Ch 1 – Rebirth is a Pain, The World Even Moreso
125 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So tired...

Tired...?

That's not right.

A dark place. Cliche isn't it?

What the actual...where am I?

Our protagonist tried to move around, limbs slow and dense.

Then, a light.


...

A string of curse words filled inside the now infant protagonist.

You see, right now, they could not see, nor hear, or control their body at all!

What a pain right?

I, as the narrator who can only appear every-so-often would show you her thoughts.

But the Author doesn't want to make this PG-18.

So, for now, you'll have me here.

Isn't this wonderful?

Not for the protagonist of course...

Right now they're a crying mess in the arms of, probably their mother.

What, you're bored? Don't want to talk with me? Want to get back to the story? 

Fine! Time-skip hmph!


3 Years Old

It's been a while since Adikia has been reborn, currently, she is about to read a picture book with two maids accompanying her.

"It's like she grew up in a blink of an eye."

"Children always grow up so fast, I remember when she was just a little crying baby..."

Adikia: Hey hey I can hear you!!

"A fast learner too, hah...if only they were born a boy!"

Her eyes turned downcast, a flash of anger going through them.

You know, I can deal with this. I can deal with being reborn, having to breastfeed, and defecate myself accidentally. I can deal with forcing myself to get used to my new body, it was painful but it was fine. But the worst thing, the worst thing is having to listen to the words 'if only they were a boy'! Over and over again!

She struggled to control her emotions, her hands shook as she gripped the book in her tiny hands.

What's wrong with being a girl ah! Nothing nothing nothing. I don't get it at all, at all...

Her grip loosened, letting out a small sigh. 

After a moment, she read the story.

Once upon a time, the Great Tree of Life gave birth to the First Elf.

The Elf being born of nature of itself was loved by all.

One day, the Elf grew lonely, even though all creatures loved them so, there was no one to talk to.

The Great Tree of Life saw this and gave birth to a Second Elf!

However, while doing this a monster came and messed about!

The Great Tree of Life got hurt and had to quickly make the new Elf before going to slumber.

The First Elf drove the monster away and greeted the new Elf, holding their hands to see that they were much weaker than his own.

The Second Elf was small and weak and above all very sad.

She felt bad for injuring the Great Tree and no soothing of the other one could make them happy.

In the end, the First Elf decided the Second Elf would serve him, the Great Tree, and the sons they will have.

Their daughters will do the same as atonement for what happened to the Great Tree.

The Second Elf finally smiled, and they married under the Great Tree and the watchful eyes of the other creatures.

They Lived and Made Many Children. Happily Ever After.

The End.

Adikia: ...

Adikia: No matter how I read this it's just propaganda in the end right!?!

Firmly shutting the book closed, the now toddler protagonist decided within her heart, that she'll show them what she's worth.

What girls and women are worth.

Just you wait!

'Grrrooowwwllll...'

After I eat!

She stood up and carefully plodded her way to the gossipy maids. 

"Neia, Tial, food!" 

"Oh!" Neia knelt down a kind smile on her face. "Of course give us a moment, Tial can you get the prepared food?"

"Not a problem." She curtsied, her bright-green hair catching the corner of her mouth when she stood and went to get lunch.

Meanwhile, Adikia was guided over by Tial to the Girls Dining Room to eat.

Honestly speaking, the details of the lunch are a bore. The other female children were older and were talking amongst themselves about nothing of particular interest.

Really there's nothing happening.

You can go on and skip this part.

Didn't fall for it? 

Alright, fine.

Such gossips hmph

"What did you learn from etiquette today Frey?"

"Same as yesterday, we focused on reviewing the proper customs of greeting others."

Another girl chimed in, "Yeah, but this time Prince Navere was there to guide us you know?"

This resulted in many sounds of soft disbelief.

"The Princes don't go to our classes, don't joke, it's not proper," reprimanded the girl who asked Frey the question, Ena.

"It's true though..." 

Prince Navere?

It was an unfamiliar name to Adikia, the older girls never talked much about the Princes, let alone their names.

Unlike other works of fantasy she has read, this bunch of elves was similar to humans, albeit with leaner bodies and a longer lifespan.

The Elven King had a harem to help with the fact that their reproductive abilities were not up to par. At least, that's what she gathered.

The reason our barely child protagonist knows this? 

Sometimes her mother would take her to a tea party where the noble ladies would respectfully talk together and drink.

Of course, they gossiped about other ladies as well, but it wasn't as extreme as depicted from the novels with Emperors and such.

Well even if I know this, it doesn't really matter, does it? 

Adikia thought to herself, gulping down the last of her food mush.

Oh yeah, Neia said something about tutoring me when I turn four next week. Maybe I'll find out more of this place without those horrible picture books.

 

 

2