Chapter 16
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He could not believe he had bathed for over half an hour. With wet clothes on, he began his journey to leave Pryeg. 

He had seen enough of the castle. 

No wonder why Prince left the shithouse! Fujimoto thought trying to distract himself from wondering about Shinji.

A while later, he stumbled to a bunch of guards who were drinking on their horses. Fujimoto walked fast to get past them.

Alley was pitch black so he got an easy pass.

While he was marching away, he heard a horse galloping towards city guards. The man on horse said to guards, "We arrested two cut-throats."

Fujimoto recognized the voice. He was the same guard who had talked with Shinji inside the cell.

"I hear they are thieves." A drunk said.

"The one with a big-ass sword is a cut-throat. I have seen him before." Guard imposed his thought on them, "And I don’t want to see him from here. Not even his friend."

Fujimoto paused after hearing him.

"So you want us to make him disappear?" Guard with drunken voice said.

"Yes. Law can go to hell. We have to kill them tonight. Such men are hard to keep confined. Only Lord knows what sorcery they have in their arsenal."

Waiting to listen more was waste of time for Fujimoto.

He ran to a narrow passage of street and started heading towards the end of tunnel.

Shinji was still searching for a way to retrieve his sword when he heard something coming from the tunnel.

Rat? Shinji thought. But the tramps were too big to be considered to be rats.

Someone discovered the tunnel? Shinji thought and took out the weapon from his shoe. He planned to stab him the moment he would take his head out of tunnel.

Shinji held his tool on standby in anxiousness.

Someone popped his head out.

"It's Fujimoto!" Fujimoto said when he saw Shinji ready to stab his eye.

"Why did you come back here?" Shinji was surprised.

"Guards- city guards are coming here to kill you. And me. I came here to warn you." gasped Fujimoto but it was too late.

Armors clamored outside. Shinji's heartbeat increased with increasing sound.

The door swung open abruptly and four guards rushed in with their swords held high. Shinji stabbed one's abdomen with his tool while Fujimoto pulled the foot of another guard.

Guard fell down and Fujimoto snatched his sword to slit his throat.

"Take this!" Fujimoto threw the sword at Shinji.

Shinji caught it and slicing another drunken guard like butter.

Looking at a guard trying to flee, Shinji caught him by his cape and pulled him at his direction. End of his sword rested on his throat.

"You were right." Shinji smirked and jammed the sword inside his throat.

He fell dead on floor.

"He was their leader." Fujimoto said, kicking the corpse.

They were enjoying a moment of relief when they heard more people coming in the dungeon.

"Quick! Close the door!" Fujimoto commanded Shinji.

But Shinji could only push it, let alone locking it from inside.

Duplicate keys were on waist of a dead guard.

Shinji shoved the door and it clicked.

Automatic lock! Shinji breathed. But corpses were still under plain sight.

Fujimoto noticed it and started throwing them inside the tunnel. A second after the final corpse fell inside the pit, a guard peeked inside their cell.

Guard gave the door a nasty shove which caused Shinji to fall on floor by his back.

The guard had another person in control. Guard's fingers were sinking in fatty arm of the captive. He loosened his grip and pushed him inside the cell. 

"Stay here till the trial happens." Guard pointed at the lad. "And you two." He called Fujimoto and Shinji, "Come with me."

"Are we going for a trial?" asked Fujimoto.

Tetsu appeared from the other side of door.

0