Pummeling and Taming
1.1k 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the late chapter. Was at work yesterday and went to sleep straight after.

I just finished writing this chapter so if you spot any spelling or grammar mistakes, then please do comment it so I can fix it at once!

A few minutes earlier.

Looking at the mini-map from the corner of his eyes, Jaden couldn't help but shake his head. "This map is seriously big...I've been walking for a long time now..."

'I should get a mount as soon as possible.' he thought as he looked at the surrounding that was filled with either the bones of the dead or ruined castles and houses, seemingly from a previously glorious era.

Aooouuuuu!

As he was walking, he suddenly heard a resounding howl of a wolf. Different from the norm, this howl contained the presence of a strong predator, an undisputed tyrant.

"From the power within that howl...is it a [King] ranked monster?" muttered Jaden.

After interacting with his master and Fang, and also continuously fighting monsters above his supposed capabilities and level, relying on his instincts and senses, Jaden deemed from that single howl that the monster was highly likely a [King] ranked monster.

Curious, Jaden followed the direction of the sound, rather eager to find out what this monster is like.

After a few minutes of speed walking, he saw a great number of wolves dashing running behind a colossal purple furred wolf who seemed to have gone berserk.

Looking at the huge monster, Jaden walked towards it as the wolf's status page appeared in front of him.

_______________________

[Chaos Wolf King] (King)

Type: Beast

Level: 100

HP: 4,277,345

_______________________

At that moment, Jaden suddenly heard an urgent voice from afar.

"Hey, you! Leave this place right now! That giant wolf is a level 100 [King] ranked monster! Hurry and leave!"

Taken aback, he turned his head towards the voice.

It was a young woman. 'Beautiful...' thought Jaden, a bit dazed.

As the youngest son of the exalted Cross Family, although Jaden lived a restricted life, he had also seen a fair share of gorgeous and charming women coming to visit his family.

Of course, all these women were the créme of the crop amongst all others. Hailing from influential clans to daughters of the business world's tycoons, those from simple backgrounds up to the nobles ones from a royal family, he had seen them.

Although they were all beautiful by their own right, there was something about the woman in his vision that was different from those he had seen.

'Weird, what am I thinking.' shaking his head, Jaden rid those thoughts that suddenly popped up out of nowhere.

"Are they in trouble..?"

Looking at the other figures behind the silver armored beauty, Jaden immediately understood what was happening.

Glancing at the bloodthirsty wolf king and the unarmed lady who was dashing towards it fearlessly, Jaden moved.

In an instant, from a distance of a few hundreds of meters, he disappeared from his position. A few seconds later, like a ghost, he appeared in front of the 20-meter tall and muscular wolf.

THUD!

As if a force that had collided against an immovable object, the wolf king's body immediately came to a halt as it stared at the white figure in front of it.

The wolf king sensed it.

It could smell the scent of a demon around the young human. And it wasn't just a normal demon, but a [King] ranked one, it was leagues above it.

With the wolf king's enhanced instincts, it could sense that the young man in front of it was a threat that could kill it!

But the wolf king was confused. Other than that scent and the sense of threat, it couldn't see a hint of oppression or aggression, instead, the human looked harmless!

Seeing the bewildering scene, Queen, Moonlight, Krystal, and Summer were all flabbergasted. They could see the lustrous fur of the wolf king suddenly become straight as it stopped in its tracks, staring at the white-robed figure.

Queen and the others then saw the young man turn his head to them and say—

"Do you need to kill it?" he said.

Do you need to kill it..?

Hearing those words it wasn't just the party that was stunned, even the wolf king was stupified at those words. Of course, as a King ranked monster, it's intelligence had already drastically increased. Though it can't speak the tongue of humans, it could still understand its words.

Though it felt a threat, it was still, after all, a king of its kind.

As it felt the disdain from the young man, the wolf king's previous rage immediately climbed up, piercing even the heavens.

Actually, Jaden wasn't trying to belittle the wolf king, after all, a monster reaching that level is already impressive. Most of all, he wasn't one to be arrogant or hold others in disdain, unless they deserve it.

But how could the wolf king know this?

Growling at Jaden, the wolf lunged forward with its jaws wide open, the fangs within capable of tearing apart monsters with ease.

Just as the Queen and her party were about to shout and warn Jaden, they suddenly saw him disappear from his spot, reappearing right beside the gigantic wolf.

Raising his right arm, Jaden activated his Fighting Aura, covering his whole arm down to his fist. As the White Swordsman's Robe fluttered along the wind, Jaden released his punch.

Akin to a golden dragon, it was as if the Fighting Aura erupted a roar as Jaden's fist slammed at the wolf's side.

Boom!

[You have dealt 7,905 damage to the target.]

The wolf king was sent flying tens of meters away, its huge body crashing on the ground, forming a deep crevice.

Everyone: "..."

Speechless, their mouths were agape as they stared dumbly at what just happened.

Was that not a [King] ranked monster?! Damn! Brother, you are fierce, sending that ferocious beast flying like it was nothing. This was what they all thought at this moment.

Looking at stunned Queen and her friends, Jaden was silent for a moment before asking the same question, "Do you need to kill it?"

By "it", he was referring to the wolf king of course.

Trying her utmost to regain her senses, Queen slightly shook her head before answering, still a bit dazed. "...no."

Jaden nodded his head before walking towards the fallen wolf king.

"???" the rest were confused with his action. Is he gonna he try to kill the beast?

Tap, tap, tap.

Step by step, Jaden closed in on the wolf.

Looking down from the edge of the crevice, he saw the gigantic wolf king prop itself up, looking at him.

Jaden opened his mouth. "Follow me," he said. "Follow me and I will help you become stronger, way beyond your imaginations."

The former regal aura of the king ranked monster had long since dissipated right after it suffered from the tyrannical punch enhanced by the mighty Fighting Aura.

Although a beast, the wolf's intelligence was incredibly high. Hearing the words of the human before it, the wolf became silent.

Though it was a king, the wolf was still a monster on the lower food chain among all the [King] ranked monsters in the world.

Though it was challenged insolently, this white clothed human was simply unfathomable. King or not, the wolf was inevitably and undeniably weaker than the human...

Looking back at its pack, the wolf struggled inwardly.

Suddenly, Jaden could feel an intense desire in the wolf's eyes. He was surprised. He had seen these eyes before, all the martial artists and warriors that had challenged him in the past had them.

Then it dawned on him. It didn't matter if it was a human or a beast, Jaden knew the wolf's desire at that moment.

The wolf wanted to battle.

"Fine." he laughed. He then raised his right arm and clenched his hand into a fist. "Let my strength prove my will."

'Just like master said before, to make a beast submit to me, I must beat some senses into it first.'

But what he didn't know was that monsters, especially a [King] ranked one, hardly ever submit to humans or to any other race. Most of them would rather die than submit and succumb to their enemies.

Jaden glanced back at Queen and her party. "You should take a few steps back— "

Bang!

He couldn't even finish his words before he was sent flying from the wolf's tackle.

[You have suffered 5,440 damage.]

Bang! His body crashed into the wall of a ruined building

[You have suffered 2,719 damage.]

Queen: "..."

Moonlight: "...is he dead..?"

Krystal: "..?"

Summer: "He's probably an expert, so I don't think so..."

Propping himself out of the caved wall, Jaden stood straight and stared at the wolf king in the distance.

[Accelerate]!

Without saying anything, he lifted his foot and stepped forward, disappearing from his spot.

Seeing this scene, the wolf's senses heightened as it became increasingly alert.

With the skill's boost in his agility and movement speed, like a mirage, Jaden appeared beside in front of the wolf.

The wolf's reaction was incredibly high. As soon as it noticed Jaden, it immediately pounced on him with ferocity, its razor-sharp fangs intending to rip him to shreds.

Although the wolf speed was fast, actually, its speed was akin to a turtle in Jaden's perspective. Lunging forward, Jaden spun sideways, avoiding the jaws of death.

Bang!

Covered in a golden aura, his fist struck the side of the wolf's head.

[You have dealt 6,221 damage to the target]

[Due to the Duelist King's Battle Gloves, the target has been stunned for 1 second.]

Frozen in its place, the wolf could only watch helplessly as it received a barrage of fists under that stun duration.

Right after the stun's duration ended and just as it was about to move, the wolf once more suffered under the crowd control effect of the [Hero] rated gloves.

[Due to the Duelist King's Battle Gloves, the target has been stunned for 5 seconds.]

Bang!

[You have dealt 6,955 damage to the target.]

Thud!

[You have dealt 7,300 damage to the target.]

Boom!

[You have dealt 5,343...]

[You have...]

[You...]

Jaden didn't even use his sword as he continued to pummel the beast.

Looking at the scene before her, a realization suddenly dawned upon Queen. She used her identification technique on Jaden as his status page appeared before her.

_______________________

PLAYER STATUS

Name: King

Level: 81

Class: Swordsman

Guild: None

_______________________

"King..." muttered Queen, stunned. 'Why is the top ranker in the leaderboard here?'

Hearing her words, Krystal, Moonlight, and Summer all used their identification skills immediately to check on Jaden.

Ignoring the minimal information displayed due to their level difference, Moonlight and the rest all gasped and exclaimed, shocked at the revelation as he looked at the white figure beating the hell out of the wolf king.

Queen, however, was more composed. "The first player to slay a [King] rank monster, the first one to create a skill, and a legendary rated one too at that, and the current player with the highest level in Destiny Forged." staring at the information on the status page and glancing at Jaden, her eyes glimmered with light.

"All of these sound amazing but seeing him in action for real is something different," she muttered. 'This person is definitely someone who stands at the apex of martial arts, who is he exactly?' Queen started to think, trying to figure out this person's identity in real life.

One by one, different names of all combat experts in the world popped up in her head before being eliminated in a moment or two. Looking at Jaden's simple and ordinary movements yet somehow effective and fluid at the same time, she couldn't think of anyone that has reached such high attainments in the path of martial arts at such a young age.

"Simplistic profundity, an enlightenment to the origin to reach the pinnacle..."

Listening to their boss' words, the rest were silent, especially Moonlight, his eyes staring at Jaden. He understood from Queen's words that this person is someone who sat at the peak, aloof from the world. He should've heard the name of such a person, yet he remained unknown to Moonlight who had met countless martial artists and combat experts his whole life.

At this moment, Jaden didn't know what these people were thinking, but he probably wouldn't think too much about it nonetheless.

His focus right now was to beat some senses into the whimpering wolf king in front of him.

After a while, due to the intense clobbering that it had suffered, the wolf finally submitted as it lowered its head before Jaden.

Although it was the king of its pack and it had the pride of a tyrant, it knew that the human in front of it had abilities way stronger than he had shown.

After cultivating itself and experiencing endless battle to finally evolve to a [King] ranked monster, its wisdom had increased alongside its physical evolution and strength enhancement.

The wolf king sensed the terrifying potential hiding beneath the tiny human's body. The wolf knew that the chance before it was once in a lifetime, and it probably wouldn't meet any human like this one ever again.

This world was a world where the stronger fist rule. The wolf king didn't want to die yet and it might get a chance to increase its strength if he followed this human.

Awoooooo! The wolf king howled.

Awoo!

Aouuuuu!

Aooooo!

Following that, a series of wolf howls resounded from the king's pack, communicating with each other.

At this moment, a system prompt appeared in front of Jaden.

[A hidden opportunity has occurred!]

[The [King] ranked beast Chaos Wolf King wishes to follow you. Accept or Reject?]

Jaden didn't even hesitate as he answered. "Accept."

[Ding! The Chaos Wolf King is now your companion. Available companion slots: 1 / 3]

[Companion slots will increase every 100 level. Maximum companion slots: n / 5]

(Note: n = number of monsters. Also, all players start with a maximum number of 1 which increases until 5 once they're level 500.)

[World Announcement: Congratulations to player KIng for being the first player to tame a wild beast! The Pet / Companion Ranking System has been enabled!]

(Note: I'll be using the terms Pet and Companion interchangeably.)

[Achivement Rewards: • Maximum Companion slot increased by 5!

• Dignity (DIG) main attribute has been unlocked!

• Monster Evolution Stone ( x1 )

• Title: First Tamer

• Class Change Scroll: Master Tamer (Hidden Class).]

12