Chapter 3 – Lead!
724 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei was able to get a three quest at the same time, though, two of those quests were out of her reach. Her level and stats were not enough to complete her quests, and most of all, she doesn't have an attribute yet.

An attribute is the most important thing here in NW2. It is a random skill given by the system which can be acquired by completing a certain condition.

It can be considered as a special skill which can change the balance of your characters depends on what you get. For example, if you are a swordsman, but have an attribute that allows you to use some kind of magic, then it is possible for you to upgrade your job into a magic swordsman allowing you to combined magic and sword skills at the same time.

You only have one chance of getting an attribute, and after it, no matter what you do, you can't change it at all anymore. That's why Rei was hesitating to accept the hidden attribute that was offered by the black book. She didn't want to be like those players who chose wrong attributes and regret it until now.

◆◇◆◇

Even though Rei didn't want to do these shady quests, she didn't have much a choice as she couldn't even refuse it. Rei already gave up on complaining and was thinking about her next move.

She only has fifteen minutes left before the baker's quest expires, and she didn't even buy the bread flour yet, or rather she didn't have enough money to buy the bread flour. She thought that it was already over when the vendor gave her the bread flour for free.

 

"Thank you for accepting my humble request, here take this bread flour with you as a token of my goodwill."

 

—Ding—

Bread flour acquired!

 

After receiving the bread flour, Rei thanked the vendor and immediately went to the baker. Luckily she was able to finish the quest two minutes before it ends.

 

—Ding—

You received 1 piece of bread!

You received 20 silver coins!

You have leveled up!

You have leveled up!

You have leveled up!

 

"Sweet! I leveled up by three."

 

Rei was delighted by the experienced she got. Well, after those things happened to her, it should be right that the rewards are good, or else Rei will going to beat up the baker for giving her an impossible quest.

Right now, she was sitting in the park while thinking about her plans. Her second quest, which she needed to go in the slum and investigate the place, has no time limit at all, but judging from the chain quest, the investigation quest needs to be done before the dark organization strikes down the kingdom.

Rei doesn't have a combat skill yet. She was hesitating to start the quest immediately as she only got one chance. Even so, doing the quest was much better than sitting in the park.

She stands up from where she is sitting and decided to go in the slum. After an hour of walking and asking directions, Rei finally reached the slum area in the kingdom.

And from seeing the slum, what she saw was nothing different from the real world. There were NPC and players everywhere to the point that there was no space left to walk.

But there is one thing different from those players and NPC that she saw, almost all of them were wearing tattered clothes. Some of them were wearing a mask to cover their face while others cover their whole body in a cloak.

If there is something different in this area, it was the fact that you can't see a single player wearing a shining full plated armor. You can't see a sword in their waist or back nor robe used by the magicians.

It was a perfect place for people who have the jobs of the assassins, thieves, and other dark jobs within the game. Rei, who was wearing nothing but a leathered armor, was not standing up much in crowds as other players also disguised as a newbie by equipping leather armor.

She started to walk and blend with the crowd and started to scan her surroundings while searching for a clue about her quest. Usually, in this kind of place, some brokers have the information you want and can keep your secrets as long as you pay them.

And right, she hit the jackpot, out of a sudden, an NPC having his body covered in a black coat stopped at her front and tried to start a conversation.

 

"You... My eyes were following you from the moment you step here, and I can say it for sure that this was your first time here."

 

Rei didn't let the opportunity to get away, and she started to talk about her business right away.

 

"Yes, honestly, I have a business here. Do you know a place where I can gather a lot of information about the kingdom?"

 

Even though Rei couldn't see the expressions of the broker, his eyes were telling her that the broker knows something.

 

"Ho, that some big request you got there. I know the place, but I think I already forgot about it."

 

Rei was not surprised in the least at what the broker said.

 

"How much do you need for you to remember it?"

"O-oh, what a kind person you are. Then can you give me at least 20 silver coins?"

"W-what...Sigh..... Sure"

 

Rei was hesitating while giving the 20 silver coins to the broker. She wants to cry as those coins were her first reward in completing that cursed quest.

 

(Those coins were from my hard work... Better give me some useful information or else I will kill you.)

 

"I remembered now. There was a bar not away from here and at night many people visit it. If you stayed there until their closing time, I'm sure you can find what you're looking for."

 

—Ding—

You got a new lead!

Go and investigate the bar.

 

"Ehh! Is that it?"

"Yes. By the way, let me give you some advice. Be careful when you enter the bar."

 

And just like that, the broker disapeared in the crowd in an instant.

 

 

32