Chapter 11 : Evolving
491 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the delay ! I took my laptop to have it repaired yesterday. I got it back today and immediately started to write this chapter. As always point out obvious errors and plot holes please !

 

As Nathan and his group arrived near Goruk’s tent, he saw two distracted goblin standing guard, who immediately tensed when they saw their leader come back.

“_ You can drop you weapons here. But since I am magnanimous, all the goblin who were following you come back I will redistribute some to you.

_ Thank you, great boss. Boss is magnanimous”

Answered Nathan as he merrily before he ordered his goblins to drop every weapon on the ground, while he kept a Javelin for himself. An order they were visibly reluctant to follow, some still looking confused, others disappointed or angry.

As Goruk still wore a amiable face, his followers were openly cheering.

Nathan then found an excuse for Steeve to keep his bone javelin

“_ Boss can this goblin still carry his bone javelin ? I need protection, I immediately come back with the rest of the goblin to give the weapons to you !”

Goruk tensed again before answering

“_ You can but I will assign you four goblins while you go back tomorrow”

Steeve happily got his Javelin back, as Nathan continued the discussion.

“_ Yes boss ! I will go tomorrow ! Forest dangerous in the night !

_ In the forest ? Tomorrow , I will go with you, I will take my group with me, so we can protect you better.”

Goruk’s said with a suspicion with he heard about Nathan’s camp in the forest. As the day was ending Goruk instructed one of his followers to guide them to a place they could sleep while he came back to his tent.

When Nathan’s group followed, they reached a clearing where all his group sat. He could see three of Goruk’s goblin watching them as he whispered to Steeve.

“_ Steeve get the word to little guys, when the night comes, we kill all the watchers and join Grom and the reinforcement. We will kill Goruk while he sleeps. No one is to notice the watcher’s death understood ?

_ Yes …”

Steeve smiled brightly at the revelation and informed the goblin discreetly.

When night came the watchers started little fires next to themselves before being relayed by other goblins.

Just as the new goblin came Nathan signalled Steeve to start the operation.

“_ Start the attack.”

Steeve immediately reacted and fired his javelin to a watcher 20 meters ahead, accurately piercing its throat even without an atlatl.

Nathan followed and killed a goblin 10 meters away, but he was not as talented as Steeve, the watcher released a relatively loud groan as he died, alerting the last one who was chilling. When he saw the rioting goblin he stood up and tried to run back.

But the rest of Nathan goblin rushed him before he could go back. The last watcher got the worst fate as he was lynched to death.

Nathan and his men regrouped and searched for Grom. They immediately saw him approaching with Mourzuk dragging a dead goblin. Nathan waved at them before speaking while he pointed his finger at the dead goblin While Steeve took back his and Nathan’s Javelin.

“_ Grom ! Good job ! How did you find us ? And what’s the deal with this thing ?

_ I found Boss Immediately ! When you were at the Hobgob camp. Mourzuk came with me too !

_ Indeed boss, we followed you when they took you here. When we saw the first watchers die, we took out one that Grom found watching in the dark. Here your sword boss.

_ Thanks, Mourzuk. How many goblins did you take with you ?

_ Most of them Boss, we those here we are almost 30

_ Excellent ! follow me, we will kill their leader in his sleep.”

Nathan thanked Mourzuk as he started walking in the direction of Goruk’s tent with 30 Goblin, as they approached, he tightly gripped his sword while thinking

‘ Ah my Dumb-slayer you will taste the blood of your first dumbfuck who tried to screw me.’

When they came close to the tent, he whispered his three officers.

“_ Steeve, Grom take out the Goblin standing guard, they mustn’t make a noise. Mourzuk take the rest of the men and surround the tent. I will go personally kill the sleeping fucker.”

They immediately obeyed, when Steeve and Grom flawlessly killed the goblin guards who were half asleep, Mourzuk reacted and scattered the goblin around the tent as he circled it before coming back with two goblin behind Nathan, Steeve and Grom who stood a few meters before the entrance.

Nathan entered the tent with his dumb-slayer as quietly as possible, walking on the tip of his toe, and first heard a light snoring sound before he saw were the hobgoblin was. The hobgoblin was sleeping on a fur bed, as Nathan was looking at the sleeping silhouette he thought.

‘See that’s what happen when you fuck with the wrong person … You take the risk to have that person impaling you in your sleep like a Nazgul would do to a ring wearing hobbit.’

He raised his sword as high as he could with the tip aiming Goruk’s throat and plunged with all his strength. He felt his sword piercing the neck with a sick noise and ripping against the Hobgoblin’s vertebra.

Goruk Immediately opened his eyes in pain before gripping the sword, a mark on his body shining brightly, lighting up the tent. Nathan immediately released his grip on the sword as he saw Goruk stand up while bleeding profusely, as if the bone weapon stuck in his throat was painless. He reflexively fled in the direction of the exit, thinking in confusion.

‘ Shit ! shit ! shit ! Is it magic ?!’

When he exited the tent, he only had the time to take a step before he saw Steeve Steeve fire his bone javelin at him he rolled on the ground as he thought.

‘ Betrayal ?!’

He saw the javelin passing over him and hear the noise of flesh being pierced before he felt a burning sensation on his back.

After rolling he stood up and turned to see the still shining hobgoblin holding his sword looking at the Javelin stuck in the middle of the bright mark.

It took less then a second before he heard Mourzuk yell followed by multiple Javelin piercing Goruk.

As he saw the Hobgoblin fall, he expired in relief before he approached its unmoving body. He knelt before it, took back his sword before freezing for a second. He then started to cut off Goruk’s head with difficulty using his Dumbslayer. After a few moments, every goblin who surrounded the tent came back before shivering as they saw Nathan performing his gruesome action.

He stood up, tightly gripping the hairs of the head, and raised it for all the goblins to see, before announcing loudly.

“_ Look closely ! This is the fate of all those who think they can fuck with me !

No one try to kill Nathan fucking Laplace ! No one !”

All the goblins cheered before stopping when Nathan threw the head at Mourzuk and resumed his announcement.

“ Now go kill every goblin who obeyed Goruk ‘the one head smaller’ ! Capture those who surrender !”

Nathan was startled by feeling of burning pain in his eyes, that easily eclipsed the light wound on his back.

‘ I know this sensation … This … my instinct is telling me what it is. I’m evolving’

“_ Mourzuk ! Take a few goblin and plunder everything you find ! Grom, you will take the rest to kill the remaining goblins. Steeve … Protect me … I’m evolving, let no one enter this tent

Nathan walked back inside the tent before collapsing on the blood-stained bed, losing consciousness as the pain grew stronger.

15