Chapter 5 – Unexpected Guest?
766 6 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the bar, a commotion was happening not far away from Rei. The man was shouting about something to those two men who were drinking on the side.

Rei was able to hear what did the man was shouting, and a notification appeared in front of her. It was the information that she needed for her quest.

Rei didn't know if she was lucky or not, as all she did was to sit near in the bartender while drinking some alcohol and then just like that her quest was done already.

Honestly, Rei has a bit of expectation about this quest of her as the broker goes far as giving her advice about going here, but it looks like it was nothing at all.

All she needs to do was to wait until the commotion subsides before reporting the information back at the vendor to finish her quest. The uproar went out of control when the man who was wearing a black and filthy robe stood up, and then he gave a solid blow right through the stomach of the guy who was shouting earlier.

The guy who was shouting earlier was now lying on the ground. His hands were on his stomach as he was screaming out of pain. The man who did that to him didn't move away from his position.

And from looking at his eyes, you can see that his eyes were cold as ice without a single reflection of guilt that can be seen from those eyes. The man was staring at the guy who is lying on the ground like some kind of trash.

 

"Don't you dare to raise your voice in front of me you sh*tty NPC! Hah? Me? Helping you? It's not my fault that you get easily tricked by us."

 

It looks like the man was a player while the other one on the ground was an NPC. NW2, was a very special game, NPC and players don't have much any difference in appearances as the only thing that you can see in both of them are their names.

For NPC in some games, this was a normal thing as not everyone has the patience to remember every single name of them, but here in NW2, every NPC has a unique design in their own way.

Every one of them has their own roles in history and future events that can affect the game itself. In this game, where freedom is one of the biggest features of it, some of the limitations were removed.

You kill anyone such as players or NPC, or you can create your kingdom, empire, city, you can be a hero or a demon, you can even have sex here, do a vacation, business meetings, and many more.

You can basically do anything that you can do in the real world as the game was based on reality with additional features such as adding sword and magic.

Once the NPC died, they won't revive like players, and instead, their program will get deleted. After an NPC got deleted, the Mother Program, for short ANGEL, will adjust the program and will make a proper adjustment to the story of the game.

The Mother Program or ANGEL was a super artificial intelligence build together from different countries that are capable of adjusting itself from any situation.

Rei knew some of this information from the game description, internet reviews, and other sources, and the thing that they're only knew was that once an NPC died, it will not revive again.

If you managed to get a quest from the NPC and it died while you were doing the quest, it will be canceled and disappeared, but in some rare cases, it will generate and turn into a new quest, and some of those were a hidden quest.

Some of those guys used this system to abuse the rules just like what Rei seeing right now. Even though Rei wants to help the NPC that got knocked out on the ground, she didn't have the power to help him.

The player who was beating the NPC stop and then he swung his feet with all his might and gave the NPC one last kick before he finally stops.

After finally calming down, the player left the bar together with his companion. The other customers continued what they were doing earlier like it was nothing.

Rei finally moved from where she is sitting and gave some silver coins to the bartender for the drinks. Now that the commotion was already over, it's time for Rei to move out. She went out of the bar and started to walk in the streets.

Her destination was in the market where she can find the vendor who gave her the quest. Rei was on its way, and she was near in leaving the slum district, but before she was able to get out of there, a group of players blocked her way.

There were three of them at all. Two of them were wearing a dark fur-lined cloak that covers their face, preventing Rei from taking a glimpse at their appearance.

But the thing that caught Rei's attention the most was the third one.

The equipment from his feet to his head, the gallant, formidable and menacing black full plated armor that was covering his whole body was enough to realize that he was in a different league.

Yes, it was the guy back then in the bar. It was the black knight. The shield and one-handed sword in his back that Rei saw in the bar were now gone.

Right now, the black knight was carrying a massive black two-handed sword from his back. The two-handed sword that was on his back was releasing such a hideous and vicious aura, and it was very clear that the two-handed sword was not ordinary.

Rei was guessing that the two-handed sword is not lower than an epic grade weapon, and if she was right, then the people in front of her were monsters.

She began to get wary and careful in her movements while looking at her surroundings.

 

(...Could they possibly rankers?!)

 

In the old NW rankers were the top 1000 players who were able to reach the pinnacle of the game. Each of them was strong enough to fight a whole group of players, and the players in the top 100 were strong enough to fight an army and solo a boss class monster.

But in NW2, rankers were both celebrities and unreachable. If the NW has millions of players and there were 1000 rankers, imagined now the NW2 that has 4.5 billion users, and there were only 1000 rankers.

Becoming a ranker in this billion of users was unthinkable and unexplainable. Even the weakest ranker which is rank 1000, is already considered as a legend.

Even though Rei was a ranker in the NW, she couldn't imagine how strong the rankers here in NW2. While Rei was still processing her thoughts, the black knight started his move.

He placed his right hand on the hilt of his two-handed sword, giving the impression that he was ready to take action, and then the black knight spoke.

 

"I don't want to do this if possible, so let me ask you a question. You remembered the thing that I said to you earlier right... Do you know the Dark Sun?"

Hi. This is UMR, I didn't have much time to finalize the chapter so if you found some errors while reading it, feel free to correct me in the comment section. That's all for now. <3     ~Te-hee 

35