Chapter 14
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the evening they were taken to the castle where they were to be confined till they were sentenced punishments for their acts.

"You were asking about prince's castle." Shinji said while walking with small steps in order to avoid falling, "Here it is."

Fujimoto could care less.

The castle looked like it would collapse even by heavy rain. Droplets of rain had carved lines on decomposing walls. Though the castle resembled to ruins from outside, the stableness inside changed their perception on strength of castle.

Guards lead them to a dungeon which was freezing cold where rats roamed around and in every turn, cobwebs blocked their way. Their clamor and tramps echoed in the dark dungeon, the only source of light being the fire which a guard was holding.

Fujimoto was shivering in cold. He feared they would die of hypothermia before it could be decided what was to be done with them.

Guards untied their hands, removed chains from their legs and pushed them inside the cell.

Floor was wet for some reason.  Shinji felt pity for those who had to spend their lives in there.

Then a heavy lock clicked from outside the door. A guard looked at them through the gap from where food was used to be served. 

"You two are lucky to be in Pryeg." Guard said, "Other cities would have ordered your head by now but you two will get a trial to defend yourselves."

None of them knew how effective it was going to be.

"Will it help?" Shinji asked.

"Coins were not found with you so it will buy you some time." Guard said and closed the shaft.

From there, it was total darkness.

A while later, their eyes got adjusted with the light inside the room.

Still it was dark but they could see each other. Recognizing faces was a tough job regardless.

"You heard what might happen to us?" Fujimoto bellowed, "Hanged, drawn and quartered. And congrats, you get to go with your sword."

"He was speaking about possibility." said Shinji.

"Looks imminent to me."

Fujimoto moved to the door then kicked it.

The sound prolonged inside passage.

"Solid." Fujimoto said.

"Stop doing it or they will tie us." Shinji said by taking off his shoe.

He tore his shoe sole and took out something which resembled to a small shovel.

"This doesn’t light hope within me." Fujimoto tapped stone walls.

"I had stolen this. Had to use it to believe it."

"You have escaped before?" Fujimoto was astonished.

"Yes. And the remains the same."

"What else did you do when you were missing for years?" Fujimoto questioned.

"Made enemies." Shinji said, starting to scrape mud from the corner of their cell.

"Shinji, where will you dump the mud?"

Shinji turned at him, "There will be none." He showed Fujimoto mud on the tiny shovel disappear within seconds.

Fujimoto smirked after watching Shinji scrape stone like mud. Once again the stone dissolved in air on the shovel.

"Watch the door." Shinji commanded.

"Do I have to? Your gadget is not making any sound."

"Guards love scaring captives."

Fujimoto them moved to the door with his ear pressed against the metal.

"Someone is coming here." Fujimoto heard armor clattering.

Shinji dropped his tool and sat on corner when the guard watched in with torch in his hand.

"You fatass. You will get burnt at stake. Fat people burn for long. We need to ensure entertainment out of you." Guard intimidated him.

Fujimoto didn’t respond. 

"Are you farting fear, cunt?" guard laughed.

"I guarantee I will entertain you, ser."

Guard let a hysterical laughter loose.

"You are entertaining me right now. No wonder why this sword obsessed freak walks with you." Guard said, closed shaft and went away.

"You handled it well." Shinji said by continuing to dig.

"Shut your mouth. Keep digging." Fujimoto was clearly not taking things lightly.

0