Chapter XXIII : Jolly Roger from Ten Years Ago
117 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They said that water could also reflect the image of the past. And as a water borne creature, Little Nene, the pitiful Undine despite having lost most of its powers, could still see the image of the past others intended for it to see. 

But because little Nene is a low level water creature, it could only see pass the past of someone with the same level as it or lower level than it.

Using their connection, Little Nene's master always talk to it using telepathic voice or often times, its master will used water mirror just to see the annoying Captain. 

That's why, when little Nene received these bunch of memories it was very surprised at first. Then, this surprised turned into horror.

This could only mean one thing. And little Nene was sure that is was very bad. Very, very bad.

And sure enough–

A childish chuckled echoes within little Nene's tiny head. A voice seems like a broken record that keep on sounding inside its head.

"...I wonder how long can you last..."

"...a Nereid without a heart is very vulnerable..."

"...I wonder how long can you last..."

Like it was strike by a harsh lightning, Little Nene jumped in panicked. With its frightened and 'don't know what to do' expression, it flew towards the emotional Captain in an instant.

It couldn't control it's speed at all. And with a loud 'Splash', Little Nene crashed against Captain Hook's head, drenching his head to his shoulders wet. Little Nene was cold, and it was like a cold water thrown on top of Captain Hook's head, waking him from his emotional anxiety.

Surprised, Captain Hook looked dumbfounded at the growing bubbling water in mid air. Little Nene's body was scattered from the crash but it was quickly forming again.

Captain Hook didn't know what happened, nonetheless, the first thing he did is to check on the dimming gem on his hand. After a careful inspection, Captain Hook sigh in relief. He slumped on his sit and turn to looked at the slowly forming undine in front of him.

"What's the matter?" He asked impatiently. Right now, he wanted to be alone and think life as is. His instinct was telling him that, that idiotic fool is now in danger. This gem, this euclase is the evidence.

This is Smee's heart. Ten years ago, Smee surrender his heart to Captain Hook saying that this gemstone will help them protect themselves from the sun.

And it did, with this gemstone, whenever sun rose, they sink. They will enter the barrier between the surface and the deep. Although, Smee never utters any word about this gem being his heart. How could Captain Hook not know a thing. This gem protected them for ten years and this gem stayed with Captain Hook for ten years, everyday, every minutes and seconds. How could he not know? Even if that idiotic fool tried to hide it from him, how could he not know...

Now, the euclase is turning black. Captain Hook does know what it means, but he knew Smee was in danger. How could that be? He just couldn't think about it. That man, though he looks like a fool and acts like a fool is the most powerful person Captain Hook had ever met.

Now, that powerful person might be in danger. He... doesn't know what to do.

...

When little Nene heard Captain Hook's impatient inquiry in the midst of her panicked, Little Nene immediately puff in and quickly turning back to its original form. 

Without letting Captain Hook say another word, little Nene throw a splash of water in the air. The water then, turned into a water curtain. And from there, various image appeared.

What little Nene saw is what reflected in this water mirror. 

And as Captain Hook watched the memories further. His pale face paled even more. And not only his deep frown disappeared, even his annoyed and aloofness vanished in an instant.  

What left is Captain Hook's blank face and his brown eyes wavering unprecedented fear.

...

...

...

"Argh! Whose gonna walk the plank today!" Hoarse voice sounded so terrible like sand paper being scratched by sharp nails. And though the sounds is quite horrible and torturous to hear, the tone of the speaker seems quite strange. More so, the individual was standing high up in the ship's Crow's nest.

(A/N: crow's nest– the upper part of the main mast of a ship or a structure that is used as a lookout point.)

A normal looking pirate that was holding his own arm, and that amputated arm was holding a telescope. With a eerie smile pasted from his lips, the pirate pull his amputated arm, placed the telescope in his eye and peer the view with its magnefying glass.

Such a difficult posture, nevertheless, Nooder, the pirate with only one arm gladly did so without heavy feelings.

Moving the telescope around. Nooder with his lips curl up suddenly started humming. While on the inside, he was making fun of his mates below, that kinda look like the have come from a circus.

"♪♪I'm a pirate, a pirate~♪♪" having just blurted out the first line, a "hehehe" laugh came out from his mouth as he saw a large figure coming out from the shadows right at the direction of the dock. 

It was Cookson, who's figure seems to weight a ton with his silver ladle and red apron. The fat guy has this satisfied expression and keep nodding as he carefully inspect every corner of Jolly Roger.

"~♪♪Sailing on the sea ♪♪"

As Nooder continues his song, he shifted the telescope towards the quarter deck. There he saw Ed Teynte– the quarter master. Though, his a quarter master, the second in command of the ship, Nooder still can't help but snicker a laugh, seeing as this quarter master was sleeping on the job. Unlike Cookson who was nodding in satisfaction, Ed Teynte was nodding with a slump back. His both arms hanged around the steering wheel, like he was embracing it, but his eyes were wide opened. Black and red veins decorated his eye balls. Light luster couldn't be seen in his black iris. Ed Teynte looks like a corpse that was left there at the wheel to rotten. But clearly, he was just nodding off.

"♪♪A pirate, a pirate~♪♪"

"~♪♪A pirate life's for me~♪♪"

Turning his telescope somewhere once more, Nooder saw the sea painter sitting cross-legged on the forecast deck. A map was neatly spread on the ground with bunch of navigation tools and his notebook and pen scattered around. 

Robert Mulins took a sextant and raise it towards the night sky. He was mumbling something and keep scribbling on his notebook. After a second longer, Nooder got bored looking at the nerd and went to find the other trouble makers, as well as continue his song towards the end.

(A/N: Sextant– traditional navigation tools used to calculate the ship's position by measures the angle between two objects, such as the horizon and a celestial object)

"♪♪A pirate, a pirate~♪♪"

"~♪♪The ocean is my home♪♪"

"Ahoy! Set a sail!~♪♪"

"Yohoho!~♪♪"

As Nooder hummed the last line of the song, within his telescope he saw groups of undead crowding at the corner of forecastle. Skylights, with his half white face, sat on the edge of the ship. His hand held his gold mirror, while his other hand still pitifully caress his scarred face. Nooder saw this with his dead pan eyes and choose to ignore the narcissist.

When he was just about to moved his hand, although, he was high above, Nooder still heard an incredible irritating and horrible voice of someone below the deck. 

The voice sounded like an echo from underground, but this particular voice is not deep and low like the others. It's was thin and crispy, fortunately it was not high and sharp, or else their ears were long been gone. But the irritating part is the voice Italian accent. Nooder didn't have any prejudice towards those with the same accent, but Cecco's way of speaking is trully irritating. Especially, the way he dress...

Nooder couldn't even compare who is more annoying– the narcissist Skylights, or Cecco with weird accent.

From his position, Nooder could only hear light murmurs, he didn't know what they were talking about. But it seems that while Skylights ignores others and only appreciate himself in front of his mirror, Cecco on the other hand seems dissatisfied towards the undead person in front of him, which is Black Pirates.

Raising his revolver gun towards the Black Pirates' skull, Cecco with firm gripped of the trigger, unhesitatingly pulled it. 

Bang! 

Bullet fly straight to Black Pirates' head. Unfortunately, ordinary bullet doesn't harm them even a slight scratched. The bullet bounds off, once it made contact with the black skull. Golden sparks appeared as the bullet fly off in different direction and ended up planting a hole in the notebook of the sea painter. 

Inside the circular view from the telescope, Nooder clearly saw Robert Mulins dazed expression after having a bullet hole in notebook.

A loud roar of laugher then sounded. Little Richard who was hanging in one of the shrouds near the forecastle, laugh like a little villain looking down from his high position. 

Cecco, after hearing that burst of laugher became more pissed and suddenly charge towards Black Pirates in fast speed. He made a hard step with his right leg and twisted his hips. Raising his left leg, Cecco attacked Black Pirates using a hard kick under his chin.

And 'whoshh' Black Pirates head went flying. 

Nodder: "..." 

Shaking his head helplessly, when seeing this kind of scene, Nooder can't help but feel a bit nostalgic.

Jolly Rogers was once like this, before everything transpired.

Cookson, will always inspect the ship every night after cooking for our meal. His action is very confusing to Nooder, so he asked Cookson once before: "Why don't you take time inspecting the ship in daytime? The view from the day is different to night. There may some edges or corner you can't clearly see in the night that are clear in the day."

After Nooder said his opinion, Cookson looked at Nooder as if he was an idiot. "Yer all busy cracking skull and cleaving a man to the brisket, where the bloody fish tail can this bucko find time to look at the ship." Nooder just nodded a little bewildered, after hearing Cookson's answers. He has a point, though. And speaking off, Cookson never made a mistake so far. He was able to repair and maintain the ship to its peak, like it was good as new.

Though, Nooder don't know anything about reapairing a ship, or controlling a ship. Nooder is a lookout. He came from the Bird Tribe. With the highest blood combination of an eagle and a Hawk, Nooder have the clearest and sharpest eyes within the crew. Every scars, cracks, and scratches to Jolly Rogers, Nooder could see them even without using a magnifying glass.

Well, that was before. Ten years ago, tragedy strucked Jolly Roger that made them hover between life and death. It took away half of the strength and power. And over time, as this tragedy lingers within this ship, it slowly eat away the things that are left within this rotten body of theirs. 

Their Captain became more irritated and indifferent. Robert Mulins, although he was still bringing his notebook everywhere. Everyone here knows that what was written there wad getting longer and longer. He was supposed to have the longest and highest memory span in this ship. Cookson as well, as if he turned into a retard. He keeps on walking around the ship, making his inspection rounds, like every night. But it's always night time here. So, Everytime Cookson finished a round of inspection, like a person with dementia, he will do it again and again and again. 

Black Pirates was reduced to just bones and skull and seems to be driven only by instinct. Skylights, only care about his face even before. But now he was rendered by anxiety of his face becoming more ugly. Cecco, became more violent and blood thirsty. Little Richard's IQ was total went to the drain and became negative. Ed Teynte always sleeps. Gentleman Starkey become a bloody perverted lunatic, who always smile like some serial killer. Bill Jukes is even more obsessed with his tattoos. Always painting it with new ink as the older dries.

The others, George Scourie, Charles Turely, and Foggerty all turned into a heartless murderers. Except for Black Pirates, these three were the once who rushes and dye the sea red. They will laugh "hihihi" while dividing the bodies they captured into pieces while listening to their miserable painful scream and be thrown to the sea once.mlre to be eaten by fishes.

Nonetheless, no one dared to criticize these three idiots and one walking black bones. Because like them, everyone else's is the same. It just like, they were great in keeping it in and enduring their murderous minds. 

This is what they were turning into.

"...a mindless undead who only knew how to slather and massacre." Nooder whispered. He then, looked up towards the triplet moons and sigh emotionally. 

There's only one person who could help them. The cabin boy who is still missing. 

Nooder turned to looked at the dilated door of Captain's Cabin, and thought of the possibilities of their Captain going in rage if that cabin boy still lingers outside of Jolly Roger.

Of course, not just him. Everyone is anxious about how their Captian will act. That's Smee we're talking about. Who didn't know Captain's relationship with that Cabin boy. Actually with Smee's capabilities he can take this ship himself if a mutiny rise. Unfortunately, within Jolly Roger, crew position is just a name tag. Infact everyone is capable. Except for that cabin boy who is a monster with everything and their Captain who can't do almost nothing. Jolly Roger is a top notch pirate ship, if that tragedy from ten years ago didn't occured. 

But what they didn't expect is...

BAM! The door of the Captain's cabin flew opened. Captain Hook was standing behind the broken door wearing a blank expression. He wore his red coat, his pirate dress were as tidy and neat as always. But his aura is no where near the usual explosive Captain. Every crew mates stopped what they doing and quieted. The all turned their head and looked towards their Captain. Black Pirates head, was luckily catched by Gentleman Starkey when he was walking his way around the ship. With a his creepy smile, he kindly held the skull head and directed it towards the direction of the Captain.

And what's more shocking is what the Captain shouted after his sudden appearance.

"Bring a Spring Upon ‘er!"

(A/N: Pirate language means turn the ship in a different direction.)

"We're taking a short cut. Sail straight! Follow the directions for the Rainbow Bridge!"

'Are they not going to wait for that cabin boy anymore?' that question stayed inside the rotten brains of the undead crew as they listened and obeyed the Captain's order.

...

...

...

The plot is getting closer to the ones I have written before. Though, I made great changes, it np. We're getting their slowly but surely!

Btw, the song Nooder sang is a children song as well!! I really love children songs! So, if you want to hear the whole song check it out in YouTube. 

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ https://youtu.be/ayjdd8knSsM

2