Chapter 8
181 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the design lab that Dane made, there are two things that are most crucial and fundamental. First is a source of electricity and energy. Maybe a Marvel fan will immediately think of making an ARC Reactor, as the Arc Reactor is famously known as a source of limitless energy that supports the life of Tony Stark and also is the power source for the Iron Man suit. But Dane thinks with his intelligence and knowledge that comes from his past life experiences and knowledge from Marvel comics, Dane tries to create an ARC Reactor that is better than Tony Stark.

To create a better ARC Reactor, Dane needed to know how ARC Reactor itself worked.

From what Dane knew, the Stark Arc Reactor is most likely a Multi-Isotope Radio-Decay Cell. The circular part of the Arc Reactor tells us that there are highly energized particles moving in a circular path due to magnetic field acting upon them, and thus generating energy through collisions, much like how the Large Hadron Collider works in his past life.

Dane remembers from the movies that the Arc Reactor has a palladium core and emits a white-blue light, indicating the presence of Cherenkov Radiation, a phenomenon which causes white-blue light to appear from an underwater reactor due to nuclear decay. Palladium isotopes possess distinct nuclear properties, and as a result, the reactor produces more energy than required for it to keep running.

Palladium is also responsible for cold nuclear fusion, due to its ability to absorb hydrogen. Thus, the Arc Reactor runs on lower temperatures that do not damage the human body, while also producing electricity directly through the generation of minimal amount of heat, resulting in higher efficiency.

Therefore, the operation of the Arc Reactor is initialized through the ionization of palladium through an electric arc, while the radiation (Gamma rays) thus generated, coupled with the collisions of the particles inside the core, produces a potential difference in the core, thus causing current to flow in the reactor.

From this explanation, there are several components that can hypothetically be replaced using new components. Of course, with the aim of improving the performance of the ARC Reactor that Dane will make.

Initially Dane wanted to find a new element that could replace Palladium, but due to the limited processing time, finally he only used the element Danesium, originally known as Badassium, which is an element that Tony Stark will make in the future. But now that this element is a completely new element, Dane named the element after himself.

The next thing Dane changed was the part that generates the magnetic field. From the Comic Dane remembers that there was a villain who created a work called Magno-Fluid. By using Magno-Fluid, the villain can glue two objects together using electromagnetic energy. With a few tweaks, Dane managed to create and use Magno-Fluid to become a Liquid Metal coiling around the ARC Reactor. The results are very significant, with this change ARC Reactor can be made smaller. Meaning, ARC Reactor with the same size can produce more energy.

The last thing Dane improve was the usage of Blackwell Particle. This particle, in the Comic, originally called Parker Particle but since Dane is the one discovers it first, Dane named these particles after his family name. Blackwell Particles were originally discovered by Reed Richards, who never disclosed the details of his discovery as he deemed them too dangerous. Later, they were rediscovered by Peter Parker.

The Blackwell Particles are a hyper-kinetic form of energy tied directly to the expansion of the universe, near-limitless power. When quantified, Reed Richards said these powers would keep growing along with the universe's expansion. So, with the use of the Blackwell Particle, even though there is energy lost in the process of producing energy, with the use of this Blackwell Particle the energy in the ARC Reactor is not reduced but instead continues to increase exponentially along with the expansion of the universe.

If the discovery of Danesium is make everyone of Blackwell Family proud because Dane creates a clean and stable source of energy, the discovery of Blackwell Particle worrying everyone involved in the project, including my grandfather and mother. Dane understood their concern because a slight error in construction would result in a fatal lab accident. Apart from that, it was feared that knowledge about these particles would fall into the hands of irresponsible people, so grandfather immediately decided to issue a gag order which everyone agrees. Not only that, grandfather also ordered after the construction, they had to delete all digital data related to this ARC Reactor.

Next, the second thing that needs to be considered in the Lab built by Dane is computation capabilities. Which of course the solution is a supercomputer. In making this supercomputer Dane asked grandfather to order several parts of the supercomputer from different manufacturing plants. This is done in order to prevent the manufacturing plant from knowing the Supercomputer design that Dane will make.

Fortunately, in the installation of the Supercomputer, Dane did not create any new Elements. If not, maybe it will make everyone have a heart attack. However, it is not known by them that Dane already has plans to upgrade this Supercomputer but is still hindered by the technology that exists today. Therefore, Dane needs to wait or create the technology itself.

Making a supercomputer is physically easier because it only requires assembling parts that have previously been ordered. In addition, Dane has also designed an excellent use of energy and heat management. The difficult thing here is the software installation. Finally, after a debate between Dane and Elliot, they agreed to make their own OS based on LINUX.

Another thing that is important here is the installation of AI on this supercomputer. Fortunately, Dane and Elliot have been working on this AI since during the development of the Phase 1 Lab. So, it doesn't take a long time to install and turn on this AI. Finally, D.A.R.Y.L. or Data Analyzing Robot Youth Lifeform is created.

Even though Dane said that this AI is still in early steps and still need several, everyone is still impressed because the AI known to the public now only belongs to Tony Stark. Mother asked if this AI could help the efficiency of her work and while grandfather ask id it could help the entire Blackwell operation. Dane explained that for now this AI can only be used for Data Analyzing. But he also said he could still develop this AI for more complex tasks. Everyone was satisfied with Dane's answer.

After 3 months of work, finally the problem of electricity and energy sources and the lab's computing capability was resolved. In these 3 months Dane has been very busy. If he wasn't limited by his body which was still 4 years old, he would work day and night.

During this time, Dane also tried to bond with agents around him. First, he asked about the experiences of the marines at war. Lance, Henry and Jack shared their experiences of fighting, some is cool but some is nightmare inducing. Chris also scolded them for telling their very bloody history. They defensively say that after working with Dane, they sometimes forget that they are working with a 4 year old child.

Unfortunately, Swagger is not a very talkative person, so Dane did not have the opportunity to hear about his life in the marine corps. Dane remembers about Swagger's trauma so Dane doesn’t not push him.

The interesting thing is Dane's conversation with Jack. Since Dane found out that Jack Ryan is our people in CIA, although he is a CIA agent, he is not a field agent, but an analyst. He crunches some data and using those data to predicting future. Dane ask to be thought by him, at first, he hesitate but after the first lesson and Dane surprisingly can keep up with him, he teach all he could. Within two weeks he learns all he could and asking Ryan if he interested in a project of his about an algorithm that can predict a person's probability/propensity to commit a crime. Dane call it Crime Coefficient. Ryan is a little disturbed with that so he warns Dane to be careful with this project. He said that everyone is innocent before actually committing a crime. So only having the possibility or intention cannot be determined that he is a criminal He said he would not be involved in the project, but he said he could consult himself on some of the analyzes Dane would do.

During the time of making this lab, not everyone stayed, but sometimes Henry and Swagger were called on for missions. When they returned, they told me that not all calls were calls to kill, sometimes it was an overwatch or threat analysis.

At the end of the schedule, Dane made the final move, that is Dane need to test some of the equipment in his lab. After all the equipment was running smoothly, Dane invited everyone who was participating in the small and intimate barbecue party. Unfortunately Swagger left saying that this reminded of his family.

‘Well at least he sating something now. The last three month he is even quieter than Rosarita.’ Dane thought.

Swagger left but not before Mother thanked him after the help he give for Dane. Mother also giving her thanks to other member is talk and thanked all of the people that helping me creating this.

Dane and Elliot are talking excitedly about all the kind of things that they can do with the supercomputer that they create. Lance and Henry are talking about the mission, or more accurately Lance is bragging, and Henry keeps reminding him about the classified part of the missions. Surprisingly Chris has to leave in the middle of the party to investigate a group of vigilantes that killing people that take advantage of woman in LA. Knowing grandfather he is looking if they can be make loyal to Blackwell family and stationed in the western America as his influence especially in Vegas is wavering due to gang wars there.

. . .

The next day, Dane was invited to visit his mother's hospital. Dane is a bit reluctant, after all he wanted to immediately do some experiments in his lab. But after coercion from his mother, Dane finally relented and joined.  Alexandra thinks that she is worried because Dane has seen her grandfather's hotel. He wanted to show Dane that he didn't have to follow in his grandfather's bloody and dark footsteps. So, she also wanted to show the bright side of the world which is the hospital and how they help people directly.

From the outside, it can be seen that this hospital has a very beautiful garden. Dane, although not someone who can enjoy nature, was very impressed by this park. Dane guessed that the creation of this garden was intended to make patients relax. In the inside, Dane see and analyze that this hospital is truly state of the art. Starting from the hygiene protocol to the technology used.

Mother talks about his hospital, CareSource company which provides medicines for common disease that are affordable to all people. Dane impressed by that and asks if he can create better and cheaper drug sell it. Remembering about Dane's abilities when building his lab his mother had no doubt about Dane's abilities so she explained the steps and experiments before the drug was marketed.

Her mother also shared about her research in genetics. Dane then also shared his understanding in this matter. His mother was very happy that Dane was interested in this research. But unknown to his mother, Dane was interested in this research because of the Super Soldier Serum.

After touring around this big hospital, Dane finally goes home.

2