Naming the Wolf King
2.5k 7 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_______________________

STATUS

Name: Chaos Wolf King (Please give it a name to increase affinity)

Type: Beast

Rank: Elite

Level: 0

Personality: Valiant, Smart, and Arrogant

Potential: ★★★☆☆

Evolution: Possible

Attributes:

• STR: 25 / 250

• AGI: 35 / 250

• CON: 20 / 250

• INT: 10 / 100

• VIT: 15 / 200

• WIS: 5 / 100

Inherent Abilities:

• (???) → Locked

• (???) → Locked

• (???) → Locked

_______________________

Jaden was taken aback as he saw the originally 20-meter tall wolf king get smaller, eventually reaching the same size as a Chaos Wolf which is 8-meters tall.

Looking at their previous king, all the wolves in the pack bowed as if saying their last goodbyes before howling loudly and departing the area.

Staring at the retreating wolves, the wolf king's eyes were a bit complicated. It felt sad to leave its family and companions, but it also looked forward to the adventures it was about to face.

The wolf king howled loudly, reverberating in the surrounding, saying its farewells to his pack.

Seeing this scene, Jaden smiled. His heart was even more convinced to not treat this world as if it was simply made up of 0s and 1s.

He walked towards the wolf and stroke its lustrous purple fur. "The power of Chaos is inside you. Good thing it's only a small amount, allowing you to retain your control over yourself." he then continued. "Although the chaos source indeed strengthened you, it also limited your potential, making you unable to evolve further. We need to cleanse the chaos power within you."

After reading who knows how many books in the EverGuard City's Library, Jaden had found out a lot of things about the Chaos Source. He discovered from a tattered, old book that although one will experience a surge in strength if one possesses the power of chaos, it would also limit one's potential and cut off his or her innate talent.

Everything has a price, and this is one of the prices that one must pay for when taking in the Chaos Source.

"Since I'm heading to the War God's Temple, I can probably request for an internal and spiritual cleansing for you," said Jaden as he looked at the wolf. Suddenly remembering something, he chuckled. "I should also give you a name."

Thinking for a bit, a name suddenly popped up in his mind. He laughed. "From now on, your name will be Alpha. It means the first, the original and most dominant one. Do you like it?"

The wolf king, or Alpha, in this case, nodded his head. He was quite fond of this name, he felt it was quite fitting for himself.

(Note: Yes, Alpha's a male.)

[The Chaos Wolf King is now named Alpha! Affinity increases by 30!]

Jaden smiled before checking the rewards that he received.

_______________________

Dignity (DIG): You cannot be oppressed by others. Your presence and aura will be enhanced. There is a chance to make a subject(s) or enemy submit to you. The higher the stat the stronger the effect. Stat points cannot be distributed to this attribute, but this attribute increases every level by 3 points.

----------

[Monster Evolution Stone]

Description: Can be used to evolve a monster, battle pet, companion to the next rank.

• [Lord] → [King] Rank Requirements: Level 150, Evolution Stone x1

• [King] → [Imperial] Rank: Level 600, Evolution Stone x10

During evolution, you can add other entities. materials, and etc. The higher the quality the stronger the effect of evolution

----------

Title:

[First Tamer]

Rating: Unique

Effects: • Affinity of all pets and companions increases by 50!

• EXP gained by pets and companions increases by 50%.

• Growth potential of all pets and companions increases by 10%

• Effects of Evolution of all pets and companions increases by 25%.

----------

[Class Change Scroll: Master Tamer]

Description: Use this scroll to change your class to the hidden class Master Tamer.

• Master Tamer is an [Epic] rated hidden class.

_______________________

Jaden was satisfied with the rewards this time. Other than the magical attribute that he had just unlocked, he even received a title that increases the experience points gained by his pets!

This was a good thing since originally, he would have to split the EXP that he gained with his pet, and that would be a slow improvement and slow leveling speed for his pet then. But with the arrival of the title First Tamer, his worries vanished.

He then took a look at the golden scroll in his hand that was glowing with radiance. Though he was interested in what an [Epic] rated class might be like, he didn't bother about it since his focus was on his sword skills, and the profession that he wished for, similarly, was a sword or swordsman related class.

He didn't even mind if his class stayed just as a Swordsman in the future since he believed it wouldn't weaken him in the slightest. Of course, obtaining a class suited for him would still be better.

Jaden hopped on Alpha's back as he shouted back to Queen's party.

"Hey! I'm still in the middle of a quest, I've to go now before the time limit ends," he shouted as he waved his hands towards them.

(Note: I forgot to put a time limit on the quest a few chapters ago...anyway the time limit's supposed to be 48 hours.)

The others: "..."

He didn't even wait for their response before telling Alpha to start moving towards Diamond Empire.

[Ding! Riding Mastery has leveled up to Intermediate 2.]

...

Staring at the gigantic wolf running with impeccable speed, Queen stared at the system prompt in front of her, so did her party.

[World Announcement: Congratulations to player KIng for being the first player to tame a wild beast! The Pet / Companion Ranking System has been enabled!]

After a long struggle inwardly, Moonlight still couldn't believe what he had just witnessed. Staring dumbly at the system message in front of him, he was forced to believe that he wasn't dreaming at this moment.

A freaking King ranked monster was tamed just like that?! And what was up with that guy's combat prowess?! He was simply off the charts!

He took a deep breath before exhaling exaggeratedly. "So that was King huh?" as he said so, he glanced at the other two girls beside him, only to see them still standing in a daze or murmuring something incomprehensible.

.....

After traveling on top of the wolf king for an hour, Jaden finally saw a huge silver-colored gate in the distance, It had gigantic walls that were at least a hundred meters tall around it, encircling a seemingly endless wide area.

"This wall is comparable to an immovable mountain ah!"

Looking at the number of guards clad in lustrous silver armors and taking entrance fees before the gate, Jaden exclaimed in astonishment. He could see countless people coming and going, it was an endless tide.

People ranging from merchants to adventurers crowded the entrance. There were carriages being pulled by different types of monsters and beasts, suggesting their impressive background, after all, no common people would dare use powerful monsters as a steed to drag their carriage.

'They're definitely getting more than a few million gold coins a day just from this entrance fee alone...'

He then saw the defense towers built within the thick walls. There were people on top of each tower, capable of peering into the distance with a hawk-eye view. And atop the walls, there was a spacious pathway akin to a road, with a good number of gilded guards roaming and walking to and fro.

At this moment, people started to notice the colossal purple furred wolf and the young man on top of it. A terrifying aura exuded from Alpha as his original regal pressure surrounded the area.

Though its ranked fell from [King] to [Elite], its innate dignity of a king couldn't be buried. Feeling the attention on it, Alpha strutted towards the gigantic gate, its nose up in the air.

Glancing at his mount, Jaden couldn't help but be amused at its appearance.

Exclaims and cries of astonishment could be heard amongst the aplenty crowd as they stared at the white-robed figure atop the powerful looking beast.

What kind of background does this person have to possess such a mount?

This was what all these people though presently.

At that moment, as they were passing through under the eyes of countless spectators, a burly figure walked up to them. This man had an explosive physique, almost 3 meters tall, a suffocating atmosphere descended upon the surrounding as soon as he appeared.

Gilded in silver armor, Jaden could see the fierce streaks of crimsons running amok throughout the surface, adding a hint of wildness and tyranny on the already dignified and refined armor.

Adding the scar on the man's forehead, suggesting this person's fondness to battling and fighting, Jaden could already tell this guy had experienced many battles in his life.

A deep voice came from the man. "Young master King?"

Taken aback, Jaden was surprised at what he called him. He was silent for a second before nodding his head. "Indeed it's me, but how did you know?"

The man chuckled, erasing the hint of the strained atmosphere around them. "I apologize for not introducing myself first, my name is Reginald, the captain of the Imperial Knights."

Captain of the Imperial Knights? For such a person to appear here, what's going on? Jaden was bewildered at this moment.

As if he sensed the young man's confusion, Reginald said. "Your master, Lord Roland, has already informed the empire and the War God's Temple of the purpose of your visit." he then scrutinized Jaden. 'This kid's the one that killed that demon's avatar?'

"Oh, so that's why." enlightened, Jaden nodded his head in acknowledgment. 'Indeed, master is master, he already predicted that I would finish the quest and eventually head to the temple.' his admiration for his master increased once more.

"His Majesty also wishes to meet you after you finish your objective in the temple."

Meet the emperor? Am I gonna get another great quest? Jaden was inwardly astonished and excited at the same time. He didn't even hesitate and agreed immediately.

"Great." laughed Reginald. "Come follow me, I'll lead you to the temple."

Jaden nodded his head and followed after him.

Right now, the surrounding merchants, adventurers, ordinary citizens, were murmuring between each other, gossiping about the young man's background. There were even some players alongside the crowd, stunned when they used their identification skill on Jaden.

What had appeared in their vision left them in wonder and stupefaction.

_______________________

STATUS

Name: King

Level: 81

Class: Swordsman

Guild: None

_______________________

When they saw these words, every single one of them felt like they were hit by a bolt of lightning.

Giddily, they all immediately contacted their superiors or friends, spreading the news on the DF Forum and other community platforms of this striking news.

The ever mysterious King is currently in Diamond Empire!

.....

At this moment, on the Teleportation Platform inside the empire, a party consisting of four players had appeared.

When the players hanging around the area saw this small group of people, they were sent in an uproar.

"Queen, it's actually Queen and her party! They actually completed their quest?!" shouted a level 20 player with leather clothes.

"Oh my god, she actually finished that unique-rated quest?!" yelled a scrawny thief exaggeratedly.

"She's got a hidden class, oh my lord her strength is only gonna increase by leaps and bound now!"

"I wonder what class it is..."

"It's highly likely to be a powerful combat profession! I wonder what it's rating will be..."

"..."

"..."

Hearing the crowd's excessive embellishment on them, the girl blushed, as if ashamed of the extravagant words of praise for them. Even Moonlight's thick face twitched slightly hearing the people's words.

He sighed internally when he thought about the real reason they completed the quest...

Oh well, even though that monster took care of the wolves for us, the people don't have to know of everything that had happened...

They only needed to know that we completed the quest!

 

Here's some explanation about the pet status age.

• Current points / Maximum Points (Ex: STR: 25 / 250) the maximum stat points are the wolf's innate talent, the maximum stats can't be surpassed pre-evolution.

• Evolution = either increasing the stats' maximum cap or breaking the inherent limit which means there won't be a limit to the stats. As long as its level increases, its attributes can increase without limit.

• Black stars = Current rating

• White stars = Innate potential that can still be unlocked. (Maximum Potential)

White stars / maximum potential will increase if the beast evolves.

19