Chapter 7
77 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day the construction start. After thinking about it overnight, Dane decide to divided the construction crew into two groups. The first group works on Lab A, where most of the inventions and secrets are kept. Meanwhile, the second group was assigned to Lab B, where Lab B still use the common biochemistry lab template even though it was still advanced compared to other labs around the world because mother giving some suggestion. So of course, spies from SHIELD and AIM is placed in Lab B.

Dane look around and saw that some people is missing and replaced by new people. “Chris who are the new people that grandfather hire? Are you sure they are trustworthy?” Dane asks Chris. “Hm? Oh don’t worry, they are people loyal to the Blackwell family, after all most of them comes from Bowery. And so you know, Bowery is one of Blackwell's oldest and most loyal sub-organizations” Chris explained.

“Oh, Bowery is an underground empire. They recruiting a large number of beggars, vagrants, and panhandlers to act as our eyes and ears in the city, and training pigeons to act as messengers, they established a large intelligence and data network across New York, without using the internet or phones, thus remaining anonymous and untraceable. Awesome right? Haha” Chris explain regarding the Bowery.

“Then is it okay to use them as worker like this?” Dane asks. “Wait how many people that grandfather has? Why not just use them from the start? So no spy will come in.” Dane mused. “Well unfortunately we don't have many people available for working class like this. And just so you know, people who have connections with the Blackwell family are very closely monitored, so even Bowery can't just let his people come here casually. He can only send people who are ready to change shifts to lay low and working at in administration side for a while.” Chris explains. “And all other people that loyal to Blackwell family is are people who occupy important positions in government and people who is in high class citizen. Well there is some people in the lower class but most of them is in undercover so we can’t pull them out just like that.” Chris finish her explanation.

“is it okay to tell me these things?” Dane confused. “Hmm I think it’s okay, after all after yesterday I'm sure that Raymond already planning to prep you for inheriting true Blackwell Family. Ah and before you ask, you mother refused and chose work at the hospital.” Chris tell Dane.

“I see, well I hope I won’t disappoint grandfather or the Blackwell Family as a whole.” Dane mused. “Don’t worry we know that you won’t.” Chris smile.

. . .

Three month later the first phase of the lab construction is complete, we celebrated and have a small party with them in the hotel. This is a show of power and also reminding them that no matter if they got an offer to tell the layout of the building they know that we can pay them more for the information.

In this three month, Dane wasted no time, he also reminds Chris on her promise to teach him in hacking. So that Dane schedules activities apart from supervising construction and the crew at day he learns about hacking at night. And in just a few weeks he was able to surpass Chris's abilities, and this made Chris very surprised, amazed and bitter. After all, she's been practicing her hacking skills for years. Because there is nothing more to teach, she calls Elliot to continue Dane’s training.

Elliot is a handsome man with tawny skin and close-cropped curly hair but what really stood out from him was his haunting eyes. They seem to see both outwardly and inwardly. They're sad, yet amused. Thousand-mile kind of eyes. Elliot is an interesting man. He speaks in a slow, just-woke-up drawl. From the file grandfather gave me he has anxiety disorder but when he touched the computer he was like a different person. Her eyes are sharp and focused. His typing and hacking speed surpassed Dane's ability. But with just over a month Dane has been able to keep up with Elliot and he tells Dane that he just needs experience now. Dane was also invited by Elliot to broke into several organizations and small companies as training.

After saying that Dane won’t need him anymore, Elliot is going be back at HQ but Dane asked him if he wanted to work together on his pet project. Creating an AI. Elliot of course interested, but as number 1 hacker within Blackwell Family, he need to go back to HQ after one month absent. So, he promised to take a look at Dane’s work from time to time.

Near the time the lab project was finished, Dane began asking his grandfather to order parts for Phase two. Dane also talked to his grandfather whether he could give up some of the people he absolutely trust, because phase two would involve building machine that Dane invent himself. His grandfather agrees with Dane's request and will send an off-duty agent that he can trust with his life later.

And now, a week after the completion of Phase 1 of the lab construction, Dane is standing in front of the Blackwell Top Agent that Grandfather trust. From the left he sees Chris Vineyard. The woman that assisted Dane during Phase 1 work. And now Chris has not only earned the trust of the Blackwell family, but also Dane's trust. beside her, Rosarita was also seen wearing her maid outfit. Dane knows that Rosarita is very loyal to her mother, but over the past 4 years Rosarita has also started to get close to Dane and began to show signs of loyalty towards Dane.

Elliot was standing here nervously with his hood covering almost his whole face. Dane saw him jittery looking left and right, maybe because he was in front of a crowd of people or away from his computer. OR maybe because Bob Lee Swagger and Henry Brogan is standing beside him.

Bob Lee Swagger is a white man with a curly hair and blue eyes. Swagger is a retired Marines and have a successful career as a Marine Sniper earning the nickname 'Bob the Nailer' for his uncanny ability with a rifle but after the death of his wife he become colder and distant. Grandfather can earn his loyalty after promising that his daughter will get a scholarship and protection from him. Now Swagger’s daughter is living with her aunt. Swagger feels that if he stays beside his daughter he will get hurt too. Henry Brogan is an african american that has dark brown eyes and black hair. The same as Swagger, Henry also a Marine Sniper. Both of them works as an exceptional assassin for the Blackwell Family.

Ignoring Elliot who looks at himself and signaling for help, Dane look at the man on the far right, Jack Ryan. From his looks he has a black eyes and hair. He is also having a tall and muscular body. Jack is also a former Marine which make Dane thinking that Blackwell family have ties with Military or has spies inside it. What surprised Dane was that Jack had extraordinary intelligence. After his military career was cut short at the age of 23, Dane saw a history of investment that make about $6 million from $100,000 initial investment. This record that make him on his grandfather's radar. It seems that after several talks, Jack agree become Blackwell spy inside CIA. I don’t know how grandfather does it but he succeeded turning Jack who has hero complex to become his spies.

The last person to come today is Lance Sterling. Lance is a tall African American man with brown eyes, big eyebrows, and a goatee. Different from the last tree person who is former Marine, Lance is one of orphan that grandfather pick up and sent to Blackwell orphanage. The children in the orphanage is raised and schooled to become loyal to Blackwell family. That’s the reason Blackwell family has many persons inside many important government positions.

After comes to age, Lance sterling choose to go to grandfather saying that he wanted to become Continental enforcer and from the file he has 100% successful mission but his obsession to fight fire with a bigger fire making him the last choice for covert mission. Seeing his perfect records, Dane isn’t surprised seeing his arrogant face.

“Hey kid, lets start yeah? Its kinda hot out here.” Lance said in arrogant tone earning a death glare from Rosarita. “The big boss said to come here and help you out, so what is the mission little boss.” Then he continues in a politer tone.

“Well there is no mission here but I need help in setting up some equipment for my lab.” Dane said. “Come again?” Lance asks in disbelief. “I said I need help in setting some equipment for my lab. See two barn there? That’s my lab.”

“No, wait, let’s back up here. I, Lance Sterling, Ace of your grandfather asked to come here only to become some manual labor? Haha. That’s funny.” Lance said while laughing but seeing Dane’s face unmoving he start to frown. “Seriously kid? Listen here kid I’m not just anybody you call alright? I-“

“That’s right, you are not just somebody. Everyone here is no ordinary person. Previously I asked my grandfather to send someone who has his complete trust and he send you people.” That seems shut Lance’s mouth and make him and everyone else stand prouder. ‘It’s seems grandfather is highly respected by these people, I also need to have same level of respect if I want to inherit this family.’ Dane thought seeing everyone expression.

“The reason why I ask someone who can be trusted is because the equipment that will be made and installed in this lab are my own invention.” Dane said while giving several blueprints to everyone. “And if these equipments falls into the wrong hands it will have dire consequences.” Dane warns everyone.

At first they were skeptical, but after seeing the blueprints and hearing Dane's direct explanation, they realized that Dane was a genius child. They also realized that the equipment that Dane had invented could not only make a lot of money if sold but could also be made into dangerous weapons.

Remembering his arrogant tone at the start, Dane surprised that Lance is the one who is most proud of him but recalling how he was saved by grandfather and become one of the most loyal agent of Blackwell family Dane thinks that he is just glad that Blackwell family is having a good heir.

“Okay little boss, how we’re going to do this?” Lance asks.

“Hmm, from the file that I got from my grandfather, I have made a work plan to make the construction and installation of this equipment more effective.” Dane starts explaining. “First of all, we need to divide your position to several post, first I will be the head here and oversee all the works, I also will work on fine tuning and to analyze the functionality of the equipment with Elliot.” Dane then look at Elliot who nodded.

“Next, to those who has a steady hand, maybe Henry and Swagger who is a sniper, can work on the work that requires precision. I also need the men also need to move some heavy materials and parts. While the girls can work on parts that requires a gentle and delicate touch.” Dane finish his explanation.

“Can you really manage this?” Henry asks. He thinks that even though the kid is genius in theories, this does not yet prove that he will be successful in practice.

Take it easy Henry, if there is a mistake I will help him. Besides, I have seen this blue print before so I know the steps that need to be taken.” Chris reassure Henry who nodded.

“You do? When? No forget it.” Dane shakes his head. “Is there any other question?” Dane look around. “No? Alright let’s get to works then.” After that everyone start working.

2