Chapter 6
87 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After bid goodbye to mother who went to her hospital, Dane and Chris go to the Continental Hotel owned by his grandfather in Manhattan. Chris said that Dane would be amazed and love his grandfather's hotel. Dane brush it off after all he already saw a lot of hotels in his past life. But he was proven wrong as his jaw is still hanging and stood frozen in front of the hotel.

"Come on Cool Boy follow me." Chris tells Dane then walked in ignoring that Dane is still standing on the same spot and thinking about the hotel that he wishes for. 'Oh my God, this is THE hotel I wanted but I remember I wish for a secure hotel for his operation not such a luxurious hotel.'

‘Maybe the hotel I asked for was indeed formed according to what I asked for right when I came to this world or when I was born. since then, 4 years have passed, so there are definitely developments with the hotel.’ Dane summarized in his mind then he also follows Chris into the hotel.

when Dane entered the hotel, he was immediately greeted by a middle aged man.

“Good morning Young Master, Chris here already informed me about your arrival.” He greets with utmost respect. “I am the official hotel manager of Continental Hotel. Please call me Winston, young master.” The middle aged man who now called Winston introduced himself.

“Ah please just call me Dane. I'm not used to being called that.” Dane said. “Winston isn’t it? I hear that this hotel running not only as a hotel but as a hub between all Blackwell agents. I'm really curious how you manage all of this. Will you tell me?” Dane asks.

“Haha, so eager. Maybe after your grandfather give me a green light I will tell you all of the hotel functions. You said a hub? Who tell you that? It is much more than that you know.” Winston answer heartily. He seems happy that Dane is curious about his grandfather side of business.

“Well its just assumption after hearing the history of the Blackwell family from Rosarita and the story from Chris.” Dane explains. “Anyway, is grandfather available? I have something to talks with him.” Dane asks for his grandfather. Hearing urgency in his voice, Winston said that the grandfather was actually waiting for you and immediately escorted Dane and Chris to the elevator.

Inside the elevator Chris asked Winston. “How Jardani’s mission in Hong Kong?”

“*Sigh* there is a slight problem Ms. Vineyard, it looks like MI6 was involved in the turf war for this area. this mission was already messy from the start. With the fight with the Triads and ‘Them’ making its messier. Now MI6 involved? I don’t know anymore.” Winston shaking his head. “I already ask Master Raymond to send reinforcement for Jardani, but..”

“I wouldn't worry too much, Winston. It’s Jardani we are talking about. If we send someone to help, most likely they will just be a burden for him.” Chris says casually.

*DING*

“We’re here” Winston said. “sorry if I can only get you all here. I still have a lot of work to do. I hope your conversation goes smoothly” Winston apologize.

“It’s okay, I will hold to your promise to tell me all about the Hotel function later yeah?” Dane said as he steps out from the elevator. “Of course.” He heard Winston said that as the elevator door closes.

Even though he has seen the grandeur of this Continental Hotel, Dane is still surprised to see his grandfather's penthouse. luxury is a sure thing when considering the Hotel, but surprisingly, it turns out that this Penthouse feels nice and warm. As he was gawking around he heard grandfather voice from behind. “You know at first you were going to be raised here. But your mother said that a penthouse, even you make it warm and comfortable for growing children. a Penthouse surrounded by guns is not a place for raising children.”

“Well I think I agree with mother’s assessment, not because the influence of the men with guns, but because influence of this.” Dane gesturing to the whole penthouse. “Money. If I grew up here, I'm afraid I will become lazy knowing that I have money which won’t to run out even I won't work my whole life.” He said surprised everyone with his mature statement

“Whereas my life on a farm full of simplicity makes me even more humble. Did you know before Rosarita told us about our family history, because I can see tall buildings that reach up to the sky while our house is only two floors, I always think that we are a poor family. Hahaha.” Dane finished the story with laughter. “Imagine my surprise when I find out that we are one of the richest families in the world.” Shaking his head, he continues. “besides that, I feel happier living there.” Dane said smiling happily.

 “And that is what important.” Grandfather finished with a smile. “Now let's talk about the reason why you are here.”

“Remember yesterday when Mr. Nash and his crew came to the house? I felt suspicious of them, so I investigated them, not only the three of them, but the entire crew we hired.” Dane explain and give his grandfather the stack of the result of his investigation. “This is what I found Grandpa. It turns out that many of them are spies. Not only that, I also marking some of the crew that prone of bribery because of some financial problem, so we can watch them.” Dane finish his explanation with a proud smile.

Grandfather is face is not changing but continue to read the printout that Dane gives. In silence, Dane’s proud smile becomes a frown, thinking that everything that he said already been found by grandfather

“Hmm, what organization is this? I never heard of it.” Grandfather suddenly ask and giving me one of the investigation paper. Dane saw that what his grandfather was asking about is the AIM organization.

“AIM is more of a think tank consists of brilliant scientists and their hirelings, I still don’t know their motive is. but I feel we have to be careful.” Dane explain. “I never heard of it, where did you know the existence of this organization?” Grandfather asks.

“Ah, this originated from my search for science theory before grandfather, I noticed many incidents where many scientists suddenly disappeared. And when I traced a little bit about the last thing that happened before their disappearance, I always found the similar things, namely the name of AIM organization.“ Dane explains.

 “Why I haven’t heard of this organization.” Grandfather ask Dembe. “Hmmm, most likely because they haven't made any impact yet, so our agents just ignore them.” Dembe answer after thinking a bit.

“But, there is people missing! Doesn't this make your agent suspicious?” Dane asks a little agitated. “Dane, you will be surprised of how many people missing every day.” Grandfather told Dane sadly.

“but how?” Dane just blurted sadly. “Some of the missing had no close people, so no one reported their disappearance, imagine street people and people who have no family and friends. there are also missing people due to kidnapping, in a special way the closest people will not report the loss of their family member until it is late. For example, by faking messages to the person closest to him, and so on.” Grandfather explains.

“Enough Raymond, we will explain how the world works when he is older.” Chris cut him off.

Dane stare at the floor and thinking. ‘I know that Marvel World is dangerous but knowing this gave me goosebumps. I keep imagining what happened to them, grandfather told me this is a missing person, not kidnapping as there is no ransom whatsoever, so they likely dead or worse. What a world.” Dane closing his eyes in pain. ‘No, wait, I think that this thing not only happen in this world, but also in my last world, but I choose to ignore it as I don’t have any power to help them. But in this world is different, I have the power. And I will save them all.’ Dane opened his eyes with conviction.

Dane sees that Grandfather have a small smile while Dembe is raising his eyebrow, turning to his side he saw Chris smiling. Its seems when he was thinking, they watched my reaction. Realizing this Dane embarrassed.

“Ehem, now why not we continue talk about what we are going to do about the spies in the crew.” Dane said in an attempt to divert there focus. Which everyone notices.

“Alright, I have several ideas, but let’s listen to your opinion first, Dane.” Grandfather said.

“Okay, grandfather, I have already discussed with Chris, and there is two options regarding the next step in this matter, first is to catch all the spies they send, this is a quick solution, but the downside is that we cannot find out more about the organization that sent the spy. The second option is to let them spy on this project, with the aim that we can monitor the reported information and investigate back the organization that sent the spy. We can also find out the purpose of the organization by examining the information they are looking for.” Dane explains.

“Hmm, it looks like you are not satisfied with both options.” Grandfather says seeing my expression. “That’s true grandfather.” Dane confirmed his grandfather's statement.

“I have a third option. First of all, we need to separate which organization is the priority, because we as a Blackwell family don't need to worry about small organizations. I think they just think that they can easily get information about Blackwell’s technology by observing the lab that will be made in this farm, which is not as tight as this hotel.” Dane says while remembers about the security that the hotel has. “So, we immediately catch the spies of this small organization and send it back to them with the message that we know.” Dane continues.

“Our second step is to allow the spies of the big organizations to spy on the construction of this lab. But we will monitor the information they send to their superior, for example I can put the spies on a task that is neither crucial nor secret OR we can just have told them false information when building some secrets parts. catching a spy from a small organization will make the spy from a larger organization more confident and complacent because they will think that we don’t know about them.” Dane told his grandfather. “Why not just grab it all at once and do something roundabout like this?” grandfather asks, but when Dane sees his expression, there is no confusion in his face so Dane thinks that he is testing him.

“First, because the person who will oversee this project is small in numbers. I know we can add more personnel, but this will only alarm them. Second, because I really want to know what the goals of this big organization are, maybe because they want to know what project Blackwell family will make or mother.” Dane explains making grandfather raising one of his eyebrows.

“Oh, grandfather don’t give me that look. First, we are one of the riches family in the world. So, I refuse to believe that we are fall behind in technology, especially seeing mother having a biggest and most advanced hospital in the world so of course there are people want our technology and about mother, it’s about her research into genetics. From the books at home, I'm guessing she researching to improve human genetics to become more resistant to disease. What made mothers a target was because they developed their research from the super soldier serum.” Dane finish explaining and by then all people in the room shocked.

“You understand Alex’s research?” Chris asks surprise still in her face. “To an extent yes, but I still need her full research to fully understand it.” Dane said offhandedly. “Well I will definitely tell your mother this. And I assume that now you know why your mother rarely out of Roosevelt island.” Grandfather commented.

“Anyway, I need to know what their objective is, so we can find out whether there is an organization targeting mother or not so we can prepare a contingency plan for the future.” Dane back on the main topic. “I see, that is a good plan. Now we will select the organizations which will be priority” Grandfather said.

After several hour of discussion, we decided to eliminate all spy from organization other than SHIELD and AIM.

“Alright let my agent deal with the smaller organization, you should focus on the construction itself. After all I feel that this lab is very important for you.” Grandfather said. “Okay grandfather, you should take care of yourself and not underestimate these small organization.” with that statement Dane and Chris left the penthouse and goes back to the farm.

“Now after seeing this I am not worried about the continuation of the Blackwell family.” After Dane and Chris gone Dembe says with a smile.

“Yes, but we need to protect him at all cost. You know Dembe, after this lab is finished, the remnant of our old enemies will be alerted and start to move.” Grandfather said solemnly. “We can't let what happened to the previous Blackwell family members happen back to Dane and Alexandra.” And Dembe answer with a grim nod.

5