’s mother proud and happy but my genius intellect that exceeded my grandfather expectations, makes my grandfather worry. Dane has an inkling why his grandfather worried, so he understands when he overhears his grandfather talking with his tutors about signing an NDA so they won’t leak about my intelligence.

Dane thinks he likes his grandfather, as he was cautious and always cover all bases. Dane agrees with his grandfather’s very careful approach in this, as living in Marvel world, where there is a lot of organization who will does everything they can to obtain a kid as smart as him.

Now seeing his grandfather’s habit, he wonders what his jobs are. When he asked his mother about grandfather’s job, she always dodging that question and when he asked why grandfather doesn’t live with us, she said he running some business in his hotel and he stays in its penthouse. Hearing that Dane understand that his last wish is already up and running and controlled by his grandfather.

4