Unexpected Surprises Pt. 2
1.3k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dinner was silent as mom and dad still did not see eye to eye. After the dishes were done, the girls and I went to Holly's room so that we could watch a movie and give our parents some time to talk things over. It was weird. A couple nights ago, it was just my sister and me, but now it felt like we were slowly building a larger family. Who knows? Maybe mom and dad would get back together, but I do not really see that happening with how much they argue!

When the movie was over, it was about time for everyone to go to bed. Mom wanted to be back home early so that she could confront her boss. Esme and Ashley were given blankets to make a pallet on the floor in Hollys' room. Taylor and I were going to share the guest room for the night.

After telling everyone goodnight and getting me something to drink, I headed to the bedroom. Without thinking, I opened the door to the bathroom. Standing there completely naked and wet, was Taylor, the look of shock across her face. For a moment, I stood there, staring as she scrambled to cover herself before fully realizing what was going on.

“Oh my god, Taylor, I am so sorry. I didn’t think to knock.” I said as I covered my face and ran out of the bathroom. I couldn’t believe it after only 3 full nights of knowing each other. I saw her naked. I couldn’t believe it. I was so embarrassed, but at the same time, something sparked that I didn’t think would given my body change. I guess the storm did not change my sexuality.

After about 5 minutes, Taylor came out of the bathroom wearing a beautiful nightshirt. Her hair was hanging over her shoulders, still slightly dripping. Her face was red, and considering how long she had been in after that, I knew that it was not from the heat of the room.

“I am so sorry, Taylor. I can’t believe I did not notice that you were not in bed,” I said as I tried not to look her in the face. What made it worse was that I could not help staring at her while she was naked. She was so beautiful. I know I shouldn’t be as embarrassed, as she has seen me naked not once but twice.

“No, I am sorry. I should have locked the door. I am so used to us girls having our own bathrooms that I sometimes forget that most people have to share bathrooms.” She said while still blushing as she sat on the bed. “I mean, it isn’t like I haven’t seen you naked already.” She said, blushing even more as she said it.

“True, but those times couldn’t be helped. I did not exactly choose to be naked in public.” I said, blushing. Then something happened that sent goosebumps down my entire body. She placed her hand on my thigh. She was smiling, but she was still blushing.

“You know, I have to say, the way look now is wonderful,” Taylor said with a softness in her voice. It was strange. The way she said it was almost as if she was shy. This only made things worse as it felt like my heart was going beat out of my chest with how fast it was beating at this moment.

“Um, I will be right back. I need to take a shower now.” I say as I move her hand from my thigh. The look she gave me was almost like she had been defeated. Her lip pouted a little, which made my heart jump. She was both cute and made me feel sad about that look. “What is wrong?” I asked as I got down on my knees.

“It’s just….. no, I can’t say. Please go get your bath and come back. I don’t want to be alone in this room again tonight.” She says as she begins to tremble. I guess the effect of her parents kicking her out was still there.

“I will hurry, I promise. “ I say as I grab one of the nightshirts that mom gave me to wear. Although I was curious to explore my new body, I really wanted to be there for Taylor right now. Turning on the water, I undressed in the mirror, again admiring what I looked like in human form while I waited for the water to warm up.

It took me less time to take a shower and dry than it did a couple nights ago. Having a human body was less of a hassle, but I knew it would not always be this way. Even though I enjoyed this necklace giving me the ability to blend in, it also gave me an out of body experience. Sighing, I removed the crystal, feeling my body revert to my new original shape.   

When I left the bathroom, Taylor was still sitting at the edge of the bed where I left her. Walking over, I sat next to her. Without warning, she laid her head against my shoulder. The cold, damp feeling of her hair against my fur sent shivers down my spine again.

“I have tried to be strong. I have tried to pretend that I was okay, but it is just so hard. My own parents didn’t want me.” she said as tears started falling down her cheek. Instinctively I lifted my arm so that her head fell into my lap. In the next moment, I was stroking her hair as mom used to do to with me when I was sad or was not feeling good. She stayed like that for quite a while.

After what seemed like an hour, Taylor seemed to have stopped crying. Then she sat up and looked at me with her soft eyes. There was something about the way she looked at me. I don’t quite know how to describe it, but it was like when you see something on the television that just makes you want to buy it.

“Angel, you have been so kind to me. I don’t know what I would have done without your or your mom's help.” She said as she smiled, but her eyes never changed. Her face was so beautiful, with her ears twitching, making it more attractive. “Could you…. put your necklace back on for a moment?” she asked.

Reaching in a pile of clothes I left lying on the bed, I pulled out my necklace and put it on, as the sensation of my body changing swept over me once again. How could I have refused a face that beautiful?

“I wanted to find a way to thank you for all that you have done for me, but I couldn’t figure away until now.” She said. Before I knew what was going on or could react, she leaned up and kissed me. Not on the cheek like most friends do. Instead, she kissed me on the lips. Her soft lips pressed against mine. As if by instinct. I kissed her back as I wrapped her in a hug. I could feel her heart beating against my chest. And then she pulled away.

“Thank you again for all that you have done, Angel.” She said as she blushed yet again. For a moment, I could not even think enough to form words. I had no idea what had just happened. Well, I knew what happened, but I don’t know what brought it on. Did she really like me like that? Or was it just out of wanting to repay me for something that I really didn’t have anything to do with?

“I… know this may sound weird, but could you lie with me and hold me until I fall asleep.” She asked shyly. Her tail was wrapped around her in such a way that it looked like she was waiting for rejection. But instead, I smiled.

“Sure, I can do that,” I said. Taylor then scooted up on the bed until her head was on the pillow before stretching like a cat. Great, another way of her being adorable. Once she was comfortable, I turned off the lamp and crawled in bed next to her wrapping my arm around her pulling her into me. Within a few moments, she was fast asleep.

As I laid there listening to her sleep, I thought about all that had happened since that party. As much as I wanted to hate that storm, I don’t think I would be where I was right now if we hadn’t been there. I know it may sound corny, but I never wanted her to leave my side now. Something made me desire to keep her close and to protect her from any harm.

Time passed by slowly while I laid next to Taylor. The feeling of her breathing against me. Her ears are slowly twitching as she dreamed whatever she was dreaming. Sighing softly to myself, I closed my eyes, thinking about what my life would be like now. The last thought to go through my head was how we would get through what life was about to throw at us, but I knew that there was nothing we could not do as long as we stayed together.

 

42