Chapter 4
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dane, who now four years old are having his birthday party, looking around the table. He sees his mother and grandfather. He also sees Rosarita and Dembe on the table, as they already considered a family.

“Dane, remember a few month ago I asked you what you want for your birthday? And you said that you wanted a lab?” His grandfather asks. “Yes grandfather, I put some suggestion for that lab in the paper I gave you.” Dane answer.

“Hm, suggestion he said. You even create a detailed blueprint and construction plan for that lab.” Mother commented making him a little bit embarrassed. “There are even some things that you need assemble yourself. How do you even know how to build those things anyway, I look it up and there is nothing like what you designing on the internet.” She continues.

“Of course there is nothing like what I designed anywhere in the world mom, I created them myself after all.” Dane answer proudly. “As for how I created them, that I based on a lot of theories in several science journal on internet. Did you know, some amazing theories are of just left like that, just as theory and not applied as a new technology. What a waste.” He continues explain.

“There are also some theories too expensive to be tested on, so companies that focused on technologies are left those alone.” Dane continue to rambling. “What I regret is there is some theories or even invention that nobodies appreciated, just because those are not profitable enough. In the future I swear I will build a foundation who focused on pushes scientific development.” Dane says with passion.

“The last one is there is some incomplete technologies which of course I perfected.” Dane still explain not noticing that Dembe and Rosarita already stopped listening and just continue eating. “There also some technologies that I wanted to buy. But since I have no allowance or source on income yet, I decided to shelves some project.” Dane finish and look at grandfather with hopeful eyes.

“Alright, alright don’t look at me like that, just start listing what do you want to buy, I will see what I can do. As I was saying, about that lab you ask me for, I already can start building it.” Grandfather said. “Really grandfather!? Thank you!” Dane said excitedly.

“hahaha, you’re welcome, seeing how much you invested in this lab, I leave it to you to overseeing its construction.” Grandfather said. “Dad he’s four!” mother start to argue. “But how many four year old capable of designing and inventing his own lab.” Grandfather counter. “And don’t worry as I will assign Chris to help Dane.” Grandfather continues to placate mom.

“Alright then, I like Christina and I think she is capable both of handling the construction and handles Dane.” Mother concedes. “Dad, you need to assign your trusted worker okay? After all this lab is going to be constructed in the former stable in our own backyard.” Mother suggests.

“Of course I will, or should I assign more people to oversee this lab construction? I hear Bob Lee just finish his business from Germany.” Grandfather thought out loud. “No need Dad, I, Rosarita and Chris is enough to oversee this lab.” My mother refuses.

“Don’t forget about me! I will protect mom, Rosarita and whoever this Chris is.” Dane said with a big smile. Making all who present smiles.

‘I should start with a background check on the worker that grandfather hires.’ He thought.

. . .

A few days later, grandfather and Dembe came to the house with additional people. She's a woman in her mid-twenty who is very beautiful. Crowned with a beautiful blonde hair and proportional body. Dane guessed that this was Chris that his grandfather had talked about a few days earlier.

“Hey Alex, I’m sorry not visiting you around the time you’re in labor. You know why.” Chris said smiling guiltily. “Oh please, don’t worry about it, I know how father is practically a slave driver when its comes to giving assignment. And you always get the most difficult field assignments” Mother said looking straight at grandfather accusingly.

“That is because she is the best.” Grandfather said continues smiling unperturbed. “Well tell that to Jardani. That man is practically a murder machine.” Chris shakes her head. Then she looks at Dane. “Anyway, is this your son? Already this big huh? Seems like I missed a lot.” She commented.

“Hello big sister, I heard you are the one who will help me to oversee my lab construction project?” Dane said

“Hm, not even introducing himself, I suspect that his mind was already full of the lab construction project.” Chris said ignoring Dane. “Oh, you have no idea.” Mother said with a small laugh.

“Ahem, anyway, when the construction going to start?” Dane interrupted. “Well the foreman of the lab construction project will come this afternoon to talks about the construction plan.” His grandfather answers.

. . .

In the afternoon after Dane and his family had lunch. The project foreman came with some of his crew. Dane look at them and recognize one of the crew but keep it to himself as he still doesn't know what his objective is, whether to spy on him or his own crew. So, he still has to investigate.

“Hello, we are from the construction crew that you have hired. Let me introduce myself, Neil Nash, as the leader of this crew.” Neil Nash introduced himself to the family. “Behind me was the representative of our crew, Dylan Garrison and Laurence Mcloughlin.” He then introduces two men behind him.

‘Hn, Laurence Mcloughlin he said’ Dane thought mockingly. ‘I know who you are, Alphonso MacKenzie, I just don't know what you are here for.’ Dane thinking while staring at the man who, if he’s not wrong, working for SHIELD.

“Alright, why not we move this conversation inside.” Grandfather said broke his reverie.

. . .

Then they went inside. after the guests sat down, Rosarita served them tea.

"Okay, we start this meeting. Dembe, please brings the floor plan for the lab." Then Dembe present the four sheets of blueprint. “Please take a look.” He gestures for the three of them to take a look at the blueprint.

After looking at the blueprint, Neil is a bit confused. “I’m sorry sir, I think this floor plan is incomplete.” He asks.

“Well, you’re right Mr. Nash. The floorplan that my grandfather gave you is still incomplete. But you don’t need to worry, as long as you follow this floor plan nothing will goes wrong.” Dane giving his grandfather a look, reminding him that he is the one who is going to oversee this project.

Neil is a little bit confused seeing that the little boy is the one who answering. So, he carefully looks at grandfather questioningly.

“Ah, I forget to tell you that my grandson is the one who is going to oversee the construction.” that statement make Neil’s eyebrows rose and both of his entourage’s eyes sharpened. Which Dane notices

‘Huh, interesting, it’s seems that we not only have one spies in the house.’ Dane thought. ‘This reminded me that SHIELD is not the only organization that I need to watch for. I should check all of the crew after this.’ He thought with a frown.

“Oh please don’t look at me like that, after all the one who create that floor plan is my grandson. haha” Grandfather said proudly, but Dane notices that his smile doesn’t reach his eyes. ‘its seems he notices it too, and now he’s gauging their reaction.’ Dane thought.

Sure enough, the two alleged spies are reacting and take a look at Dane and gauging him for a split second. The small frown marred his grandfather’s face.

“Alright Dane, do your presentation.” He said but his eyes never leaving the both of them.

“Ehem, alright let’s start with overall design of the lab, I want the lab is still look like a stable, after all having a modern and futuristic lab in a middle of the farm not sit well with me. Besides that, doesn't this look really cool, this lab looks like a secret lab.” Dane said smiling innocently. Then he brings forward the ground floor plan. “Now let’s talk about the ground floor.”

“Well as you can see, we have 2 stables next to each other and are 5 meters apart. So, we planned to make these 2 stables into 2 different labs. the first will be an Advanced Physics lab. the second one will be used as Biochem Laboratory.” Dane pointing it out. “On the second floor of the Advanced Physics Lab or Lab A as we call it, will be empty and I ask you just to make some holder for some kind of big box and table just like what I drew here” Gesturing at the marks at the second floor blueprint.

“Hmm, what are you gonna place there? I mean it will help to create a sturdier holder, it its fits” ‘Laurence’ ask. “Ah you don’t need to worry about that, I just haven’t thought what are going to be placed there hehe. For now though, it’s just some custom table. The important thing is you can make it according to the specifications that I have written.“ Dane lied smoothly.

Seeing they understand he continues. “Then on the second floor of Biochem Laboratory or Lab B, a chemistry and medicine experiment lab will be built, the important thing to be considered here is the air ventilation must be in accordance with what I design.” Dane said seriously, or as serious as a four year old can be. But the crew understand and also nodding seriously.

“Next is 2 basement levels for each lab. In lab A, a mini supercomputer will be made that will fill this one floor. And the floor below will be made just like the top floor, just create an empty lab that prepares handles for boxes and tables according to what I marked in this floor plan.” Dane said pointing to several marks on the blueprint. “What important in this lab is the installation of electrical lines, because we all know that supercomputer is going to will consume a lot of electricity.” He continues.

“Yeah, about that. I can't see the power source connected to these two labs.” ‘Dylan’ ask. “Well, maybe later I will connect it to the main house’s electrical lines.” Dane answer acting confusedly. “Anyway, you should build the electrical lines according to blueprint.” Dane said strictly.

Seeing this Neil looked at grandfather for confirmation. After seeing him nod, Neil gesturing Dane to continues. While the 2 spies continue paying attention to what he explains, Dane can see that there is some confusion in their eyes. Which is good.

“The last is the floor plan for the basement of Lab B. Here will be made storage of chemicals and drugs. It's just that in the lowest basement the security for these chemicals will be made tighter.” Dane explains. “is that mean in the lowest floor there is going to be a dangerous chemical.” ‘Laurence’ ask concerned.

“I don’t know, its going to be my mother lab after all.” Dane said childishly. “I ask for this lab is so that mother can research at home. I miss her sometimes you know.” He said with a ‘downcast’ expression making ‘Laurence’ smile understandingly. ‘Huh, interesting. Oh, if I'm not mistaken he has a child named Hope, maybe that’s why he sympathizes.’ Dane thought.

“Well that’s it I guess, if there is any question, you may ask now.” Dane ask still ‘sad’.

Seeing nobody asking anything. Neil said. “I don’t think there will be anymore question, the floorplan and blue print actually already detailed enough. You’re really good at this huh.” He praising Dane, making him smile.

“Alright then, this meeting is over for now, we will go home and tomorrow we will explain the development plan of this lab with the rest of our crew.” Neil said.

“Oh, may I ask for a list of people who will work on this project?” Dane suddenly asks making Neil’s eyebrow rise. “Oh its nothing, its just as someone who will oversee the construction I just want to know their name so I can make them feel closer and working more efficiently.” Dane said making Neil’s eyebrow rise higher. “At least that what grandfather said to me about being a good leader.” Dane explains excitedly.

“Well, that’s fine anyway, I will email you the full list of the crew who will working in this project later tonight.” Nail said as he stand up. “Thanks” Dane said smiling widely.

After they returned home to organize their crew regarding the construction plan which will be carried out the day after tomorrow, Dane goes to his room and turn on his computer. He then starts investigate the crew that his grandfather hires, including Alphonso MacKenzie.

‘grandfather notices it too but doesn’t saying anything. Probably he has his own way to investigate those crew.’ Dane thought.

Recognizing one of the crew members is a spy does not mean that other members are not spies either. But knowing that there is another spy in the crew and seeing Mackenzie’s interaction with this crew makes Dane concluded that the spies must be from other organizations. “Sigh, it will be a long night.”

4