Chapter 5
91 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Yawn*

After tossing about several minutes. Dane finally woke up, but after he saw the sunlight through the window of his room, he was surprised and remembered that last night he was tracing the history of the crew to be hired in the construction of the lab.

‘it’s seems that I feel asleep.’ Dane thought cursing his four year old body.

“Hey Boy, you finally woke up.” A silky smooth voice startled Dane. “Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you.” She continues unapologetically.

Dane startled when he sees Chris is in his room, precisely on his computer and was reading the search results. At first, he plans to look up and investigate the crew then send the search result anonymously. But now that Chris already found it, he had to changes his plan.

“Well, your computer skills are very good for your age. Hm, what I am saying, no child your age can break into this many companies and organizations to steal data of their employees.” Chris praised Dane for making him proud. “BUT, you still leave a lot of digital footprints that the company and the organization will definitely find and they will be able to follow the digital trail and find your location.” Chris continues disregarding Dane who continue to deflate.

“*Sigh* I’m sorry. I’m still learning.” Dana apologize as he starts walking to the computer. “Oh, don’t be, depending on your purpose in this search. This can be good news or bad news. where did you learn to hack from anyway?” Chris commented.

“From the internet of course. What do you mean good news or bad news? If they found us then its definitely bad news isn’t it?” Dane asks confused making Chris snort. “Oh, course from the internet, let me tell you, the hacking steps that you find on the internet are not perfect. it was deliberately done to facilitate cyberpolice to pursue cybercriminals. Anyway, as I said before, depending on your purpose, if you want to clean the crew from the spy, you will succeed because if the company knows that their spy has been found then it is very likely that they will pull their spy from the field. but if you plan further, for example to use these spies to provide false information or further investigate the hostile company or organization then you have failed.” Chris lecture Dane. “But don’t worry I already erase your digital footprint.” She continues to reassures Dane.

‘*Sigh* I might be wishing for intelligence, but I still lack of experience.’ Dane thought. “Can you teach me then? It is clear that I still have to learn a lot.”

“Sure, why not, but only when I'm here. If I have assignment then I have to leave. but to be honest, the person who is better at Hacking is Elliot. you should have asked him.” Chris agrees.

“Thank you. When I already exceed your ability, then I will call him.” Dane said making Chris laugh. “hahaha, you talk as if you can surpass me easily.” Chris said making Dane embarrassed. “It's okay because you know woman tends to like men who have a high level of confidence. It’s kind of cool. But since you’re still a boy, from now on I will call you Cool Boy.” She continues to laugh making Dane even more embarrassed.

“Anyway, what are you going to do, Cool Boy?” She asks while giving documents to Dane. Which he saw that the documents contain of the name and investigation result of the crew.

“To be honest, now I don't know what to do. I think we should talk to Grandfather for the next step. After all, I notice that the grandfather also notices the spy. and if what you say that grandfather has someone like Elliot means that he must have his own plan.” Dane muses. “Hm, how sharp. Get ready then.” Chris commented as she leaves his room. While Dane start reading the documents

. . .

“Put down the papers” Dane hear his mother voice. He looks up and surprised that he now is in the dining table dan Mother, Chris dan Rosarita it's ready to eat. “Young master, you readwalking again.” Rosarita said.

“Oh, now I will lower your title from Cool Boy to Weird Boy.” Chris said jokingly making Dane remember some dark memories from his school days.

“*Shrudder* Please, please, please, don’t call me weird boy.” Dane pleads. “What are you reading anyway?” Mother asks ignoring his pleas.

“It’s the list of people that grandfather hires for the lab construction, there is some suspicious people and Chris helping me investigates.” Dane explains. “What!? Is there someone dangerous?” Mother surprised and ask Chris.

“I don’t think this is going to be a direct threat, after all most of the probably is just a spy.” Chris reassures mother. Mother then grumbling about grandfather is getting old.

“Don’t worry mom, I will send this data and my analysis to grandfather later.” Dane also try to reassure mom. “I will go to his hotel with Chris later.” Dane continues.

“What, why? Can’t you just send the document?” mother argues.

“I can’t do that mom, I'd better send it myself. After all, we will talk about what to do next together.” Dane reasoned. “Besides that, I haven't been away from this farm for 4 years.” He continues to plead.

“*Sigh* Okay, okay, but Rosarita must come with you okay?” Mother relented with a condition which Dane agrees.

Mother then look out of the window sadly. “Maybe from this event you have realized that our family has many enemies. So, please be careful out there okay.” She then smiles at him.

“Of course, mother.” Dane said resolutely.

4