prologue
145 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The quest book.

The book contains a hundred quests and grants a reward for any person who completed it.

 

“…”

“…”

I found myself staring at the plain black book without even a title.  

And before me was a bookseller, staring at me with her undivided attention.

Is it okay?

I asked myself.

I’m in the starting line of my journey to know everything about this new world. Accepting a quest book would somehow derail my objective one way or another. But there is a reward waiting for me there.

This is not a fluke... right?

If I ended up doing the quests earnestly only to find out there was no gold at the end of the rainbow, there’s no doubt this will be my dumbest decision ever. Nope… I’ll be one of the dumbest people in history.

As I was having a hard time making a choice, a certain incident helps me to decide.

I see...

I shifted my mask at the book which glowed after I did something about the thief.

“S-so… A-are you going to take it? Mister Philosopher” she spoke with a shaky voice.

“I’ll take it,” I said nonchalantly.

This book just glows after a completed a quest. This was the evidence that something was waiting for me upon its completion. Isn’t unraveling the mysteries of the book coincides with my objective?

I also think having adventures while taking quests is more enjoyable. But there’s no need to get serious about the book. After all this just a side quest.

From the book, I shifted my head to return her earnest gaze.

“I’ll be having an adventure so I shall take this book for pastime.”

 

 

6