Chapter 2: 8-Years Old
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes as I felt something tickling at my nose. "Hello, Peanuts!" Peanuts snuggled up to my cheek at the sound of my voice. I yawn as I sit up from my bed. I slowly lift up the curtain to peek outside my window and check to see that it's still dark outside. The wooden houses that lined the cobblestone streets were all silent.

I quickly got out my bed as I know I probably only have at most an hour before the sun starts to rise and people start appearing on the streets. I quietly walk towards the center of my room where my pile of metal parts is. Since I was 5 years old and learned that I had an incredible knack for tinkering with metal scraps, I spend all my time creating wacky things such as an automatic slingshot and watches that can transform into an emergency knife. Obviously, my father hasn't taken much of a liking to my hobby as he is always nervous that people would hear me, but I think that living above a mechanic shop helps create excuses.

A part of me doesn't understand his fears; so what if my ears aren't at the top of my heads and I don't have fur all over my face? Ever since I've been conscious of my surroundings, I've never stepped out of this house. I'm told that it's too dangerous and the fact that I'm a 'human'- a race that has been supposedly extinct for the past century- would mass chaos.

I began to set up my tools in order to create my new project; a realistic cat head. 

1