Reason #2: He is too pretty
149 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I did not expect < Plan A - Avoid The Prince! > to fail so quickly 

Curse you author of this Novel! you just had to make the villainess life that much difficult.

" Ivy? Ivy? Are you ok? you just froze there like a statue" 

"Huh? Yes mother I'm fine, I must be still feeling a little under the weather" 

"My wife, we should let ivy rest for now, I'll call the doctor and check on her later" 

"No father, it's really ok. I'm just tired from touring that's all. There is no need for a doctor. Mother you have another meeting to attend to so i will just ask Nina to escort me back to my room." 

"Are you really sure?" 

I then kiss mother and father on the cheek and reassure them. Both of their faces turn red happy. 

"I bid your highness farewell, apologies that I could not stay and accompany you a little longer" 

"It's alright, I hope ms ivy will recover soon"

Then I smiled and turn around and walk slowly out from the danger zone. 

Once I was out of sight, I increase my pace back to my room to sort out my next plan of attack.

********

After ivy left, prince Leon left the duke and duchess as well to continue his training. 

"My husband, don't you think that ivy has recently change ? She is becoming a lot more mature these days. She is like a whole new person after the accident" 

"Yes I notice my wife. She haven't throw a single tantrum in days. Usually she would shout at the maids for the smallest things. But not to worry my dear wife, I'm sure this is what you call growing up. Our child grew up in a blink of an eye without us knowing, and soon one day she will grow up to be a beautiful noble lady" 

"Let's just hope she won't grow up too fast, I wish she could stay small and adorable a little bit longer. But do you think is ok to have our daughter betrothed at such an early age?" 

"His majesty favors our house greatly and I often felt that the crown prince was lonely in the palace especially after the queen's passing. I'm sure our daughter can be a great friend to his highness. They are still young, the idea of marriage is still very far in the future, we can always discuss this matter later."

The couple then cling into each other as they share the same loving sentiment towards the children. 

********

Back in my bedroom, I lay down on my bed and close my eyes trying calm down the biggest headache that just struck me. 

Thank goodness I'm really good with my poker face. A skill I develop in my past life against customers that I hated. No matter how irritating or annoying or hateful they may be, I will always keep calm and professional. Just smile and waive. 

"But Urghhhhhh... this turn of events is killing me.Who knew that I would be the male lead's Fiance. I only remembered that the villainess ms augustine was also one of Prince Leon's admirer and wanted to grab his attention. Damn me for skipping the finer details in the novel!" 

But it somewhat makes sense now. If ms augustine was the crown prince fiancée, she would've felt jealous and angry that the prince fancy the princess instead.  That is why she tried to get rid of the princess because she is trying to get back what was rightfully hers. Too bad that the prince never felt the same way. He probably tried to cancel the engagement peacefully but ms augustine wouldn't accept it. 

"Sigh what to do now....... how am I suppose to avoid my doom now?"

I don't think I can ask my father to cancel the engagement because usually this is most likely requested by the emperor himself and I don't want to go through that troublesome path. Then an idea suddenly came.

"The problem is that the previous villainess was madly in love with the prince and tried to get in the way of protagonists love. So I should just do the opposite! I won't be clingy and obsessive and I won't show a single love interest with the prince at all and when the time comes I will show them my full support for their love! Hurray Long live true love!

I probably will still need to at least be good friends with prince Leon so that we can maintain a good relationship and end things on good terms. I just have to patiently wait for the day for the crown prince to suggest annulling the engagement and happily accept it" 

Inside my mind I could see the very scene where I sign the engagement annulment and wish the prince and princess happily ever after.... the end... 

"Hohoho.... this plan is good, even better than the last one, just don't fall for the prince even though is he absolutely beautiful" 

Then I recall Prince Leon's face and blush

"OMG, even though I've know the prince to be handsome but I didn't expect his handsomeness to hit me this hard but not to worry I'm a professional. I've work with handsome clients in the past, they were charming and flirty but no matter how much pheromone attack, I've endured and remain professional. I have to admit that prince Leon may grow up to be by far the most handsome guy I've met. Thank goodness he is still a child and I'm actually 30 y.o on the inside so I'll just take my time and get use to his pheromone attack and soon I will be immune to it." 

<Pheromone attack: its a type of charm attack that handsome or beautiful people have on others to make them fall in love with them.> 

I created this term so that I can keep myself sane against beautiful people. Their charm may make you think that you are falling in love but actually it's a scientific attraction skill that human beings have in order to mate. Some human beings are just born to have higher attraction skill then others like celebrities. This is not love, it's just science. As long as you think about it logically, you won't be caught in the delusion. 

*********

Determine to move forward with my next plan of attack, I step out of my room and ran towards the training ground hoping that I could still meet the prince.

"Ah he's still there" 

From a far I could see a young boy vigorously swinging his wooden sword against the dummies. 

" Hi Prince Leon" 

I happily greeted him from a safe distance, but the prince ignored me and continue to swing his sword

<Stupid brat I know you can see me> my inner voice with a smiley poker face

I stood there for awhile and notice that the sun was getting hotter and I could see that he is sweating a lot with his whole face drench with sweat. Then I thought of a happy idea. 

so I went and grab a rugged fleece from my bedroom and stop by the kitchen and made some delicious sandwiches and refreshment. I then lay the mat under the tree next to the prince training ground and sat comfortably under the shade and enjoy my afternoon sandwich. 

I drank the ice cold lemonade and it was very absolutely refreshing and the tree shade made it cooling enough to enjoy the outdoor weather. 

"Ahhhh this is the best... hehe" 

The prince glance over and saw my lunch. It was faint but I could hear his stomach growling a little earlier so I could see he was tempted by the food I made. The prince is still just a child after all and a child could not resist staying hungry. 

The prince stop swinging his sword and walk towards me. He then stood in front of me and raise his hand forward.

I look at him while I continue to munch on my scrumptious sandwich. 

He then wave his hand at me again with an eager look 

It's as if he was trying mind control his way and send me a message <Give Me The Sandwich> 

I look at him again and continue to munch on my delicious sandwich. I deliberately act as if I do not know what he is trying to do. 

"Give it" 

"Give what?" 

"Give me the sandwich"

"Why?" 

"Because I'm hungry"

"and?"

"Because I'm the prince!"

"So??"

The prince finally threw a fit and yelled

"Just give me the sandwich!"

"No"

"What ! How dare you!"

"This is my sandwich which I've prepared it by myself, in this world nothing comes for free and so if you want my sandwich then please trade something for it" 

The prince went silent and he murmured 

"I don't have any money with me" 

"I don't want money" 

"Huh? Then what do you want?" 

"I just want a friend" 

The prince froze for a while then look at me and smiled

"Ok I will be your friend" 

**********

Prince Leon POV

Ever since my mother, the queen, passed on last spring, I've not seen my father the emperor until one day he summon me and told me to train under the great swordsman Duke augustine. That's when I first met my master. 

Master is a kind man. Although his training was tough, he treated me well and taught me many things about the way of the sword and the way of life. I respect my master very much. When I heard that I was betrothed to master's daughter, I felt nothing because I know that this is just another way that father use me as a tool for his empire. Even after many months since I last saw him, his last words to me was just cold as he said " Do not disappoint me" 

When I first met ms augustine, I find her very peculiar. Usually the people who see me for the first time would shower me with praises and compliment me to get on my good side. But when ms augustine first met me, she look as if she was afraid of me. 

Then when I saw the master and the duchess hug and kiss their daughter, she showed a face as if she was the happiest person in the world. 

I envied her dreadfully. Even though I was the prince and people say that I have everything, I could never have what ms augustine have - the love of a family. 

After a while, ms ivy came looking for me again. I didn't think she would since she look afraid the first time we met. I tried to ignore her since I don't like to be reminded of that awful memory. 

"Hi Prince Leon" 

I continue to swing my sword hoping that she would buzz off. 

To my surprise, after she left, she immediately came back with a blanket and a basket full of food and sat down under the tree enjoying her one man picnic. I was hungry and I could smell the fry chicken coming from her side. It was a hot sunny day too and as I could hear her drinking that cold beverage, I couldn't stand it any longer. I fell for her attempt to trap me towards her. She obviously was just trying to win my favor like any other person I know. 

I still didn't want to talk to her so just hand over the sandwich and I shall be on my way. 

As I offered my hand and she stared at me as if she didn't know what's going on

< take a hint you idiot, be grateful that I come over to eat your sandwich!>

She continue to look at me looking clueless while she munch on her sandwich loudly, eating like a vulgar. 

"Give it" 

"Give what?" 

"Give me the sandwich" 

"Why?"

<Huh ?!! Is she really not doing this to win my favor? Is she just really having her own one man picnic?! Anyways that chicken sandwich looks really good and I'm hungry> 

"Because I'm hungry" 

"and?"

"Because I'm the Prince!"

"So??"

<this little girl! Is she really an idiot?! How can she not get it ? I'm the crown prince, you are suppose to listen to me!> 

I was getting frustrated and I got angry 

"Just give me the sandwich!"

"No"

"What! How dare you!" 

I couldn't believe what I'm hearing, this little girl dare to disobey me. She has loving parents who love her so much and she couldn't even spare me a sandwich ! I cannot believe how selfish this girl is, why did she deserve such a loving family and not me! 

"This is my sandwich which I've prepared by myself, in this world nothing comes for free and so if you want my sandwich then please trade something for it" 

<Huh? What is this girl saying? So she wants money ? a young girl like her already learning to extort my wealth? I'll just say I don't have any money on me> 

"I don't have any money on me"

"I don't want money"

"Huh? Then what do you want?" 

"I just want a friend"

I froze. I couldn't understand what is she thinking about. I'm already her fiancé why is she still asking me to be her friend? Isn't it kind of redundant? But this is the very first time someone ask me to be their friend and I didn't have to pay nor do them any favor. On top of that, I get a sandwich and a friend. How is this a fair trade? I laugh inside my heart. She amuses me. Spending time with her may make my time worth while. 

"Ok I will be your friend"

1