2.11 Insecurities
338 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, let me get this straight. Your kind don’t ever wear clothes?” Taylor asked Aliona with a bit of annoyance in her voice. I knew that she would have an issue with it, but I didn’t guess just how much of an issue.

“No. But you don’t see me going around asking you why you wear clothes. We were taught that our bodies were what would help us find mates,” Aliona shot back. I started to question if it was such a good idea to agree that Aliona would come with us, but I felt so bad about her being abandoned.

“Well, of course, you wouldn’t ask us why we wear clothes. That is what is normal,” Taylor said. I could tell that she was getting angry, but I didn’t understand why. She knew that my heart belonged to her.

“Babe, why are you so worried about her being naked. It’s not like she is trying to steal me. And besides, you know I only have eyes for you,” I said, trying to calm the situation.

“That might be, but let’s face it, your eyes wander just as much as mine. We don’t need that kind of distraction. We have a mission to complete. Unless you have already forgotten,” Taylor said, snapping at me. This wasn’t like her. She really did seem insecure, though I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why. I have never given her a reason to question my love for her.

“If it is that much of a problem, then I will try to figure out how to cover myself. The last thing I want is for you two to be upset with me,” Aliona said, sitting down. Just then, I noticed something I didn’t before. She was bare down there too. It wasn’t as noticeable because of the down feathers, but I could clearly see her vulva. I guess Taylor noticed, too, because her face became even redder.

“Please cover yourself. You have my girlfriend staring at your pussy,” Taylor said. I almost choked when I heard her say it like that. She wasn’t usually one to talk like that outside of the bedroom. Either this place was changing her, or there was a side of her hiding from me.

“What is a girlfriend? And I was not trying to have your friend here stare at me. I did not make her. Why can’t you understand that for me, all that you are complaining about is natural for my kind?” Aliona said as tears started to fall down her cheeks. This was getting a little out of hand.

“Taylor, stop. Yelling at her for being who she is isn’t helping anyone. What about the way that your parents treated you. That is exactly what you are doing right now. Don’t you see how you are hurting her?” I asked. This wasn’t like her at all. It was almost like Taylor was channeling everything that she hated about her parents.

Taylor looked as if she was going to say something, then looked at the ground. I heard her sigh as she sat down on the ground next to the fire. “You’re right. I am sorry. Sometimes I just worry that one day I will wake up and it is all going to be just a dream. I don’t want to lose you, Angel,” Taylor said as she started to cry. Now I had two beautiful girls crying, and I didn’t know what to do.

“Taylor. You are never going to lose me. Don’t you see that? You are my world. Sure, Aliona is pretty, but she’s not you. Plus, we just met. I am not the kind of person to just up and leave because I find something new and shiny,” I said, pulling her into me. Aliona looked at us, puzzled.

“So, wait, you two are mating?” Aliona asked as she wiped her tears from her face.

“Yes. You see, we aren’t from this world. I know it is hard to believe, but it is true. We came here through a portal, following a man and a girl about our age. He kidnapped her from our world so he could come here,” I said. I heard how ridiculous it sounded as it left my mouth. How the hell would anyone believe that.

“So, that’s what that big hole was. I thought maybe I had eaten Gingaberries again. Don’t eat them. They make you see things that aren’t there,” Aliona said. I jerked my head up.

“Wait, you saw the portal? Did you see the man and girl who came through it?” I asked. She looked at me confused, then shook her head.

“All I saw was two girls. One was badly injured, and the other was doing her best to carry her. I would have offered to help, but going near the village is dangerous. There are those there that believe that we harpies are the ones who are stealing their cows,” Aliona said. I blinked. She saw us when we came out of the portal but doesn’t know it was us?

“That was us. We were chasing that man here to rescue the girl, but I was stabbed and passed out. If not for Taylor, I would have died,” I said. Taylor looked up from my chest and smiled.

“I would do it all over again. Although, please don’t make me good on my word. I don’t know if I could handle it again.”Taylor said as she leaned against me again.

As we sat there, my stomach protested at the fact that I needed food. That’s great. Go out to find wood and food. Bring wood and a harpy instead. Jokingly I wondered if we could cook her, but as soon as I thought about it, I instantly hated myself. Even joking, it was wrong.

“You do remember that we have the food we stole off them guys, right. Your stomach is disturbing my moment,” Taylor said teasingly. I almost forgot that we had food with us. Shaking my head at my own stupidity, I went for the makeshift bag, bringing back the pot and the dried meat.

“Aliona, you know these woods better than we could. Do you think you could find us some water and some plant food that I can cook with this meat?” I asked. She blinked for a moment.

“Are you trying to get rid of me?” she asked defensively. Just what I needed, another insecure girl. Today was just not my lucky day.

“No. I really don’t want to try to cook already dried meat, and we don’t eat meat alone,” I said. Aliona nodded, though she still looked worried.

“Here is this pot for the water, and you can use this as a bag to carry what you find back. I promise we will be here when you get back,” I said as I handed Aliona the pot and the cloth. She took them, and with a worried glance back, took off heading back into the woods.

“Aside from my worry that she is going to steal you, she does seem like a nice girl,” Taylor said, still nestled against my shoulder. I smiled lightly. There was the girl that I fell in love with. I hoped I never saw the other girl again.

It was almost thirty minutes before Aliona returned. She looked happy as she saw that we were still where she left us. She sat the pot of water on the ground next to me, then sat down the cloth bag. I saw what looked like apples and some weird form of a carrot. There were also potatoes. At least some of the vegetation was the same as back home.

Pulling out the feather blade that I saved from the last time we were in a fight, I began cutting up the meat and the vegetables and apples. It would be a little weird cooking a stew with apples, but it was better than nothing.

The camp area exploded with the delicious smell of my stew as it boiled. It wouldn’t be long before we were able to eat. Looking between Taylor and Aliona, I was happy that I wasn’t in this world alone.

11