Chapter 63
205 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a pleasant day outside, the Sun was shining, birds were chirping, and a gentle breeze rustled the leaves in the forest. In the meanwhile, five kitsune, a wolf-kin, a human and a goddess were hunting for rabbits. Well, hunting wouldn’t be the apt description as they knew where every rabbit was in the forest. They just approached the nearest rabbit that wasn’t too busy and chased it through the bog while laughing. Once they caught the rabbit, they calmed it down using magic, fed it some lettuce, and let it go. Alice, Igraine and Mystra watched in amusement as five adults temporarily lost all sense of reason and ran after the poor, scared creatures.

“I might join in.” Alice said after getting increasingly tempted to chase something. Her instincts were getting the better of her, but it wasn’t like it was a problem, so she let it happen.

“By all means.” Mystra said merrily as she floated slightly above the ground. Igraine was paying very close attention to how kitsune acted on their instincts, so she didn’t even realize Alice had said anything. She found the goddess surprisingly personable, but did not talk to her that much, because it still felt a bit weird.

Hanae was closely hugging the rabbit, feeding it the lettuce. She had been the tamest so far tied with the dad. Yuuki’s mother and brother nibbled on the small creature’s ears a bit, which made Igraine’s mind race with possibilities. In the end, it all came down to one more hunt. They would switch who got to be the one to actually catch their ‘prey’, so by process of elimination, it should be Yuuki’s turn.

Although Alice joined them, she was only supporting by scaring the animal towards the others. The kitsune played it fair by only running a bit faster than the rabbit, even though they could’ve caught it much faster otherwise. Even so, Yuuki did catch the rabbit and nibbled on its ears gently while feeding it.

Igraine's face broke out in an ominous smile which worried Mystra. Before she could voice any concerns however, they had to hurry to keep up with the family, as they had found their next target.

 

--

 

They sat in a small circle at the nearest glade once they’ve had enough of hunting for the time being. The reason the circle was small was because they were all cuddled up next to each other.

Igraine was comfortably reclined against Yuuki. So comfortably she almost forgot to make her move. Almost.

“Hey, after we’re done, can you teleport me to Estervale? I want to go shopping a bit.” She asked nonchalantly.

“Sure.” Yuuki agreed, not seeing anything wrong with the request.

After resting up, they managed to give another thirteen rabbits a good scare before calling it a day.

 

--

 

“I know you’re stalking me, Alice.” Igraine mumbled under her breath while walking through the crowded streets.

On cue, the wolf-kin casually caught up to her and began following her as such. She did not say a word, she just kept scanning the surroundings with a smile that didn’t quite reach the eyes. The two walked in the snowy city as people and carriages passed by.

“Do you plan to grow old?” The silence was eventually broken with such an out-of-nowhere question.

“Well, I can’t exactly die young anymore.” Igraine answered with a smirk that was unphazed by Alice’s serious stare. “No, not particularly. I don’t want to leave Yuuki… well, not alone, but I don’t want to make her sad, that’s for sure. And I want to spend more time with her, I don’t think I could really get bored. Then again, I haven’t the slightest inkling as to just how long eternity is. So, who knows? Is that answer acceptable? Seriously, first Abigail, now you.” She gave her real answer in a more serious tone.

“You know how much I care about her.” Her tone softened as she smiled, more naturally this time.

“Yeah, too much for it to be healthy most likely, but I can’t say I’m much better in that regard. She just has that thing about her, I guess. Or maybe it's because we both owe her so much and we feel like we have to try and pay it back.” Igraine ranted in a carefree voice.

“I suppose so. Well, I won’t stop you in that case, but you really will have to make a choice soon on whether you wish to keep your mortality.”

Igraine wanted to retort, but Alice was already gone.

“Oh, I would kill for a muffin right about now.”

Luckily, the price was a bit cheaper than that, so she brought a large amount and was happily munching on them during the rest of her shopping trip.

 

--

 

Igraine walked through an alley and was teleported back to the floating island. She gripped the bag which now had her secret weapon. Except for the fact that Alice knew. And Mystra probably also knew… didn’t she know everything? Yuuki could also find out by simply using her magic sense, but she cared about privacy, so maybe, just maybe, it could remain a surprise.

She stood at the door of the living room, knowing full well Yuuki would be there, reading a book most likely. Putting the fake bunny ears on quickly, she opened the door and acted as if nothing was out of the ordinary. Which was not working very well because her heart was beating fast, and there was no way Yuuki couldn’t hear it. She went to snuggle up next to the vixen, who was reading a book on the couch.

Yuuki stared at the approaching figure intensely, her eyes wide, her pupils dilated. She was completely frozen as Igraine sat down next to her. After a deep breath, she put the book away and focused completely on the person next to her. Drawing closer, a kiss landed on Igraine’s cheek, which she found surprising, but pleasing.

“You know, I did not expect this exactly, but this is even better.”

Yuuki gently removed the fake ears while smiling warmly. Igraine was going to question it, but her lips were sealed by another kiss.

“You… what just happened?”

“You offered yourself to me as prey, however unintentionally.” Her voice and smile were alluring, just like it had been during their first dance. “You do realize that hunting isn’t the only thing I have instincts for, right?”

Igraine, who was nervous until now, finally calmed down as she smiled confidently. “Seriously? You really needed to see that accessory to know that I am yours? And here I thought your intuition was good.” She leaned in to return the kiss on the lips, but was stopped.

Yuuki’s expression turned serious and she stopped moving. “Are you absolutely sure you wish to continue?”

Igraine gave her answer in the form of a kiss and three short words. “I love you.”

 

Alright, that was absurdly difficult for me to write, because I am not good at romance. Or writing romance. I hope it's not unreadable. But, finally, I can actually write them as a couple instead of them acting as if they were just really huggy friends (although, maybe that's just what a relationship is). Also, the other novel is there, it exists, it is a thing, and I will update it sometime in the future. Tomorrow, there will be a new chapter there tomorrow. Byeeee.

15